M-Mouse's Droppings

If I bathed (ie wallowed in my own dirt!) before going to work, I'd go straight back to bed to zzzzzzzzzz... (Are you one of those people who go to work "dirty"? Surely not!!)

My OH has brought the telephone to me before when I've been in the shower - the "cold caller" was most surprised when I bellowed at him "je suis sous ma DOUCHE!"

I'm lucky enough to work from home so can have a morning bath if I wish. Although, depending on what work I have to do, I sometimes vary that with an afternoon or evening bath. :D

I'm old enough to remember when showers didn't exist here in the UK and we all had baths - some of my family had tin ones in front of the fire as they had no bathrooms. Even worse, most people only bathed once a week - and they even lived to tell the tale. ;)

Whilst I like to keep clean and certainly bath considerably more often than once a week, I do think that there is a bit of an unhealthy obsession with hygiene these days.

It's the same with washing hair. Many people would be horrified to learn that I only wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week. However, my hair is extremely dry and is curly, prone to frizzing. If I wash my hair more often than that, it gets into a terrible state and becomes even more unmanageable.

Having said that, come the horrible, sticky, sweaty hot weather, I practically live in the shower. I jump in there up to 5 or 6 times a day in order to cool down and freshen up. Even I will forgo my bath in favour of a shower on very hot days. :eek:

I dunno, what with all of these new-fangled inventions like showers and telephones and wheels and stuff! :eek:;)

I would have kicked my hubby if he'd brought me the phone whilst I was in my bath! That's "me" time and sacrosanct. I hope you bellowed suitably loudly at the cold caller.

I'm the same for hair washing - its a million miles long and takes forever to dry.

I can sympathise, jaqys. Mine can take several hours to dry. If I took the easy way out and used the hairdryer, I'd make my hair feel like straw and look like something out of a very scary horror film!

Check your library first Anja - ours lends ebooks that are not compatible with the Kindle (downloaded using Overdrive) which is why I got a Sony ereader.

Met Jo yesterday - much black coffee was consumed. Also felt privileged to meet Jo's lovely lovely Sister. Jo brought me some bottles of flavourings that she bought in France that she doesn't like - OMG they smell divine! I made my cake today using the butter caramel one and I just felt as though I was in heaven - it smelt like butterkist popcorn and tasted just as good. Yum - can't wait to taste the others. Thanks again Jo.

Hmm might try the butter caramel. I got orange and strawberry from the English DD shop. Orange is great, very strong so only a few drops needed. Strawberry tastes rather artificial so won't get again tho its ok in yogurt with splenda. Neither is sweet so you have to add sweetener.

Interested in what you say about kindle. I have the kindle software on my laptop, phone and iPad. Anything bought on one becomes available on the others, so I'm never without a book. Except in the bath, my favourite place for reading, so read mags there. With ipad you can also get the ibooks, many of which are free.
I bought my brother a Kindle for his birthday. He's pleased with it, but at present the books in French are a bit limited so he's having to read in English more.

Hmm might try the butter caramel. I got orange and strawberry from the English DD shop. Orange is great, very strong so only a few drops needed. Strawberry tastes rather artificial so won't get again tho its ok in yogurt with splenda. Neither is sweet so you have to add sweetener.

Interested in what you say about kindle. I have the kindle software on my laptop, phone and iPad. Anything bought on one becomes available on the others, so I'm never without a book. Except in the bath, my favourite place for reading, so read mags there. With ipad you can also get the ibooks, many of which are free.
I bought my brother a Kindle for his birthday. He's pleased with it, but at present the books in French are a bit limited so he's having to read in English more.

You know, it's a shame that we don't have a reviews section for Dukan official and Dukan-friendly products so that we can recommend any good ones (or warn to avoid any bad ones). I'm definitely starting to be tempted now as I love orange flavour!

As for the Kindle, I find the interface between different gadgets to be incredibly useful. It's wonderful to be able to switch on my phone when I'm unexpectedly at a loose end whilst on the move and be able to pick up reading from where I left off on my Kindle itself.

I believe that the same company who made the waterproof cover for Kindle which I use in the bath also make one suitable for iPads. Not sure whether the iPad might be a bit big and unwieldy for reading in the bath, though, as I've never seen one in the flesh (or rather plastic).

After reading lots of really bad reviews and knowing what Jo thought of them, I'd been put off trying any of those. Am very tempted now, Mousie! (But not the goat's cheese one.)

Goats's cheese not available yet in the UK :D
The caramel I really can't get enough of, so much so that not really tried the others yet!

Tempted to keep some of the chocolate one on my desk at work!

I believe that the same company who made the waterproof cover for Kindle which I use in the bath also make one suitable for iPads. Not sure whether the iPad might be a bit big and unwieldy for reading in the bath, though, as I've never seen one in the flesh (or rather plastic).

Thanks Dukandebut. Aqua pac not only have waterproof covers for iPads but also laptops! Nice utube pics of one being dropped safely in the swimming pool! Kindles are smaller and lighter than iPads and hold their charge longer. But you can't use for this site, read and play angry birds on the one item of equipment. Oh yes and write the odd paper for work.

Goats's cheese not available yet in the UK :D
The caramel I really can't get enough of, so much so that not really tried the others yet!

Tempted to keep some of the chocolate one on my desk at work!

I think I can somehow manage to survive without the goat's cheese one, Mouse. ;):D

Oh, that caramel, though...I'm now drooling. Would be lovely in Dukan muffins or just to make our own version of toffee yoghurt, I bet.

I can just picture you reaching over your desk at work every so often, checking to make sure that no one is watching, and then sniffing at your chocolate flavouring! :D

Thanks Dukandebut. Aqua pac not only have waterproof covers for iPads but also laptops! Nice utube pics of one being dropped safely in the swimming pool! Kindles are smaller and lighter than iPads and hold their charge longer. But you can't use for this site, read and play angry birds on the one item of equipment. Oh yes and write the odd paper for work.

I did try floating my Aquapac and it does really work - although I haven't been brave enough to do it with my Kindle actually inside. In fact, I'm still extremely careful with it whilst in the bath; it just gives me a bit of peace of mind in case my clumsiness gets the better of me.

Interesting that they do laptop waterproof covers. Useful for any very lucky people who have hot tubs in their garden (ahem...Mouse?) :D

Yes I would raher try it with a brick inside too! I used your link but then went on to the Aquapac own website, which is where the laptop one was. Also some really good waterproof rucsacs, great for swimming, sailing, canoeing, biking or camping holidays. I'll probably get one of their cheaper ones as it's nice to have dry clothes.

Well 'mother' hen was sat on it for ages but I stalked them when she went for water. Hope Mum's not too disappointed when she discovers it's a duck!

Attachments

• CHICK 004.jpg
    CHICK 004.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 21
  • CHICK 006.jpg
    CHICK 006.jpg
    501.7 KB · Views: 23
oooh how beautiful...

<note to self: find alternative to eating chicken!>

Back