FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

good luck for tonight and i hope you have a lovely week off x

Well 3 1/2 days off if counting today as a sleep day lol!! (glass half empty girl or wot?!!) Thanks hun, I will report back! I have been pretty good but just hope that onion ring-gate Saturday night and *week don't put a spanner in the works!! X

Hi guys, well I lost 1/2 lb this week! Not elated at this because I was pretty good nearly all week- just 2 minor blips- a few too many chilli salted peanuts one day in work and 6 onion rings Saturday night, but stayed well within syns for the week and was an angel most of the time! BUT, the dreaded *week, or Aunt Flo is upon me and nearly always puts a spanner in the works, and I just came off night shifts which always cause fluid retention, so provided I can resist the eggs of the chocolatey kind I hope to have a good loss next week!!!! On the plus side, IT'S A LOSS and all going in the right direction!! Thanks for all your support!! XXX

Hey you! Well done for your loss :) I'm sure it would've been more, but for the extenuating circumstances! Next week I bet you'll see a great loss! Xx

Well done huni for the loss!!! Like you say, you were good and you will get a really good one next week!!

Its quite an achievement to lose anything with Aunt Flo and fluid retention in the same week!!! xx

Thanks all you lovely ladies!! All I can do is keep at it and hope for a goodun next week! I have decided to enjoy chocolate over the Easter weekend but not to go over my syns!! Choccie in moderation= still have a weight loss (hopefully!!) X

Week 78- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Breakfast- 28g Fruit & Fibre (HEXb) with 175ml skimmed milk (1/2 HEXa) and a small sliced banana.

Lunch- Batchelors wholegrain mediterranean tomato & vegetable Pasta n Sauce (1 syn) with added fresh red onion, red chilli and butternut squash. 2 oranges.

Tea- Fresh mussels picked today from our beach by my neighbour- made a broth with finely chopped red onion, garlic, red chilli, fresh coriander, white wine and milk, but only had a teeny weeny bit of the juice (?1 syn max).

Vegetable and lentil curry- onion, garlic, red lentils, aubergines, courgettes, butternut squash, yellow pepper, tomatoes, curry paste (0.5 syns for portion), served with wholegrain rice. Mango chutney (1 syn).

Snack- 2 seafood sticks. A dark chocolate Highlights drink (2 syns).
Skimmed milk in tea and coffee (<1/2 HEXa).

Total syns 5.5.

Last edited:
Week 78- Day 2 (Wed)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Breakfast- 2 Shredded Wheat (HEXb +1.5 syns) with 175ml hot skimmed milk (1/2 HEXa), a small sliced banana and sweetener. A pink grapefruit and 2 kiwi fruits.

Lunch- Veg & lentil curry- see yest (0.5 syns) with basmati rice.

Late afternoon- 4 seafood sticks.

Tea- Turkey meatballs in spicy tomato sauce. Meatballs- turkey mince, red onion, garlic, red chilli, paprika, cajun spices, an egg. Sauce- Tinned tomatoes, tomato puree (negligable), onion, garlic, green pepper, courgette, chilli powder, basil, mixed herbs, 2 spag bol OXO cubes. Served with Ainsley Harriott chilli couscous (1.5 syns). A raspberry & cranberry Mullerlight.

4 small chips in the pub!! Stolen from my friend hahaa (1 syn). Milky coffee made with semi-skimmed milk (1/2 HEXa). 2 mini biscuits with the coffee (2 syns).

Total syns 6.5.

Last edited:
Week 78- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Breakfast- Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus bar (HEXb). A banana. 1/2 slice wholemeal bread with sliver of Flora (4 syns).

Snack- 5 seafood sticks. A BBQ jumbo Snack-a-Jack (2 syns) with 2 Laughing Cow onion Deli-Lights (2/5 HEXa). A vanilla/choc sprinkles Mullerlight.

Late lunch- Veg & lentil curry(1 syn for curry paste) (see Tues) with long grain rice. Mango chutney (1 syn). An orange and an apple.

Before choir- went to fish n chip shop with dh! Had a small bit of his fish in batter (?3 syns), bite of jumbo sausage (?1 syn) and 1/2 a risolle (?4 syns).

After choir practice/pub- Turkey meatballs in spicy tomato sauce (see yest).

Milk in coffee (<1/2 HEXa).

Total syns 16.

Last edited:
Week 79- Day 4 (Good Friday)- Red day- Working 1-8pm.

Breakfast- Red onion and mushroom 3-egg omlette.

Work break 1- Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus bar (HEXb1).

Work break 2- Smoked salmon salad (with mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, radishes and spring onion). 2 tbspns xl salad cream (2 syns). A rhubarb Mullerlight. 2 pears.

At home- 28g honey nut bite-size Shredded Wheat (HEXb2) with 175ml skimmed milk (1/2 HEX2) and small sliced banana. A snack-size packet of sweet chilli Ryvita Minis (4 syns). 3 Babybel lights (HEXa1).

Milk in tea (Part HEXa2).

Total syns 6.

Last edited:
Week 79- Day 5 (Easter Sat)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Breakfast- 3 egg omlette with mushrooms, red onion, red pepper and red chilli.

Lunch- Quorn chicken style pieces, Stirfried vegetables, teryaki sauce (0.5 syns) with Ainsley Harriott creamy vegetable spelt (1 syn). A cherry Mullerlight.

Evening- A banana and a pear before going out to a neighbour's 60th Birthday house party!
At party- the good things:- Salad, quinoa salad, bulgar wheat salad, olives (1 syn), balsamic pickled onions. The bad things:- A small cupcake (? 8 syns), a home-made cheese straw (?6 syns) a 375ml bottle Belgian cherry beer (?8 syns), some crisps (?5 syns) and some cashew nuts (?5 syns). Syns unknown!

Estimated syns for day 34.5.

Last edited:
Week 79- Day 6 (Easter Sun)- Extra Easy- Working 12-8pm.

Breakfast- 3 egg omlette with mushrooms, red onion, red pepper and red chilli.

Work break- Quorn chicken style pieces, Stirfried vegetables, teriyaki sauce (0.5 syns) with Ainsley Harriott creamy vegetable spelt (1 syn). Summer berries Mullerlight. Some raspberries.

3 mini eggs (3 syns).

At home- 1/2 a 198g Minstrels Easter egg (26 syns and a packet of Minstrels that came with it (10.5 syns).

28g Honey nut bite sized Shredded Wheat (HEXb) with 175ml skimmed milk (1/2 HEXa). A grapefruit.

Skimmed milk in cups of tea (<1/2 HEXa).

Total syns 41.

Last edited:
Week 79- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Breakfast (in cafe)- 2 poached eggs and baked beans on 1 slice wholemeal bread (HEXb), no butter.

Snack- 1 choc/orange Alpen Light (3 syns).

Lunch out- Rigatoni pasta with beef, celery, peas, parmesan (part HEXa). Tiramisu (? goodness knows how many syns- 25 at an estimate!!!)

Tea- Stirfried veg with Quorn chicken style pieces, Asda chickpea dahl and lemon & coriander couscous (1 syn). A grapefruit and an orange.

Milk in tea and coffee (part HEXa).

Total syns approx 29 (not doing very well last 3 days- too many temptations!!!)

Last edited:
Hi sugaplum how's tricks? Are u having a lush time? No I had already planned a holiday week to spend some time with Daipup on the BH which is probably why I had tiramisu yest!! The last 3 days have thrown naughties at me but other than that I've been well on track anf still totally in the zone and aiming 4 a decent loss next wk! Nothing standing in my way this week coming! So wot u up to on your hols? X

Back