Miss Kassy Getting Sassy (Re-Start)

I love Zumba. I've cancelled the gym because it was taking me half an hour to get there. I have so many DVDs and exercise equipment at home that I can use those and still get a good workout. Probably like everyone else it's a case of getting up and doing them instead of pushing it to the bottom of the to do list. I pay my sw money in advance so will carry on with this and hope the extra exercise gives my losses a boost :)

Hi everyone

Hope you've all had a good day. I've had a crazy 24 hours, will fill you in when I have a bit more time, but just wanted to check in with you and let you know i'm 4 days into Dukan and have lost 6lbs now! Woo Hoo! I have to admit, it is hard but the results are amazing. I'll keep you updated.

Stacy - glad your papa is well and coming out of hospital, you must all be so pleased.

shelski - hope you're enjoying the Zumba.

Kassy - sounds like you had a great weekend and the cats are soooo cute!

Right, am off to bed...sooooo tired! Catch up with you all tomorrow xxx

Thanks everyone. Papa got home this afternoon. He sat outside for a little while, but he's still very tired. His legs and feet are very swollen, so we're making sure he sits with his feet up as much as possible to try and help this, cos he can't get his shoes on! He's currently sitting catching up on his soaps! lol :) Everyone is very happy to have him home.

Kassy - I have a dog called Rocky. He's 10 this year, and he's a cross collie terrier. Here's a pic of him:

Rocky.jpg

I don't know why that picture came out so big! I don't know how to make them any smaller? He's got diabetes - the pic was taken when he was a bit chubbier! lol He lost quite a bit of weight when he was diagnosed, because he can't get any treats - apart from carrot! And we need to give him insulin injections twice a day! Funniest thing was probably when we first got him and brought him home - he was so excited sliding about the laminate flooring and ran straight into the patio door when he was trying to get outside :D Kassy, your cats are lovely! :)

Shelski - well done on losing half a pound - even better when you thought you were going to sts! :) Good luck with Zumba! We have Zumba for Wii but still haven't tried it yet, so will need to do that soon!

Bella - That's amazing!!! Maybe I will have to look into this Dukan diet and try it for myself!

I really need to pull my finger out! Starting tomorrow! I have felt so fat and sweaty and horrible and just plain old miserable today! It's been really hot up here, and it's to be the same tomorrow so I know I'll feel the same :cry: I'm actually going to try and get out on my bike tomorrow. We've got some family coming over to see my papa and have lunch with us though, so it will most likely be the afternoon, but I will make it happen!

Also, on another topic, I hate this new pill that the nurse put me on :( Cerazette. I'm on week 5 of taking it, and today started my totm - but I don't like the whole not knowing when it's coming! With my last pill, I knew when it was gonna come and that was fine, but I hate this! Plus since about week 2 I've constantly had back pain, and have been very bloated and uncomfortable :( So now I want to lose weight even more so they can put my back on my old pill!

Anyhoo enough of my moaning! :D Hope everyone has had a great day and hoping for a good day for you all tomorrow! xxx

Wow well done Bella that is great you must feel really motivated when you see resuts like that on the scales :D x

Stacy so glad your Papa is back at home and your dog is lovely, unfortunatly had to have ours put to sleep last year he was 16, we had him for 15 years as he was a rescue dog. Do miss him & the walks. x

Miss Kassy I am doing wwpp on line have done sw in past and lost weight but having put most of it back on again! thought would have a change. x

Shelski do you go to a Zumba group I have got the wi game so I do it (not very well:D) in the privacy of my front room! x

Morning Girls

My god Bella thats out of this world!!!!!!! It must wrk really well. Do you find you are hungry with it? Will you write us down a bit of a meal plan to follow as I have no idea what to have? Is it pretty much just low carb and high protien? I think I'll give it a whirl 2-3 weeks before I go on holiday. I dont think I could do it any longer than that haha and it might give me a little weight loss boost before I go as I know mine is starting to slow down again (which it does - hits that plateu thingy - or however you spell it haha).

Stacy how cute is your dod. aaawwwww. Poor little thing having his injections. And to imagine - if a carrot were your only treat. Bless him. Yes, we'll help you get your finger out me dear. It is hard but just take each day at a time and havve plnty of healthy nibbles on standby and whenever you feel even a little bit peckish have fruit - thats what I do.

I aint been to the gym since last Thursday (but I did go Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs last week) but am going back tonight and am gonna try and squeeze in 4 sessions by sunday, even if its just for 45 min. Am pretty busy this week though so its gonna be a toughie.

Has anyone heard from the Diva? Come on Mrs, get your but back here!!!! haha.

Well girles, I better get back to work but keep up the good work and the zumba and the calorie counting and the fat watching and the walking and the running away from chocky and the low carbing hehehehe. WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mwah xxx

thanks, Kassy! I'm so happy with the results, but this diet is very bitter-sweet. It's great coz of the amount of pounds I'm losing but I'm finding it difficult sticking to such bland food, and never thought Id' say this but I'm actually craving fruit and veg (and chocolate, but that goes without saying!). Because it's mainly protein I'm eating, it acts as an appetite suprresant so I don't feel hungry but day 5 into it, I really wasn't enjoying my chicken at lunch time today and would have happily swapped it for Maccy D's if I had the chance!

Typical day includes:
Breakfast Options:
Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (fruit yog not allowed) with 1 1/2 tablespoons oats
Scrambled egg

Lunch:
Slices of ham/chicken/beef with cottage cheese and boiled eggs

Dinner:
Grilled/Oven cooked chicken with mixed herbs and garlic salt
Chicken breast stuffed with philli cheese and bacon
Both served with Cottage cheese.
Omelete with onions

As you can see it's very boring and tastless. You also NEED to have 2 litres of water a day and only allowed a max of 4 egg yolks a week so if you do omeletes, I tend to have 1 yolk but 2 egg whites. It's not much food but it does fill you up! xx

Meant to say, u can also drink diet coke, tea and coffee, but only with skim milk and sweetner, and can also have sugar free gum! Xx

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using MiniMins

Sorry Bella but you obviously have a lot more willpower than me. Fab results though, you'll be skinny in no time.

Day 2 of Zumba done and I'm aching. Going to jump into a hot shower. Diet going well and kids not killing each other yet. Have a good day everyone xx

Bella, j was reading up on Dukan lastnight and I think I'm going to give it a go. I've ordered the book from Amazon so will make a start once it comes! It seems to be giving really good results! :) xx

Been out in the garden all morning-still am! Had my cousin out for a visit-she's 2 1/2 and just the cutest!! But my older cousin (her mum) was telling me to get my bikini top on-I had to tell her that I don't "do" bikini tops now and havent since I was like 15! If only :( xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
That's great Stacy. Good luck. Let me know when you start it. I'm on day 5 now and am seriously craving lasagne for some strange reason! lol I'm fed up of chicken now and could easilly eat a massive bar of diary milk too.....don't let that put you off now! lol I'm just finding food boring now so brace yourself! I think it's great for a quick loss or to kick start you back into dieting, but it does make you realise what you normally eat! I'm going to weigh myself again in the morning so will update you. xxXXxx

I will keep you updated Bella! Hoping I'll get the book by the weekend, so I can do my food shopping by then and get started. I've been eating far too much today and drinking far too little water. I actually felt a little sick earlier because I had been sitting out in the sun all day and hadn't drank anything! I'm feeling very bloated tonight - so bloated that I'm worried if I'll be able to get my work trousers on tomorrow! :cry:

Hope your weigh-in tomorrow goes well! :) xx

Sounds like you're having great weather. It's muggy here but cloudy! :-( I've noticed my work trousers are feeling lighter today so hopefully after a few days of Dukan you'll be ok. You might even find they fit ok and you were worrying for nothing!

Yeah it's been lovely here the past few days!

Well got my work trousers on-but can't get the top button done and they feel a bit tight :(

Hope everyone has a good day :) xxx

Drink lots of water Stacy to flush yourself out! Well the sun's shining today so very happy, just hope it lasts. Weighed myself this morning and lost 1 more pound so that's 7 in 6 days! Not bad, not bad! Want to get to 8 by Saturday! Xx

Bella30 said:
Drink lots of water Stacy to flush yourself out! Well the sun's shining today so very happy, just hope it lasts. Weighed myself this morning and lost 1 more pound so that's 7 in 6 days! Not bad, not bad! Want to get to 8 by Saturday! Xx

Wow well done Bella! Great stuff!!

I've got my big bottle of water at work with me today, so that shouldn't be a problem :) xxx

My lord bella - thats half a stone. Thats awsome!!!! I'll defo do it a few weeks before me holls but its pointless me doing it now as I'll probally put it back on once I start eating carbs. I live off carbs you see. But I recon I could manage 2 weeks. I may get the book too. I'm such a foodie though ad the limited food will do my head in haha. I wonder if there is a dukan recepie book out there - mix it up a bit.

Yeah Stacey, keep downing that water. It'll mke you loads better. I'm a bugger for not drinking enough fluids. A normal day for me i 2 medium size glasses of juice and a small bottle of water. I have always been the same. Just not a thirsty person but I'm gonna have to start forcing it down me.

Gud going on the Zumba - no pin no gain as they say. Keep us posted as to what results you see.

Well, I had cheap noodles and WW chips last nght so not too bad (carb-aholic me though haha) then done a good hour in the gym. Every day for the past 2 weeks I think I have been averaging around the 1300 calorie mark and about 20-30 grams of fat (if that) so I think I'm doing canny but my body is getting soooo used to ths regieme, I ned to trick it into losing weight properly again. Do you think slimming world for a few weeks will help? Any other suggestins? Like I said, I am keeping the Dukan diet free for 2 weeks before me hollys. I go 8 weeks tomorow, so could do with a new diet for 6 weeks before I do dukan. What to do what to do??????

Tell you what I am hating at the mo - the fact I am losing weight = great, but the fact I am getting left with spaniels ears as boobs and a mega saggy kangeroo pouch. The more I lose the worse my hangy bits seem to get. The Adonis says I just need to give my body time to catch up with the weight loss. I hope he's right. I swear, when am naked, me boobs are almost to the top of me waist and me kangeroo pouch looks like one of those bum bags tourists wear!!! I get frustrated coz if I didnt put the weight on in the first place I would be spot on figure wise. Grrrrrrrrrr. Supose, I should be proud and I look ok in clothes. Every cloud ehy! hahahaha.

Well girles, hope you all have a good day diet wise. Positive thinking!!!! and speak to you all soon xxxxxxxxxx

Keep going with the exercise and the pouch should get smaller. Have you tried using a body firming moisturiser or oil? Some people swear by that. Don't know whether the boobs will get any better though.
It's something I'm worried about too although there's too much fat still there to tell yet. Still got another 3 stone to go yet- hate being under 5 feet tall Grrr.
The slimming world is good for me. My body needed a change from fannying around with ww on and off for years but I'm not losing as quickly as others. I like it because i' m cooking more and the kids are eating what I am which makes it healthier for them. Less processed food but more time consuming. Changing it up could be good and with the ee or green plan you could still have your carbs.

thanks girls, I'm very happy but I know I won't be able to manage it for more than a week because I'm fed up of eating protein now. I guess the one good thing that's come from it (other than the weight loss) is I haven't eaten chocolate since last Friday, and that is SO good for me! I have a family party to go to on Sunday and it's a buffet so going to try and stick to low carbs, although I know I won't be able to resist completely, but from next week, I'm going to start bringing carbs back in slowly...don't want to undo all the hard work from this week. If anything, it's kicked my mind back into wanting to lose weight again which is what I needed and has got me off the binging so hopefully I'll be ok...only time will tell! xx

Wow Bella half a stone in 6 days that is fantastic, I wish I had the same will power as you but I know come the evening I would be eating every thing in sight if I had not had my fill of carbs!
It has been lovely down here today so have been doing the garden, back to work tomorrow:mad:

Back