M-Mouse's Droppings

Yes I think kittymungo will enjoy them! Hopefully they will be well established before he is allowed out in the summer!

Vicky - how did you explain your name to the Atkins bods? They must think we're totally loopy! Talk about ketogenic euphoric madness!

I don't get the witch thing? Have I missed a post? (probably)

Scrumps (let's name and shame), defending some strong Dukan advice from some of us, confirmed the advice to a newbie, then softened it with: "the Dukan witches have saved me more than once"... or similar.

So, being responsible for said "toe the line" post, I presumed she was calling me a witch, so I named myself accordingly... and now the other trainee witches have joined in one by one.

Perhaps you had to be there!

Vicky - At 8 years old, I'm a whole year more mental than what you are! ;-)

Jo - I'm another intolerant cinema goer.

Actually, the worse cinema experience I can remember happened in France. We went to see "The Blair Witch Project" and someone's mobile phone rang. This person answered his phone and proceeded to have a loud conversation. After the multiple tuts, shhhhssshhings and glares from every other member of the audience, the miscreant shouted angrily at them, "It's my daughter phoning me from New York!!! I was expecting the call and I WILL speak to her!!!!!!" - before continuing with the rest of the conversation on his phone. Needless to say, he was not the most popular person in the place for the rest of the film - especially since we missed several minutes of what was supposed to be one of the scariest bits because of him.

I'm also an intolerant swimmer. I think that the lane markers in the serious swimming section should be electrified to stop people stopping to chat, backing into people as they jump around to play and swimming widthways across all of the lanes.

I want to be a witch:p. Got to be more exciting status than 'likes to post'! Will think about it on gym run and update later:D.

I am intolerant of people being noisy in the quiet carriage of the train in the mornings. I have in the past:

- asked people to turn their ipods down
- asked people not to use theor phones
- encouraged someone to elbow their neighbour quite violently to wake him up because he was snoring so bloody loudly :)

haaaa!!

Why do people walk four abreast and then stop! Why do TOURISTS stand at the top of the tube staircase and chat? Why do people push to get on the tube first, and then STOP! grrrr!

But DD wins with her electrified lane markets in swimming pools <gosh that's a frightening thought!!>

I'm also an intolerant swimmer. I think that the lane markers in the serious swimming section should be electrified to stop people stopping to chat, backing into people as they jump around to play and swimming widthways across all of the lanes.
oh me too!!! or those who just 'have' to overtake when they should obviously be in the olympic swimmers lane not in the ok i can swim fast but not that fast lane!!!!! raaa feel like weeing in the pool so they get the downstream (omg did i really just say that!)

I've handed before a persistent sniffer a tissue... and have sprayed perfume in the tube when the BO stench has been too strong!

haaaa!!

Why do people walk four abreast and then stop! Why do TOURISTS stand at the top of the tube staircase and chat? Why do people push to get on the tube first, and then STOP! grrrr!

But DD wins with her electrified lane markets in swimming pools <gosh that's a frightening thought!!>

Another thing that used to annoy me in France was that they had to stop immediately in their tracks, no matter where they were, as soon as they saw someone they vaguely knew, and then engage in kissing each other on alternate cheeks for hours and hours and hours and hours and... The number of times I've waited outside in the cold outside shops, businesses, metro stations and shopping centres, waiting for the affection to stop. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Heh heh, I must sound like a truly horrid person. Usually, I'm told that I'm very nice - but there are certain things which make me turn green and grow so giant that I burst the seams of my clothes. ;):D

Anyway, I think my electrified swimming pool lanes aren't anywhere near as scary as Vicky's weeing. Besides, my idea wouldn't work as it would electrocute everyone in the water, including myself - so it's something that I just quietly fantastise about. :eek:

Aaaaaaaaaargh dunno about electrified lane markers but I need an electrified prod for the swimming pool! Pet peeve... It is a small pool, relatively, yet some people manage to swim, or even worse, stop in the middle of the pool, 5 (?!) ladies and chat?!?!?! What do they think it is, Roman baths?! I must seem to be a deranged fish, cos I swim 10 m back, 10 m to non-stop, and they didn't take the hint at all. Then the soakers at either end; floating and chatting... well, what can you do... Suddenly a private pool starts to seem as a good idea but alas not in this life-time!

Aaaaaaaaaargh dunno about electrified lane markers but I need an electrified prod for the swimming pool! Pet peeve... It is a small pool, relatively, yet some people manage to swim, or even worse, stop in the middle of the pool, 5 (?!) ladies and chat?!?!?! What do they think it is, Roman baths?! I must seem to be a deranged fish, cos I swim 10 m back, 10 m to non-stop, and they didn't take the hint at all. Then the soakers at either end; floating and chatting... well, what can you do... Suddenly a private pool starts to seem as a good idea but alas not in this life-time!

Or the people who think it's a great idea to just float on their backs, drifting across the fast swimming lanes so you bump into them and bang your head.

Loving this chat! I could really do with moving to a desert island (or, at least, to my deserted country village!)

Back