MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

mel it sounds like your going to need a holiday to get over you holiday, lol

I haven't got time to read it all now as I've just spent the last hour catching up on Shanny's diary which I also just found...but will catch up on yours soon.

Hi Alli -- It actually started out as thread "What I am doing instead of eating" -- and people started out posting but it died down. I realised that it had kind of turned into my diary (I was the only one posting except for Claire -- Summayah -- who has a diary), so I asked that it be moved to diaries section and kept posting.

I can't believe it took me so long to find it - the link in your signature should have been a clue alas my detecting skills are not what they ought to be for a policeman's daughter :eek::D

What DOES a Swedish policeman do? Doesn't Sweden have one of the lowest crime rates in the world? CSI Sweden -- would be like watching the Poker on tele: they would sit and play cards because there was nothing to investigate! ;)

Hope the rest of your holiday is great!

Thanks. I am less red this morning and lot less sore. However, I am putting on sun screen (eventhough, I do not expect a lot of exposure). I am a slow learner but pain is a good motivator.

Thanks for finding me. I hope you have a wonderful day at work. (How is the car?)

Mel

Morning Minz -- lol I feel very guilty because there is so much to see and do here (historical stuff, gardens, the zoo, etc.) and because DD is happiest when in water -- we've just lazed about and let her get wet!

Hi Claire,

I'll have to wait until after the wedding to rest -- because I arrive back on Good Friday and will have to shop for Easter dinner, buy and boil eggs, (I am sure do a lot of cleaning -- although, the boys will have tried, bless), decorate for Easter, and then havea few kids over on Saturday to color eggs and do a hunt (I am hoping I bought some pre-filled eggs). I think I did. I know I made up DD's basket before I left and have some things for DS's -- his is not assembled, yet.

Then, I'll have Easter Monday "off" to get DD's homework, school stuff, etc. sorted. Tuesday was a teacher day, then because of the wedding it became a school day -- but she has an ortho appt. So, I have to take her to that (and the ortho is a 30 min. drive one way), then school. Oh, and I am seeing my CDC first thing Tuesday (eeeekkk!).

Wednesday will be the usual "hamster wheel" stuff. Thursday is a big thing at DD's school for the wedding. Friday is the big thing in the village for the wedding (but I am still hoping for a last minute invite).

So, maybe I'll get some rest on the 30th! ;) That is is DH takes DD to the cinema or something.

I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday.

Mel

hey mel didnt realise your daughter saw ortho. does she have orthotics?

Hi hunni - so glad you're having a good time, even though it actually sounds exhausting!

:thankyou: for stopping by my diary even though you've been away! And I've taken your advice - I'm giving 810 a whirl.

So far... :cross: so good... :D

Hope you enjoy the rest of your time away!

Hi hunni - so glad you're having a good time, even though it actually sounds exhausting!

:thankyou: for stopping by my diary even though you've been away! And I've taken your advice - I'm giving 810 a whirl.

So far... :cross: so good... :D

Hope you enjoy the rest of your time away!
Mel see I tell you, you honestly you are one fantastic lady.. So supportive!

What I did yesterday and will be doing today instead of just eating...

Yesterday -- April 19th

My GBFF (best American friend from Germany) picked me up about 9 a.m. and we were off. We went to Cosi (a coffee shop whose speciality is square bagels -- cool looking things). GBFF had a bagel and coffee, I just had a coffee as I am trying to low carb (not successfully).

We were waiting for the James Avery jewellry store to open (it is a San Antonio thing). I was able to get a 2011 silver charm for my CFF (my Cheese Fiend Friend) who wanted one for her DD who is graduating in June. I also bought her a motarboard one (graduation cap). Her DD has a charm bracelet. I got myself a Texas charm for my bracelet, as well.

Then, we visited a shop called Charley's which my friend described as Claires on steroids (apt description). And, we then went to the downtown -- walked along the rieverwalk, had lunch a chinese place (not too bad, but I did a small portion of noodles). We took the river boat cruise -- and heard some history. Then, went to Alamo and saw the museum and gardens. On to the Mexican market. And, finally, the Witte Museum where we saw some of the dresses from previous Fiestas. I took some photos -- and I'll try to post tumbnails later.

When we got back, my other friend was one her way over with dinner she made a vegetarian curry -- fabulous (but I had some brown basmati rice and 1/2 a brown naan bread). My YS took all four kids to the pool and the BFFs met and chatted (felt as if they knew each other) -- then GBFF went home to hubby and UKBFF stayed and I read her Tarot Cards. I had done this last over 5 years ago in the UK.

Now, I have to get moving -- I made an appointment to have my teeth whitened using the Zoom method. Not cheap -- but supposedly good. However, I am not sure I am good candidate -- so we'll see if I get it done. I am seeing a dentist -- someone who knows whether or not it'll work well for me.

Got to go --

MinnieMel

@Claire --

Julianne is having orthodontia. She has wonky teeth. She does orthodics for her shoes -- but I need to have them remade as her feet have frown.

busy busy busy time for you mel :)

lol i see the word ortho and my mind goes to orthopedics, lol

Morning Mel,

Hope you are well, i'm guessing you'll be heading back soon so wanted to wish you & DD a good journey back to UK.

Your holiday sounds jampacked busy n great fun.
Hope the teeth thing went well!

Have a great day
xx

What I did yesterday and will be doing today instead of just eating...

April 20 and 21st --

Yesterday had my teeth Zoom whitened. It was weird process and my YS took before and after pictures and you can really see the difference.
It has caused some sensitivity (temporary) and you should not eat or drink anything "that would stain a white shirt" for three days afterwards. So, it is a great diet help!

After doing that, we went shopping (again!) and then back to the resort. My GFF came by with her son (who was my cub scout years ago, and my my DS's friend). He looks like himself only enlarged! He towers over his mum, as does my DS me. My UKBFF also came by with her kids and so the two BFFS met. They felt as if they knew each other - and it was very nice.

GBFF had to leave to take her son to work, so we said our good-byes and discussed meeting up a heck of a lot sooner -- we had not seen each other in about 7 years! (UKBFF I had not seen in nearly 5!)

After we cooked dinner for the kids, we took them down to the pool and sat with our feet in the saltwater hot tub. It was a nice relaxing (for us) last night in Texas. We did not see everything there was to see in San Antonio-- but thanks to GBFF I saw most of the "important" landmarks, and DD was happy to be with her friends.

It was really too hot to do a lot of things we had planned (sight-seeing, tourist-wise). Apparently, this 90 plus degrees weather is about 20 degrees F warmer than normal for this time of year. They are also having their worst drought since 1917. So, it has been hot and dusty.

Thursday the 21st -- I am completely packed and worried about my weight (how appropriate). The limitation of one checked bag per person makes for heavy suitcases. And, the carry-on plus accessory item (handbag, briefcase, etc.) cannot exceed your carry-on weight combined. So, I'll have the lightest carry-on as I have a briefcase thing that this netbook goes into... oh, that is my excuse for the excessive typos these past two weeks. I am not used to the keys being closer together. I cannot imagine how many mistakes I'd make on smartphone keyboard.

Re: Packing. I already have a bag of stuff that my sister will post to me. I am fortunate that I have an American Military address and only have to pay U.S. Postage to New York. I'll ask that she mail them SAM (Space Available Mail) and Media rate (some of the things are books people gave me). They'll take longer to get there -- but it costs a lot less.

It might have been less expensive to pay for an extra checked bag (I think it is $50.00) but then I'd have to manage the extra suitcase on Hoppa going from Heathrow to Hotel. And, I have some Tylenol PM for the flight and hope to sleep, but I expect to be tired on the other end of this journey.

What is nice is that my sister will be with me at check-in and if the bags miss the weight, I have bags to pull out and lighten the load. She'll just post those, too.
Part of our problem is that we packed for the "normal" weather (cardis, long trousers, etc), and for the fabulous summer weather we had.

As our flight does not take off until 4:30 -- we are planning to go out for lunch, then probably head to airport. I was unable to check in on-line (probably because it is an international final destination and our passports will need to be checked), so I want to be extra early, if possible.

I also might be able to get my sister to take me get some boxes and packing tape -- and then I can pack the stuff and post it before I leave. She says she does mind doing it and I know she will: I just hate imposing.

Oh well, back to the UK in about 30 or so hours (and some diet rehab). It is time to check out, so I will need to log off and pack this up.

MinnieMel

Last edited:
aww mel, sounds like youve all had a fabulous time, hope the journey home goes smoothly hun

Your holiday sounded so lovely - hope the trip home is a smooth one and you're dazzling everyone with your zoomed knashers LOL (had mine done years ago in NY and you feel great after it don't you - even with the white food diet for 3 days). xx

Am I the first to welcome you home Mel? Sounds like you had a great trip! Is your smile like this now :D? x

Hey Mel, welcome back, hope the journey went well for you both and didn't get too much hassle with the luggage.
I imagine you are running around doing a billion things today,hope you all need to do done.
Wishing you a lovely Easter weekend hun!
xx

Ooh, there's a MinnieMel lurking - I can see you're here... :D

Welcome home hunni!

What I was doing yesterday and today instead of just eating...

Yesterday (Friday April 22, 2011)

Arrived back in the UK after a very smooth flight; as my connection in Detroit was very tight (I literally ran from the arrival gate to departure gate as they were boarding the flight to the UK) -- my luggage barely made the connection. So, SCORE! Our bags were the first off. We were out of Heathrow and on the Hoppa in record time. The driver could not have been nicer -- he helped get my bags on and off -- and DD and I towed them straight through the hotel lobby and I pulled the car and loaded with ease. But, by time I drove home -- I was ready for nap.

I took a three hour nap, then DH came home from work and we got caught up. And, then more sleep. However I was awake in the wee hours and called my sister back in Texas.

Saturday, April 23rd

I have been very sluggish today. I am planning to get DD's Easter Basket set out and try to go to bed soon. I'll take some melatonin and try to fix my sleep cycle.

So, not a lot accomplished today. All suitcases are unpacked and some of the stuff put away. A friend dropped by and we got caught up. Another phoned and we got a bit caught up. And, DD coloured Easter Eggs with a friend.

DH went to the shop and took out some beef to thaw for dinner tomorrow -- so, I'll be back on duty. He managed all the meals today (or the kids managed for themselves).

I am going to check the diaries -- and then see about dealing with the jetlag.

MinnieMel

Nice to have you home safe and sound Ying. Hope that the pesky jet lag leaves you soon.

Enjoy a lovely Easter day today xx

Back