M-Mouse's Droppings

Yes one last week - it is so frustrating when I haven't broken the rules once! In fact I was thinking the pother day, I ahven't tasted proper bread since September, when I did at one point have a sneaky cheese sandwhich!!
I am going to eat all the dark and cheesy stuff in the house before I go shopping again and then I will decide. I wonder if it is the low carb thing that isn't working for me, as I was starting to stall with Doodoo too.

Hang on a minute... didn't you lose last week????

Another thought - your menus look (to me) to be very low calorie. Have you put them into Myfitnesspal to see how many calories you're consuming? Could be your body is just hanging onto all.

I'm careful not to go too low...

Last edited:
Sorry youre stuck again. The dark and cheesy side is shifting for me but not at all time Dukan low yet so will see if it continues into new terratory next week.

There seem to be lots of different things which stall different people, gets confusing (cheese, cream, citric acid, aspartamine etc) what to kick off first.

How do you feel in yourself about your current weight?
Do you think you could maintain at a higher carb level for a few weeks then try again? Or is that too risky a headgame?

Hope this week things melt off so you can keep it up and reach goal.

Yes Jo I did lose but then failed to make that weight again all week, so I am sulking and not weighing in today, since I have done nothing to gain!

I think I have been having plenty of cals, I have been cutting back on cheese, not had cream cheese. I am trying cutting out teh pills this week as that is the only thing I can think of. I have even been weighing my veg and counting my carbs to within an inch of their lives:D

Today
b - sausages, bacon and scrambled eggs!
l - chicken and swede chips
d - chicken and butternut baked with goats cheese
s - atkins choc bar

Vicky's not well... she's gone home to nap on her sofa... :-(

I gained 1.2K this morning from last Friday's weight - particularly irritating as (i) I ate 100% Dukan this weekend, (ii) I made an effort to drink more, (iii) I did a 30 and 50 min walk in arctic temperatures.

Fortunately a Monday weigh in doesn't count... but I'll be hard pushed to get a loss by Friday :-(

Perhaps, after a while, our body says WHAAAAAAAHH! I'm hanging in there... perhaps a switch back to Dukan will see you off the plateau, to move back again (cos you lost initially on Atkins). A sort of "Mouse off fat / on fat" programme... (Not sure whether you've heard of the Juddddd diet - not sure how many d's, but an online friend did it very successfully... where you alternate higher and lower calorie days!).

Ok for stopping the pain meds but only if you're not going to be in pain! Else that's silly!

I think I am going to have to go back to Dukan - maybe tomorrow. I haven't done Atkins before but I do like the food!! poor Vick - I will text her to check she's ok.

send her my love... she did say she was going to sleep so text quietly lol!

I struggle to do anything quietly :) Noticed my legs this morning - wish I hadn't looked in the mirror. I hadn't realised how much excess skin I had there :-(

awh... yes we'll be crinkly skinny minnies... :)

At some point, we must decide between our faces and our tummies. While it's just a leg thing, mine are hidden most of the time!

<Bath?? Can't remember the last time I had one! poooo!

Yeah I agree Jo :) better to look good in ones clothes than to look bad both in AND out of them :)...

that's my motivation at the mo....besides which it's not like I was exactly flaunting myself in bathing costumes before the weight-loss so that will be nothing new :D

better to be fit and healthy and in nicely fitting clothes..than to be wrinkle free and wearing rent-a-tent :D xxx

I noticed my thighs in the bath :(... crimpoline inner thigh skin :(....fat loss equals crinkly legs :( I could've cried!! xx
yeah dont lie on the bed with your legs in the air you will cry :tear_drop:

alottolose - Have you ever heard of copper peptides for skin tightening? Although I haven't yet tried them on areas other than the bust, I've heard excellent reports regarding their ability to help tighten tummy, leg and arm skin from reliable people on a skincare forum which I trust.

Here's a link in case you're interested. It's a reliable site which I have used before with no problems at all. (I regularly buy their Protect & Restore Breast, Nipples & Decolleté Cream in an effort to try to keep my bust relatively firm, and it definitely seems to thicken and strengthen the skin.)

How to Tighten Loose Skin with Copper Peptides for Body, Neck and Stomach

Well after all yesterday's comparing of saggy bits, I have a conundrum this morning - what is my body telling me?

Yesterday I weighed in at 4 lbs heavier than the previous Monday despite having stuck to the rules. I wasn't going to somethingdeclare that if I hadn't been bad!

Anyway I ate as usual yesterday until the evening - I am going down with a cold and just felt like something..... something was a cracker and 3 digestives - and they certainly hit the spot. Weighed this morning, and I was over 3 lbs down on Monday mornng- now only just over a pound heavier than last week's wi. So, has my body been hanging onto something and is it telling me I need more carbs, so I should up it a bit? All thoughts greatfully received.

There are so many factors which can affect our weigh ins... that's it's impossible to say over just two...

Those digestives will have taken you out of ketosis though surely?

are your scales ok?.... mine has a wonky foot pad thing...(underneath little feet).... and if it comes slightly unstuck I can weigh nearly half a stone less/more :) worth checking!! xxx

Back