Don't you just love it when...

Aww they are little creatures of habit aren't they :) i dont think ive eaten a full apple or peeled a carrot in peace since getting my first house rabbits 5yrs ago!
I think it's nice you have little wildie buns! I have 5 and one of them you can tell doesn't really like being handled so I try to leave him be- if he's happy, I'm happy! Xx

We had house rabbits several years ago. They're so good aren't they? Apart from making sure they can't get at any wires, they are great to have following you around, even up the stairs! So easy to litter train too! I was surprised. The reason we have the two we have at the mo are because our neighbour found one by the roadside and brought it home (gorgeous lionhead) but, he didn't really have time to look after it properly so we 'adopted' him (rabbit, not neighbour!). Knowing they prefer to be in pairs, we just had to buy another and, after several weeks of carefully introducing them to each other, they've lived happily in and out of the same hutch ever since. They just love each other, licking and grooming and snuggling up together. They're real partners in crime too! When one runs off up the garden, behind the garage, the other follows immediately and they're usually found nibbling away at parts of a tree we cut down or trying to burrow through a heap of gravel we've put there for them!

You've definitely got your hands full with five of them, RosiePops!! :D x

To Dublin :)

Wow how exciting we went for our 10th wedding anniversary so some time ago!!! it was the first time I'd ever been on a city tour bus & it was fab, I'd thought they were tacky beforehand but it wasn't.

How you going to keep quiet!?!?!!?

Wow how exciting we went for our 10th wedding anniversary so some time ago!!! it was the first time I'd ever been on a city tour bus & it was fab, I'd thought they were tacky beforehand but it wasn't.

How you going to keep quiet!?!?!!?

By boring everyone else with it ha ha

Maybe the bus tour will be something to do while there but I suppose it will be hubbys choice as his birthday lol

I know what you mean! :) I'm always like that when I organise a break away for my OH's birthday/Christmas pressie! I always try to take him away for these 'events', if I can afford to, cos I think buying for blokes is so boring otherwise. Also, I get to go away too!! :D Only time it back-fired was when I took him away for the weekend once - stayed in a lovely B+B (not the old-fashioned sort), ate out at a gorgeous pub overlooking a river and, during the meal I handed him an envelope with the details for the following day. He was delighted when he opened it, as it was a day out on a barge, crossing over the highest aquaduct in Wales, just the two of us. It was something he'd always wanted to do and it was advertised as anyone can do it, even total novices. I checked this several times before booking and, each time, they reassured me that it was easy.

What a bloody disaster! We ended up, a couple of times, diagonally across the river, which was really narrow in parts, with me having to push us off with the long pole, shouting at each other, me in tears...... When a barge owner passed us, at one stage, he shouted across, 'Don't worry, love. You'll soon get the hang of it', to which I promptly burst into tears again! :D When we reached a wide turning point, I phoned the office and asked someone to come and get us! I said, I don't care if we have to pay more, just get us!! In the end, an elderly couple came down to us and handled it perfectly, (they used to actually own the rental place, so knew exactly what they were doing) taking us across the aquaduct and back again. They did say, to be fair, that the barge should never have gone out, as it was much too sensitive to any touch on the tiller!

Although I like to get him something a bit different each time, I think we'll be keeping our feet firmly on terra firma from now on!! :D

Kathy x

October Kathy...so excited! Want to keep it a surprise but want to tell him too ha ha!

How exciting, i bet he will love it, i don't know if i could keep it a surprise either =)

I am trying to find a short break at the minute for the bf, it is his birthday in September but we have a week off at the end of August so trying to get a couple of days away for a decent price (as do not have a lot of money at the moment) just no idea where i should look at taking him, am currently searching google to see what i can find x

How exciting, i bet he will love it, i don't know if i could keep it a surprise either =)

I am trying to find a short break at the minute for the bf, it is his birthday in September but we have a week off at the end of August so trying to get a couple of days away for a decent price (as do not have a lot of money at the moment) just no idea where i should look at taking him, am currently searching google to see what i can find x

Where are you thinking? I can't believe how cheap it is to fly away! (not really done it before) but obviously its watching the prices while there too, I don't think Dublin is cheap say.

I honestly don't know, just thinking a couple of days in the UK this year as i want to take him somewhere abroad next summer once i can save some money =)

Did you look at any particular websites or go direct, i am just looking around at the minute to get some inspiration of where to visit...

We went to Paignton for the week on a sun holiday in a caravan the beginning of July and that was really nice (i do miss the sea and the bf likes taking photos) so maybe another place in devon/cornwall to explore hmmm x

I honestly don't know, just thinking a couple of days in the UK this year as i want to take him somewhere abroad next summer once i can save some money =)

Did you look at any particular websites or go direct, i am just looking around at the minute to get some inspiration of where to visit...

We went to Paignton for the week on a sun holiday in a caravan the beginning of July and that was really nice (i do miss the sea and the bf likes taking photos) so maybe another place in devon/cornwall to explore hmmm x

I just went on sky scanner for the flights but I knew where wanted to go and then used quidco for the hotel to see if I got cashback which I did. We went to Amsterdam for my birthday and used air bnb for the accomodation but I found when looking for Dublin as there was only 2 of us it seemed to be rooms in peoples properties which would be ok sometimes but not for hubbys bday trip.

G r o u p on have an offer on today for some lodges and they are in various Uk destinations on certain dates might be worth a look. I looked but can't afford at mo with other stuff going on but they look lovely and I think there is a Devon/Cornwall one

We had house rabbits several years ago. They're so good aren't they? Apart from making sure they can't get at any wires, they are great to have following you around, even up the stairs! So easy to litter train too! I was surprised. The reason we have the two we have at the mo are because our neighbour found one by the roadside and brought it home (gorgeous lionhead) but, he didn't really have time to look after it properly so we 'adopted' him (rabbit, not neighbour!). Knowing they prefer to be in pairs, we just had to buy another and, after several weeks of carefully introducing them to each other, they've lived happily in and out of the same hutch ever since. They just love each other, licking and grooming and snuggling up together. They're real partners in crime too! When one runs off up the garden, behind the garage, the other follows immediately and they're usually found nibbling away at parts of a tree we cut down or trying to burrow through a heap of gravel we've put there for them!

You've definitely got your hands full with five of them, RosiePops!! :D x

What a lovely story :)
Poor little Lionhead starting out by the roadside, but a nice happy ever after! I couldn't agree more re living in pairs, but three of ours live on their own! (their choice, awkward little monkeys). Dillon (who I posted photo of) is very unsociable- hates other rabbits and anyone but me really. Lady Padfoot is too stroppy and won't share the limelight (very jealous) and Arthur is 'in tact' and can't get along with anyone either. We ended up with Arthur as the pet shop had to keep him away from all his brothers and sisters! Polly and Dolly are happy little ladies who sound as mischievous as your pair!!
I was amazed by the litter training too!! Such clean animals- and as for bunnies tackling stairs, I could watch it instead of tv haha...
The bunnies are nothing really- we had over 60 pets at last count so everyone sort of slots in and finds their place in the puzzle! xx

Thank you my lovely, i will take a look x

I honestly didn't think of going further out was thinking within driving distance but may have to have a look to see if i could afford a flight hmmm more to ponder now =)

Definitely worth a look. The flights to and from Dublin have only cost 60 and that's with insurance! Not sure where you are in relation to airports though. We will probably have to pay taxi to airport but we not far from it x

Thank you my lovely, i will take a look x

I honestly didn't think of going further out was thinking within driving distance but may have to have a look to see if i could afford a flight hmmm more to ponder now =)

I don't know where you live but we're flying to Dublin from Manchester it cost £20 each, you could go on Ryanair or easy jet & put in where flying from the dates you want to go & see where works out cheapest to fly to buy selecting different locations.

DYJLIW we've just bought a 'scratch it' map & scratched all the places we've been to. The conversation goes like this
Me: so where are we going next
OH: Scandinavia
Me: hmmm it's not on my list
OH: you can get cheap flights & travel on the train
Me: isn't it expensive?
OH: that's why we're travelling on the train
Me: but it's not on my list (again!)
OH: but there's geocaching

lol so that's why he wants to go!!!!!!

Back