M-Mouse's Droppings

(-1.5lbs weigh in thread...)

I had a good spell on the computer on Sat am before OH got up... shorter on Sunday cos I wanted to get cooking done before going out at 9am... then a little flit mid-pm...
x

'Spell' LOL

pmsl spell.....
fab Kim you are real brave doing wi on a monday!

toil and trouble......he he loving it

Mousey mousey... did you put sweetener in your goji muffins? and did you presoak them? in what? how long? Better still - can I have your goji muffin recipe please?

Aha, read this on the train and then couldn't see it when I got home! I am soaking my gojis in a little boiling water until they look plump (15 mins?). I don't know if I need to do this or not.

I am just using my usual recipe - amounts all approx I'm afraid.

2 tbspns oatbran
1 tbspn splenda
1 or 2 eggs
1 or 2 tbspns gojis (depending if pv or pp)
cinnamon if required.
approx 2 tbspns natural yoghurt

I don't use baking powder or wheatbran

I whisk the egg(s) with my electric whisk, then add the splenda and whick up some more. I then add everything else and whisk some more and then bake.

I have started whisking as it gives a better texture.

Well what a week I have for trying to stay on plan. Mum's Birthday lunch last Sunday, Weds night in hotel for funeral, so hotel breakfast, food after funeral, my birthday Saturday (I said I didn't want to go out but think oh has Indian planned) and then stepdad's birthday lunch Sunday!! Oh dear! This is where I think we are going Saturday - I know Vicky and Sarah love menus! http://www.poppadomexpressplus.co.uk/menu.pdf
(I hope I misheard and we're not going!!)

Ooh the other hot news is that OH checked today that I am going to be WFH tomorrow as there is 'an important delivery' arriving! I love surprises!!

Oh and my final news is that the kitten has started playing fetch with us - how cute is that!!??

Bless, that's so cute - I swear my cats are better entertainment than television most of the time!

You should be fine for saturday, something like chicken tikka /tandoori would be ok right? You just need to resist the rice and naan bread!

Excellent news all round (particularly the WFH!!). Thanks for the recipe Mouse and I'll be trying it at the weekend!

Dear little kitten... awh..; does she bring the toy back and gaze at you to throw it again? (One of mine used to, and still runs for anything I throw, but has now lost the urge to return it, grrrr!)

Yes kitty brings the bird back, drops it and looks at you! I think tandoori chicken is the way to go on Saturday, yes.

Last edited:
indian..yummy.
Could you not have chicken saag? ask them to cook with without the oil?

Ooh yum! I can ask! - if I am actually being taken out!! My important delivery hasn't arrived yet - but apparently it will be very obvious what it is when it comes, so no B day surprise!

How exciting about your delivery, Mouse! You must let us know what it is when you finally find out! :-D

As for the kitten fetching thing, that is so cute. My cats tend to sit on anything that I've thrown for them to catch. When it's a ball, they tend to look like they've just laid an egg!

My OH isn't that good on surprises so I am probably getting overexcited:D I am hoping it is a hen house or even better an Eglu.

The cats are both asleep on my desk in my work boxes, basking in the sun - good job I don't need anything from the boxes at the moment!

noooo - swap the numbers round if its that bad, although working for me will make me 53 this year! lol

Back