FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Hope your OH gets better soon. £300!! You can get a load of new clothes with that :)
Debating whether to go back to my WI. Wondering if I should just try to do it on my own and just WI at the gym?

Well, the hotel was £130, the petrol would have cost about £40, drinks would have been pricey in the castle, and it was a charity function (auctions, tombola etc) which would have meant parting with cash too (I know that makes me sound tight, but all totted up it makes for a pricey event!!!)

DH is OK thanks, he has terrible eczema and from time to time it flares up, starts bleeding and gets infected:cry: which in turn makes him feel really ropey!:mad: He has started some anti-Bs and is starting to feel a bit better :eek:X

Oh hun, I think you have to ask yourself if you can really truly honestly stick to it at home without going to WI! I know some people can, unfortunately I'm not one of them! I know I need to go to class to get the support, kicks up the backside and the public humiliation to stick to it and stay motivated! But of course everyone is different! If you CAN do it from home, give it a go, but think hard about it!!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

hey Hevs - you okay babes? xxx whats up with the Pup? xxx

Hey hunny, as I was saying to Meli above, it's his eczema that gets infected sometimes and makes him feel yucky all over!!:cry:He's feeling a bit better today though as antibiotics are kicking in!! It's a worry though, the edges of his hands and wrists are raw from scratching!!

sorry to hear that Hevs - hope he is feeling better today! you ready for weigh in? I have a feeling its gonna be a huge loss :D x

Ellebear said:
sorry to hear that Hevs - hope he is feeling better today! you ready for weigh in? I have a feeling its gonna be a huge loss :D x

Went to morning class today as parents up and it's freed up the evening! Not huge Elle (but thanks 4 the positivity) but still a loss nevertheless!! 1/2 lb! Oh well, will do better this week girls! X

Just popping by to say Hi!
So close now girl, you've done amazingly well :)
Lots of love x

Hi Jay, long time no shpeak!! Lovely to see you, thanks for popping by! Thanks also for the lovely rep!!! :D Yeh I'm really pleased with myself for sticking with it, transforming the way I eat and approach food and most of all enjoying it (which I suppose is how I've stuck to it!) On the other hand I do get frustrated with myself for taking so long to get to target!! It's been very slow since November!! But with only a few lbs to go (8 to be precise) it's a lot harder to say no to the odd indulgence, which in turn slows things down and prevents me from getting there quicker!! But overall I should be pleased with myself I think!! How are you doing anyway sweetie?XXX

Ah I'm plodding along, as always. Still cannot get back to target. Well, I can, but everything keeps getting in the way. Birthdays, weekends away, social events etc.
Still, I'm doing my best to maintain but I have 10lb to shift and it's getting closer and closer to holidays.
I will get there though.

You take care lovely lady xx

Loopeylou said:
Well done on your loss, it's going in the right direction and is bound to be harder now your so close to target hun xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks hunnybun XxX

jaylou said:
Ah I'm plodding along, as always. Still cannot get back to target. Well, I can, but everything keeps getting in the way. Birthdays, weekends away, social events etc.
Still, I'm doing my best to maintain but I have 10lb to shift and it's getting closer and closer to holidays.
I will get there though.

You take care lovely lady xx

Sounds like yre similar to me then, about the same distance away from the big T! Thing is u know you can do it as you've done it before! U can do it again! My target is untrodden ground! I'm beginning to think I'll never get under 11 stone! X

Week 82- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy- Annual leave day.

Breakfast (before WI)- A mint HIFI bar (HEXb) and a butterscotch HIFI bar (3 syns).

WI- Lost 1/2 lb! It's a loss, so I have to be happy enough, but after last week's 1 1/2lb gain it doesn't feel quite so exciting I'm afraid!! Nevermind, hope to do better next week!!

Starbucks- Caramel Frappacino (made with skimmed milk-HEXa, ? 4 syns for caramel?!).

Lunch- Ate out at Machynys golf club- Starter- Gravaldax with thinly sliced cucumber, mayonnaise (ate only a little of this ? 3 syns) and a tiny bit of melba toast (?1.5 syns). Main course- chicken breast, served on tagliatelle made with rocket pesto (quite a creamy sauce ?8 syns?!) Parmesan shavings (?3 syns).

Tea- Gammon (from roasted unsmoked joint) with Jersey Royal potatoes (?1 syn for little butter), steamed asparagus and green beans, a little homemade parsley sauce (2 syns). Strawberries.

Total syns 25.5.

Week 83- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy- Annual leave day.

Breakfast- 28g mini Honey-nut Shredded Wheat (HEXb) with a sliced banana and 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa).

Lunch- Cold buffet of bits and bobs! Salad (mixed leaves, vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, spring onions, red pepper, Light Choices balsamic dressing- 0.5 syns). King prawns, smoked mackerel 107g (4 syns), slice of yesterday's gammon, 2 small cold Jersey Royal potatoes.

Went for an invigorating walk against the elements! 1 1/2 hours, mainly sand dunes and the wind against us, it was like walking through treacle!!!

Tea- Chicken curry (chicken breast, onion, garlic, root ginger, mushrooms, green pepper, red pepper, courgette, fresh tomatoes, passata, madras curry paste- 1 syn, chilli powder, ground cumin, coriander, crushed cardomon pods and garam masala). Served with boiled basmati rice. Mango chutney (1 syn). Mixed berries- strawbs, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries with Eat Smart light squirty cream (2 syns).

A teeny weeny bit of Edam cheese (<1/3 HEXa).
Skimmed milk in tea and coffee (<1/3 HEXa).

Total syns 8.5.

Last edited:
WI- Lost 1/2 lb! It's a loss, so I have to be happy enough, but after last week's 1 1/2lb gain it doesn't feel quite so exciting I'm afraid!! Nevermind, hope to do better next week!!

I missed this hidden within all your food!!!

Well done on the loss huni!! Any loss is a loss and much better than a gain!!! Its only a 1/2lb gain that is 'nothing', 1/2lb losses are everything!!! :)

That curry does sound lovely!! I really should get myself some curry paste!! xx

I missed this hidden within all your food!!!

Well done on the loss huni!! Any loss is a loss and much better than a gain!!! Its only a 1/2lb gain that is 'nothing', 1/2lb losses are everything!!! :)

That curry does sound lovely!! I really should get myself some curry paste!! xx

Thanks TargetGirl!! It was indeed yummy even if I do say so myself!!! Yes you're right, 1/2 lb loss is a loss, and I am sooo determined to get a another one, hopefully a better one next Monday!! So I'm being a good girl!! Hope you're OK after your Bridget Jones moment a couple of days ago!!X

Back