FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

whats this cosmo babes??? :) wanna go!!!! xxx

Hi hunny, OMG it's the most AWESOME buffet style restaurant- they call it 'pan Asian'! If you know China China, it's a similar concept only about 1000 times nicer and a lovely ambience!! The food quality and selection is out of this world! I've checked out the branch locations and the nearest to you would be Coventry and Wolverhampton! Cosmo

Mind you it's probably best that there isn't one near you! I'm kind of regretting discovering ours as I'm a danger to myself once through the doors!!!

Week 81- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy- Manual handling training day 9-4.

Breakfast- 3-egg omlette with herbs. 1/2 tbspn Reggae Reggae sauce (0.5 syns).

Lunch- in swimming pool cafe near training centre- Pasta with tuna (no mayo) and veg. Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus bar (HEXb). Some strawberries. (Took my own Fibre Plus bar and strawbs!)

At home- Small amount of cold leftover roast chicken breast. My own version of Eton Mess (Meringue nest- 2.5 syns, Total 0% yogurt, sweetener, 12.5g light squirty cream- 1.5 syns, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries).

In pub- Starter- Garlic infused king prawns with beetroot and orange salad.
Main- Roasted poussin with creamed potato, other veg (which all contained butter!!). Difficult to estimate syns!
Pudding- Didn't have a pud but had a couple of crackers, some celery, grapes and approx a HEXa portion of cheese (from dh's cheeseboard) Also had a pot of tea which came with a white chocolate truffle (2.5 syns).

Not too disastrous but difficult to calculate syns today! ?20?

Last edited:
Week 81- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy- Working night shift 7.30pm-8am.

Breakfast- 28g mini honey-nut Shredded Wheat (HEXb) with 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa) and sliced banana.

Light lunch- Homemade tabbouleh (bulgar wheat, chopped parsley, chopped mint, pomegranite seeds and thinly sliced clementines). 1/2 a raspberry & cranberry Mullerlight. Some blueberries and strawberries.

Tea- Roast chicken with steamed asparagus and broccoli. Mayflower curry sauce (2 syns). A Thai Mugshot (0.5 syns). A pink grapefruit.

Work food- Homemade tabbouleh (see earlier) with 2 peppered smoked mackerel fillets (4 syns) and salad (mixed leaves, baby plum tomatoes, red pepper, red onion, balsamic vinegar). 1/2 a raspberry & cranberry Mullerlight mixed with Total 0% yogurt with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.

Angela's low fat chocolate cake (?6 syns).

Semi-skimmed milk in tea (part HEXa).

Total syns 12.5.

Last edited:
gonnabesmall said:
hi hun,whats asparagus like,been wanting to try it but dont know if il like it x

Well if you enjoy most green veg you'll probably like it! It has a distinctive flavour unlike any other veg- you can steam it or griddle it, but don't overcook it! This is the time to buy it because it's in season and very expensive out of season XxX

Last edited:
thanks,might give it a go,always fancied it from come dine with me when they wrap it in parma ham...is that free?..... and have a poached egg on top x

Apparently parma ham is 1/2 syn per 28g so not free, but of course the egg and the asparagus would be! Sounds lovely actually hun!X

Sorry have been MIA lately...busy with having the kids at home over the holidays, visiting London and was back at work this week. Now it's all over, so I'm going to stick to plan.

Glad to see you are still on the right path and with that determination you will be on target in no time :) Well done hun and keep it up!

Meli said:
Sorry have been MIA lately...busy with having the kids at home over the holidays, visiting London and was back at work this week. Now it's all over, so I'm going to stick to plan.

Glad to see you are still on the right path and with that determination you will be on target in no time :) Well done hun and keep it up!

Ooh I was just thinking about you Meli! You certainly seem to have been a busy bee lately and I do feel that Ive neglected you somewhat! Not a hat in sight lol!! Hope you're alright pumpkin and that you're looking forward to some YOU TIME! Sounds like everyone else has taken precedence! I'm still hanging in there, chipping away, up and down a bit and slow progress but nearing target! I fear I will have a gain on Mon as I've had a couple of naughty days this week but as long as I have a 70/30 approach Im quite happy! I do need my treats even though this makes getting to target a slow process! Look forward to seeing the motivated Meli back on our screens XxX

Week 81- Day 6 (Sun)- Extra Easy- Working night shift 7.30pm-8am.

Early morning in work- Angela's low fat chocolate cake (?6 syns). A spicy sweet n sour Mugshot.

On waking up- 28g mini honey-nut Shredded Wheat (HEXb) with 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa) and a sliced banana. 1 Ben's Butterscotch HIFI bar (3 syns).

Before work- 3-egg mushroom & red onion omlette. Mushy peas.

Work break- Peppered smoked mackerel fillet (2.5 syns) with homemade tabbouleh (see yesterday) and salad (mixed leaves, vine ripened cherry tomatoes, red onion, red pepper, beetroot, balsamic vinegar). Cherry Activia fat free snackpot. Strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.

Total syns 11.5.

Last edited:
Thanks Elle & Leanne! Noo haven't got a good feeling tonight due to Cosmo-gate Wed, slightly too indulgent day Fri, just come off nights this mornin and looming *week! Not a good combo! Expect a gain or at very best STS! X

Week 81- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy- Day off/sleep day.

Early morning in work- Spicy sweet n sour Mugshot.

Before bed- 2 jumbo caramel Snack-a-Jacks (5 syns) with light squirty cream on each (!!!) (3 syns). Was having a sweet moment lol!!

On waking up- 28g mini honey-nut Shredded Wheat (HEXb) with 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa). A vanilla/choc sprinkles Mullerlight. Some blueberries.

After WI- Chilli red pesto king prawns and veg (spring onions, courgette, cherry tomatoes). 2.5 syns for red pesto. With vermicelli pasta. A grapefruit.

Total syns 10.5.

Last edited:
OK, so I gained 1.5lb this week!! I think I know where it came from! Last Wednesday a trip to Cosmo which ended in disaster in the form of a mound of Eton Mess and Black Forest gateau, and that was on top of the excess of the savoury stuff!! 2 words- BEST AVOIDED!!! I then had a small splash-out and over-synnage on Friday evening! The remaining 5 days have been right on plan, but with * week pending and having just finished night shifts this morning (known to cause water retention) I didn't really stand a chance!! On the plus side, I am seeing the bigger picture, still feel great in myself and loving my clothes and feeling really positive about having a good week ahead!! Obstacles this week are Harvester tomorrow lunchtime, but I will have the best choices possible (easy enough to do there) and a conference followed by evening party in Cardiff Castle on Saturday! This is potentially dangerous as I haven't a clue what to expect but I will do my very very best!!

Back