MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

Yesterday (Friday April 22, 2011)

Arrived back in the UK after a very smooth flight; as my connection in Detroit was very tight (I literally ran from the arrival gate to departure gate as they were boarding the flight to the UK) -- my luggage barely made the connection. So, SCORE! Our bags were the first off. We were out of Heathrow and on the Hoppa in record time. The driver could not have been nicer -- he helped get my bags on and off -- and DD and I towed them straight through the hotel lobby and I pulled the car and loaded with ease. But, by time I drove home -- I was ready for nap.

I took a three hour nap, then DH came home from work and we got caught up. And, then more sleep. However I was awake in the wee hours and called my sister back in Texas.

Saturday, April 23rd

I have been very sluggish today. I am planning to get DD's Easter Basket set out and try to go to bed soon. I'll take some melatonin and try to fix my sleep cycle.

So, not a lot accomplished today. All suitcases are unpacked and some of the stuff put away. A friend dropped by and we got caught up. Another phoned and we got a bit caught up. And, DD coloured Easter Eggs with a friend.

DH went to the shop and took out some beef to thaw for dinner tomorrow -- so, I'll be back on duty. He managed all the meals today (or the kids managed for themselves).

I am going to check the diaries -- and then see about dealing with the jetlag.

MinnieMel

Nice to have you back Mel!! I hope the jetlag won't be too bad. You are good having unpacked so promptly - I'm rubbish at that and end up leaving the half unpacked suitcases in the kitchen for days after I return...

Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend!

Happy Easter Mel, hope you feel back to normal soon!
xx

Welcome home Mel - you're so good at updates, it's hardly seemed like you were away at all. Happy Easter. xx

Good luck with that jetlag, I know what a nightmare it was when I came back from Thailand! Still, it was better than I thought it would be to be honest, think I managed to beat it mostly because of my sleep pattern the night before the flight and on the flight so I managed to stay awake until UK bedtime. But I think it's probably easier to stay awake than it is to get to sleep earlier than your body thinks it should. Hope you feel back to normal in the next couple of days!

Happy Easter!

Quiet Day. We considered a day out at an English Heritage property, but then opted to just stay home. DD was invited to the cinema with a friend in the afternoon (they appropriately saw hop!) and DH, DS and I did a few things around the house before fixing a family meal. (810 friendly)

It seems very warm here -- which is weird after being in Texas, but everything there is air conditioned. I hope the good weather holds for the wedding later this week.

Jet lag is improving, now I need motivation.

MinnieMel

welcome home mel, glad you and your daughter made your connections and home safe

happy easter!

Monday, April 25th

Lazy day.

Sunny here today -- but a bit breezy. I did a long-ish dog walk with my DD's pooch and am going to take her and her BFF bowling. It is nice out, but I think they would enjoy playing a couple of games and having dinner at the Bowling Centre.

Just catching up with your holiday fun MM! Glad you are home safe and survived the easter weekend, hope that jetlag is all gone now.

xxx

Howdee Mel, how are you feeling now? It took Jess over a week to start feeling human again........I'm guessing that, as a seasoned traveller, you are as fit as a flea???

Hope you are well hun xx

What I did today instead of just eating...

OMG -- I just saw the most humungous spider and I couldn't get it... and it went under a chair in the lounge. I got out the Dyson and moved the chair, but it must be hiding. Now, I am waiting for it resurface, so I can suck it up (literally).

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I got up with DD who was supposed to be picked up for school at 7:55. At 8:00 I called the taxi driver -- he had forgotten the schedule was changed when Wills and Kate announced their date! So, since DD had an ortho appt. in late morning, I told him to just head out and get the other kids and I would drop her after the appt. (I was going to have her go to school for an hour, then pick her up for her appt. but if I took her or he did -- she was going to be late along with the other kids. Since they all live close together if he went to get them, they might not have been late.)

Anyway, I took her to her appt. and it went well. Then, I took her to McD's for lunch and on to school. I spoke with the deputy head about the Year End Trip, etc. -- then dropped by friend's for cuppa. I then went home to wait for DD to come home from school, and we ran a couple of errands.

Tomorrow I'll need to get a boatload of chores done, and try to do some planned fitness (as I have not this week). My friends from Germany are coming to dinner on Thursday -- so, I really need to get a lot of cleaning done (the boys did the minimum -- no piles of dishes -- but also no vaccuming, dusting, scrubbing, mopping, etc.).

Foodwise -- I am trying to be very good with the CD810. I have not weighed since before I left, and won't until Tuesday (unless I go to an RC Class this weekend). I also need to make sure I drink my water.

Morning Mel ain't u strong for not checking your scales.. Fair play to ya.!

Hope your enjoying the 810 chick.
Have a good day x

back to being busy as ever i see mel!

hope your getting that water down

What I did today instead of just eating...

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Today, I tried to get going on my sorting, cleaning, etc. I did a "27 Fling" -- which is when you grab a bin bag and start tossing stuff into it. I managed to fill a bin bag (mostly by tossing things from the garden: old dog toys, broken solar lights, etc.).

Then, I went through a clothes rack and removed 5 items. As I put away laundry I decided to add a pair of my trousers to the other clothes (as they are faded and a bit too big).

As I was moving on to my housework the friend I dropped in on yesterday, dropped by here. So, I did not get my chores done before DD and DH came home. So, after cooking dinner and sitting with family whilst they ate (I had a MAM) and clearing up and doing the dishes, I have moved onto the fluffing and folding laundry as I type this, text with my sister in Texas and watch "Bones".

I plan on cleaning downstairs loo and kitchen counters and floor first thing tomorrow. Then, I'll have to do the livingroom, hallway and diningroom. I have to leave here at noon to pick up a friend to go to DD's school for the Royal Wedding BBQ.

I have some calls to make tomorrow morning, too. I feel so far behind that I have thought very little about eating... I guess going on holiday and coming home to have to catch up is a good diet plan.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Today, I tried to get going on my sorting, cleaning, etc. I did a "27 Fling" -- which is when you grab a bin bag and start tossing stuff into it. I managed to fill a bin bag (mostly by tossing things from the garden: old dog toys, broken solar lights, etc.).

Then, I went through a clothes rack and removed 5 items. As I put away laundry I decided to add a pair of my trousers to the other clothes (as they are faded and a bit too big).

As I was moving on to my housework the friend I dropped in on yesterday, dropped by here. So, I did not get my chores done before DD and DH came home. So, after cooking dinner and sitting with family whilst they ate (I had a MAM) and clearing up and doing the dishes, I have moved onto the fluffing and folding laundry as I type this, text with my sister in Texas and watch "Bones".

I plan on cleaning downstairs loo and kitchen counters and floor first thing tomorrow. Then, I'll have to do the livingroom, hallway and diningroom. I have to leave here at noon to pick up a friend to go to DD's school for the Royal Wedding BBQ.

I have some calls to make tomorrow morning, too. I feel so far behind that I have thought very little about eating... I guess going on holiday and coming home to have to catch up is a good diet plan.

You're not a "FlyLady" are you ;)

herewego said:

LOL - oh, for even half of your energy, Mel. I'm exhausted just reading your diary. :D

@Alli --

"I am not trying to catch up, I'm just jumping in where I am."

I aspire to being a Flylady... someone told me about the website a few years ago -- and I have tried to adapt the "programme" to my own life in a fashion similar to how I've adapted CD and South Beach.

BTW, DH has lost nearly 40 pounds. At a work meeting the other day a co-worker, who'd not seen in several weeks, shouted across the room, "Mr. X you are looking might fine these days!" Then several of the people asked him why and how he had lost weight. Very typical of DH he said, "I thought I was overweight, so I decided to lose some. I am still classed as overweight." (His bmi is about 26.)

Note: My father is morbidly obese (and it is not in his genes -- both of his parents were slim and he was a tremendous athlete in his youth), and he is a hoarder. He could easliy be on a reality show about fat people and/or one about hoarders. (I am sure there is a emotional/mental link between hoarding and being overweight.)

So, I am constantly struggling with my issues regarding over/emotional/reward/comfort eating and hoarding (i.e. someone might need this; it has sentimental value; I am going to use this; make this, as soon as I get rid o it I'll need it, etc.) I have even bought two of Peter Walsh's books on decluttering.

Anyway, I'll update on another post -- this one is getting long.

What I was (and will be) doing today instead of eating.

OMG - lost my long post... oh well,

Nearly 30 years ago I got up to watch Di and Charles in my apartment in Florida. Today, I woke up in England and watched with my own DD. She was waiting for the dress. She gave it her seal of approval.

We live across the street from a lovely Village Church that is in the Domesday Book. Whenever there is a wedding, she sits outside on our wall and patiently waits for the bride to emerge in her dress. Although, she says she wants to own and operate a posh holiday kennel, spa, grooming parlor and training centre for dogs only -- I think she could very easily end up designing bridal wear.

Our lounge was very tidy this morning, as I had done my best to make the house presentable for our friends. But, I started back on my spring cleaning/decluttering/clearing and have made a huge mess. However, once I finish with this room (for the moment), I am sure I will have downsized a bit (so it's all good). I will make a note on what I need to address the next time I "hit" this room and move on to some projects that have deadlines approaching, and so forth.

Dinner is thawing -- as I am scouring the freezers and cupboards trying to slim my food stores. I would like to clear and throughly clean the small and large fridges and chest freezer by June. So, we'll use what we have and shop very little.

Well, time to scan the diaries and then back to work.

Back