love atkins

Well done on the loss x

Hi all I am still lurking, but haven't made much headway with the weight loss, just can't get my Atkins head on. I started a vlcd on tues, shakes and bars during the day and a low cal meal in the evening, I could do all shakes/bars, but I don't want to give my dds bad example, ( I don't really think vlcds are the right way to eat, but needs must). I have lost 4 lb since tues, so very pleased with that, still 2 stone to go, but I think removing the choice during the day is working at the moment. I am stil going to the pt, I gave really toned up, so at least that is working .

Hey chick well done on the loss so far....i know how hard Vlcd are. Do you find your heavier when working out?

What VLCD are you on?

Hi missie, I think working out does make you heavier, other than the 4 lb this week, I had not lost anything since working out, but I have lost 4inches, 2 1/2 from my waist, I am a good size bigger on my top half, unfortunately there are no exercises to reduce bust size!! I am following nupo, I get it from my local pharmacy. So far it has not been too bad, but I am only on day 3!! So I will know better after a full week.

Morning, 1 week into vlcd/ low carb and I am down 6lb. I know 4 was water weight, cos it went it the first few days, but I am very pleased with that. I am going to a wedding in 5 weeks and on hols 6 weeks after that, so if I even loose 1 lbs week I will be very pleased. Tried on some summer clothes and also outfit for the wedding and all fit, even though I am 8 lb heavier than this time last year .....it must be the exercise that has toned me up.

During the week I have been taking 3/4 vlcd products with a low carb/cal meal in the evening. At the weekend I have been just calorie counting and staying as low carb as possible. No wine for the last 7 days!!!
I hope you all have a good week.

Woohoo well done Sammy that's a great loss! :D

I think no vino is the key, eh, or part of it anyway? I've had nearly a week without any - but most of the time I feel like I'm in mourning :)

Hi sammy, well done:). Agree booze is a big problem so cutting it always a good plan (what i say not what i do lol)

Morning all, isn't it very quiet for the last few days on here.
I stuck with the plan again this week and am down 1 1/2lb, so really pleased with that. Still no wine, it hasn't been as difficult as I thought it might be. I will continue with vcld products during the day and proper food in the evenings for another week and hopefully I will have another loss.
I hope you are all having a fab weekend.

Morning all, I got on the scales again this morning.....it is the first time in YEARS that I am the same weight on a Monday that I was on the previous friday, normally I put on a few lb over the weekend and it takes a few days to get back to the Fri weight. Really pleased, definitely the wine!! Another 2 weeks wine free and using the vlcd products during the week. I will decide then if I will continue with this way of eating. It will all depend on the scales. I am actually feeling great. This is the longest I gave kept to a specific way of eating for more than a few days in over a year.
I hope you all had a great weekend.

Well done Sammy and wine is evil lol I know if I could do without my vodka I would have a loss every week, but yeah I spin my wheels too -weekend gain and spend all week taking it off. I find I sleep better and just generally handle life better without it. Bank holiday weekend though so doubt I'll start this week. x

I so wish VLCD would work for me. I mean of course it works when it comes to weightloss but when I tried it for the first time, a lot of my hair fell out and it's scared me. Would you go back to Atkins after the products?

Hi, gosh I hope I don't loose my hair....enjoying this way of eating at the moment,products during the day and proper food in the evening, I just find it the easiest way to control calories. Even when I was doing Atkins properly I had to restrick calories to get a loss. I am trying to keep my carbs low everyday, around 50/75.
I will definitely do Atkins for maintenance, I have found in the past if I do Atkins (25 carbs) strictly during the week and relax (100 carbs) a little at the weekend I can maintain. It all goes pear shaped when "life" gets in the way and I loose focus as in the last year.

Looking like a loss again this week per my scales ( which are really old and difficult to read properly), if it is when weighed by pt tomorrow I will carry on with the products for another week.

Evening all, well I had 1lb gain on Fri, not very happy and I turned to food at the weekend, reined it in a bit today. So back in diet properly tomorrow, if I have no loss this week I will return to Atkins and keeping cal around 1200 per day.

Hi Sammy x

Morning all, delighted to report a 3 lb loss on Fri, so I have lost a total of 10lb after 8 weeks watching what I eat, and 2 or 3 training sessions with pt each week. I have 2 more sessions with the pt, I think I will pay for another course, I am on hols in 8 weeks, so I would love to loose another 10lb in that time.
I have finished all my vlcd products, so I am just going to low carb for a couple of weeks and see how I get on. The products work out expensive and my head is back in the right place for Atkins.
I will start posting menus again. I hope you all have a great day.

Hi cl, I did the shakes/ bars Mon to Fri during the day and a low carb dinner in the evening. I just low carved at the weekends. I only did it for about 3 weeks, but it got my head in the right place. I have got used to not picking during the day, so I am ready to do Atkins properly again.

Menu for today
B bacon and egg
L tuna, mayo and salad leaves in a wrap (very thin 1egg omlette)
D salmon with creamy wilted spinach.

Lots of water....Just remembered this now, I haven't had any yet today!

Well done on the loss! x

Back