Kes is doing the 30 Day Shred

how are you going today hun?

Day Two!! OUCH!

well im ok, although sore...
i really could have just got into my sloppys, and sat on the sofa tonight... but as soon as i got in, i went straight up and got changed, and turned the dvd player on...
and away i went. i must admit i prob gave it some and didnt, but still worked up a good sweat...

my heart rate monitor stopped after about 10 mins. GRRRR so i prob with what was on there, and what i did yesterday, i prob did about the same calorie wise as yesterday, so about 350.

im prob not going to be able to walk tomorrow, but we will soldier on! :)

well done hun!!

i cant wait to see your results!

Day three: bleh.....

Well yes as you can imagine I hurt yet again today. Not badly but enough for me to feel it.

I didn't overly feel up to doing it tonight as I got the unwanteds today and feel soon bloated...

But I got home, got changed and did it... my husband saw it for the first time today, he was like woah, does she stop?

I got through it all fine, although got a stitch... so note to self try not to eat or drink close to doing it...

I didn't burn that many cals tonight... only 260, so maybe I need to go up a level to level 2. Pump some more iron and keep going

feeling fine today. the muscles have stopped hurting as much. so when i get home tonight i will def be doing level two! wish me luck!!!!!!!!

youre doing well hun...stuck with it!! when are you weighing? be interesting to see if the shred has upped the weight loss!

good luck for level 2 hun!!

Day Four: Level 2......

ok well i went up a level......

i was ok with it, although my legs feel like jelly... you hvae to get up and down more i feel... so i did get a bit dizzy with it all (one of those things with cd...)

so just took a moment each time to get through it...

roughly 300cals burnt... and 400cals after an hour after starting, so thats still pretty good. although not as much as the first day, so it does show that my fitness is getting back up there. :)

i guess i can only tell how good (or bad i guess lol) tomorrow with how sore i will be...

im quite shocked that ive stuck with it... 4 days.. who can say they did it every day so far....

i dont know if im going to get bored doing it.... so might just see how it goes.. but i hope that i can continue, and be true to word on my 30 days...

Bunny, im weighing on mondays, and i am going to measure each week too, so i will be able to give you all a week to week...

sneeky scales.. nothings changed. so i am hoping thats because of my muscles being sore and holding more water...

Day Five: Level 3!!!

Well i dont know what came over me this morning, i woke up and my muscles felt fine, so i thought.... hmm lets check out level three!!
ohhh its hard.. i had to do the easy version of most of them, so that tells me that there is no way im ready for it yet! lol

back to level one and two for a while me thinks LOL. hehehe

feeling ok. although my leg muscles hurt a little now... but not as much as they did on day one. :)

bring on the next 25 days!

well done hun, really proud of you to keep on with that nutter lol :D

Thanks lovely... I'm gonna keep going. I need to exercise... it also makes you feel good knowing that you have done a good work out...

day six- back to level one!

well i was being a little lazy this morning and i went back to level one... but still really pushed myself to get the advanced version done.. still cant do push ups. but i dont think im ever going to be able to push up my hefty bust!!!!!

after an hour since starting is i burnt off 400 cals (thats about the time that my heart rate starts to slow back down and get back to my normal resting rate..)

but during i burnt 250 cals. :)

im starting to feel quite good for doing it and sticking to it... but we will see how it goes. i still have another 3 weeks lol!!

You're doing so well hun!! ive always struggled with push ups,even when i was slim,i could never do them,its not because my arms are weak,because theyre not...maybe more core has never been strong!

what gadget are using to track your during and after calories burned?

Can you do this on TFR? Or would you need to add an extra meal?

It's not recommended that you take on something like this if you have not been active before. But I've been doing some pretty long slogs at the gym before now so my fitness level is higher than it used to be.

You're doing so well hun!! ive always struggled with push ups,even when i was slim,i could never do them,its not because my arms are weak,because theyre not...maybe more core has never been strong!

what gadget are using to track your during and after calories burned?

i use a heart rate monitor that i got from argos... it has a strap that goes around your waist, and a watch thing for your wrist. although i had to re do the strap, as it was too big... (more i stretched it when i was bigger) it does your heart rate, time, cals etc... and i just have to remember to keep changing my weigh in there as your cals are done by your heart rate, height and weight... :)

Day Seven- Push it!!!

Well i tried really hard to push myself today, so i got a few jobs done before doing it (knowing that im probly going to just slob from now on for the rest of the day hehehe)
i did level 2 and really went for it!!

soooo 300 cals later, i finished the hard slog. lol

hoping for the next half hour i can go back to the normal heart rate but still burn off some more cals to bring it above 400 cals :)

im starting to not hurt anymore afterwards and during the day/ night.. yes i hurt during the work out, but that would mean i am doing it right and pushing my muscles yeah.. lol

so anyone else joined me?? how are you all doing??????

Hey kes, so am totally following you here so thought id go out and get the dvd.. mind if i put my workout stuff here so you can give me tips and stuff lol.. as it saves me making another 30 day shred thread xx

Hey kes, so am totally following you here so thought id go out and get the dvd.. mind if i put my workout stuff here so you can give me tips and stuff lol.. as it saves me making another 30 day shred thread xx

of course you can.... my biggest tip is work through it... do the best you can (regardless of how much it hurts...)

Day 8... (sorry im a day late in this one)

did level two, which was fab.. really tried to push myself again, and tried to get the most out of it.... im feeling less pain full during the day, in fact i could probly say i dont hurt at all anymore... which prob means that im not pushing myeslf hard enough i guess......

well we will see what i have got in my tonight after work, and see if i can really go for it... wish me luck!

well my 1st day lvl1 went ok lol.... i was totally wiped after... those star jumps really got me, was thinking of doing lvl1 for 10days lvl2 for 10days then lvl3 for 10 days, what do you think or should i mix it up more

Back