My very own food diary...the 'will succeed' challenge!

Day 18:

Breakfast: was in a rush this morning! 1 x Hi-fi luscious lemon bar (HEb), 1 banana (SuperFree!) and 1 glass of semi-skimmed milk (HEa)

Lunch: homemade superfree soup - carrots, brocolli, cauliflower, leeks, celery (all SuperFree!) and stock cube (Free!), followed by 1 banana, 1 pear and 1 kiwi fruit (all SuperFree!), and 1 slice of hommeade scan bran chocolate cake (1 syn).

Dinner: Curry (SW recipe!) - chicken, curry powders (Free!), tomato passata, mushrooms, peppers, onions (all SuperFree!), low fat natural yogurt (Free!), with boiled rice (Free!) and homemade (SW recipe) onion bahjiis (no syns!!) - made with onions (SuperFree!), mashed potato, egg, curry powder (all Free!)

Other drinks - tea (with a dash of milk (from HEa allowance)!!), diet coke...all Free!

Total Syns: 1 (went deliberately easy on the syns having maxed out the previous few days!)

Day 19:

Breakfast: fruit n fibre cereal (HEb), low fat natural yogurt (Free!), melon (SuperFree!)

Lunch: made before I went to work to take with me!!...pasta, tuna, egg (all Free!), with carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes (all SuperFree!), followed by 2 plums and 1 apple (all SuperFree!) and a Hi-fi cheeky chocolate and orange bar (6 syns)

Dinner: OH took me to Nando's tonight as a treat for sticking to the plan (isn't he great!) and to give me a night off cooking! (maybe he's sick of slimming world food?!!) - still stuck within my syn allowance though!! 1/2 peri-peri grilled chicken (6 syns), small spicy rice (2.5 syns), corn on the cob (Free!), marinade (1 tbsp = 1/2 syn) - I know technically haven't had SuperFree...but have eaten within limit on this one occasion!!

Other drinks - tea (with a dash of milk (from HEa allowance)!!), diet coke...all Free! and about to have a glass of milk to use up the rest of my HEa allowance.

Total Syns: 15 (went out, had fun, and still kept in my syns! just takes careful syn planning before going and steely determination to say 'no' to fries!!)

Last edited:
Day 20:

Breakfast: 5 x scan bran (HEb), low fat natural yogurt (Free!), melon and kiwi (SuperFree!)

Lunch: pasta, tuna, egg (all Free!), cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, beetroot, (all SuperFree!), followed by one pear and one banana (both SuperFree!). 1 hi-fi luscious lemon (5.5 syns)

Dinner: SW recipe spinach and mushroom cannelloni - cannelloni, garlic, low fat cottage cheese (all free!), tomato passata, mushrooms, spinach, onions, red pepper (all SuperFree!), with lettuce, cucumber and carrots (all SuperFree!), cheese topping using HEa allowance.

Other drinks - tea (without milk), diet coke...all Free!

Total Syns: 5.5

Weigh in number 3 tomorrow...really, really hoping for a good result to keep me motivated!

Day 21:

Breakfast: Ready Brek 30g (tesco own version) (5.5 syns), Skimmed Milk (HEa), 2 level tsp sugar (2 syns), 1 x banana (SuperFree!)

Lunch: using some cannelloni filling leftovers from the night before! - pasta, garlic, cottage cheese, egg (all Free!), spinach, peppers, mushrooms (all SuperFree!), 1 x banana, 2 x plums (all SuperFree!), and a Cheeky Chocolate and Orange Hi-Fi bar (HEb)

Dinner: Chicken (Free!) with couscous (Free!) and veg - carrots, cauliflower and broccoli (SuperFree!), sweetcorn (Free!) and a sauce made with low fat natural yogurt (Free!) and sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns)

Weigh in number 3 tonight...and I lost 2.5 pounds this week!! So treated myself to a hi-fi light bar (rock and roll!) (3 syns)

Total Syns: 11

Day 22:

Planned flexi-syn day because celebrating my OH's 30th birthday with friends in the evening! Set myself a 50 syn limit...and I kept under it too :D

Breakfast: Ready Brek 30g (tesco own version) (5.5 syns), Skimmed Milk (HEa), 2 level tsp sugar (2 syns), 1 x banana (SuperFree!), melon (SuperFree!)

Lunch: given I knew I would be synning badly in the evening I wanted to make sure I got a good daily dose of SuperFree! So I made SuperFree speedy soup at home using celery, leeks, carrots, beetroot, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach (all SuperFree!), sweetcorn (Free!) and a stock cube (Free!) and it was yummy! Ate it with 4 scan bran (4 syns), low fat cottage cheese (Free!), 1 banana, 2 plums (all SuperFree!) and Hi-Fi cheeky chocolate and orange bar (6 syns)

Dinner: went to the local pub (nice pub! good home cooked food!) - had a steak without fat (Free!), tomatoes (SuperFree!), mushrooms (SuperFree!), jacket potato without butter (Free!) - so far, so good! Followed by chocolate sponge cake with ice-cream. I can't work out precisely how many syns it was but it wasn't as bad as a Wetherspoons Choc Fudge Cake...looking online I'm basing it on approx 28-30syns!! (It wasn't worth that many syns tbh!!). Also resisted the wine but had 3 25ml shots of malibu and diet coke mixer (7.5 syns)

Flexi Day Total Syns: just under 50! (limit was 50!)

Day 23:
back on plan!

Breakfast: Melon (lots!) (SuperFree!), fat free natural yogurt (Free!)

Lunch: birthday lunch gathering at parent's house but picked good options!! salad - lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, onions, cucumber (all SuperFree!), pasta, rice, potatoes, tuna, chicken ham (all Free!), beetroot salad (0.5 syns), 1 mini sausage roll (2.5 syns - not worth it!). Skipped on birthday cake which would have been 30syns for a thimble sized slice! and skipped cheesecake which was even worse! Went for a fruit tart which I thought was 6 syns...turns out it was 12 syns! Very nice though!! Also had some pineapple slices (SuperFree!)

Dinner: homemade chinese chicken and sweetcorn soup - chicken, sweetcorn, egg, stock (all SuperFree!), 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HEb), followed straight after by loads of melon (SuperFree!)

Other drinks - tea (with milk using up my HEa option), diet coke...all Free!

Total Syns: 15

Day 24:

Breakfast: Sunday morning fry up the SW way! bacon without the fat, baked beans and 1 egg (all Free!), mushrooms and tomatoes (both SuperFree!), 1 and a half sausages (6 syns)

Lunch: salad - lettuce, carrots, cucumber (all SuperFree!) with pasta, tuna and sweetcorn (Free!)

Dinner: Sunday dinner the SW way! roast parsnips and roast potatoes (done in fry light) (Free!), chicken (Free!), broccoli, swede and carrots (all SuperFree!), tiny bit of gravy (2 syns). Followed by half a small fruit tart thing! only half as I didn't have the syn allowance for a full size one! (7 syns)

Other drinks - tea (with milk using up my HEa option), diet coke...all Free!

Day 25:

Breakfast: Fruit n Fibre Cereal (HEb), loads of melon and pears (SuperFree!), low fat natural yogurt (Free!)

Lunch: sunday dinner leftovers!! - chicken, potatoes and peas (all Free!), carrots, broccoli and cauliflower (all SuperFree!), with a tiny, tiny bit of gravy (0.5 syns), followed by 2 plums, 1 pear (all SuperFree!) and a hi-fi luscious lemon bar (5.5 syns)

Dinner: Homemade SW curry - chicken and curry powder bits (Free!), onions, peppers, tomato passata (all SuperFree!), with rice (Free!). And half a fruit tart (7 syns).

Other drinks - tea (with milk using up my HEa option), diet coke...all Free! And about to have a glass of milk to use up the rest of my HEa allowance.

Total Syns: 13

Day 26:

Breakfast: Fruit n Fibre Cereal (HEb), apple and banana (SuperFree!), low fat natural yogurt (Free!)

Lunch: homemade soup/stew - it started off as soup but ended up as a stew - anyway, full of goodness - chicken, stock cube, splash of worcestershire sauce (all Free!), leeks, tomatoes and courgettes (all SuperFree!), 2 small slices of wholemeal bread (6 syns), 1 pear, 1 banana and 2 kiwis (all SuperFree!), a small WeightWatchers Vanilla Yogurt (Free!), and an Alpen Light Chocolate Orange bar (3 syns).

Dinner: Pasta (Canelloni tubes) (Free!), stuffed with lean mince beef (Free!), mushrooms, onions, tomato passata, broccoli, carrots (all SuperFree!), a small WeightWatcher Toffee yogurt (Free!)

Other drinks - tea (with milk using up my HEa option), diet coke, about to have a glass of milk to use up the rest of my HEa allowance, and this morning I had a hot chocolate using a WeightWatchers Hot Choc sachet (2 syns) (actually quite nice!)

Total Syns: 11

OK...it's been a while since I completed this cos I've been away...so here's a few days worth of entries!

Day 27:

Breakfast: Fruit n Fibre Cereal (HEb), apple and banana (SuperFree!), low fat natural yogurt (Free!)

Lunch: leftovers from dinner the night before! - pasta (cannelloni tubes) (Free!), lean mince beef (Free!), onions, mushrooms, tomato passata (all SuperFree)!, one fat free WW yogurt (vanilla) (Free!), Alpen Light bar (3 syns), 1 pear and 1 banana (SuperFree!)

Dinner: boiled rice (Free!) and chicken in black bean sauce (6 syns), a small WeightWatcher Toffee yogurt (Free!), 1 banana (SuperFree!)

Other drinks - tea (with milk using up my HEa option), one glass of milk (using rest of HEa), diet coke, also had two WW hot chocolate sachets today (4 syns)

Total Syns: 13

**Weighed in a day early - scales at home showed another 2 lbs off! :) **

---------------------------------------------------

Day 28: - FLEXI SYNS DAY!!

Breakfast: hi fi luscious lemon bar (HEb)

Lunch: my OH's birthday treat: Frankie & Benny's - hard to know exactly how many syns as not on SW website or on minimins - but had mozzarella and tomato salad for starter (so a bit of SuperFree! and my HEa option - it had 3 small dough balls with it which would have to be synned). Followed by BBQ chicken wrap with a jacket potato (no butter) - (the tortilla wrap and barbecue sauce would obviously have syns in but also full with peppers, lettuce and onions for SuperFree! and a Free jacket potato). Didn't have dessert myself but had about 5 spoons of my OH's pudding - choc brownie and ice cream - obviously a few syns!

Dinner: we were staying in a s****y hotel for my OH's birthday so had to eat well :D !! Went for a homemade burger (it was lean meat...I asked), with onions, salad (no dressing) - had a bread roll which would be synned and a few chunky chips! (can't tell you how nice they were - and synful too!)

Other drinks - tea (no milk), diet coke, and a few glasses of rose wine (probably about 20 syns in the wine alone!)

Total Syns: approx 40 (I set limit of 50)

------------------------------------------

Day 29:

Breakfast: Fry up - baked beans, tomatoes, mushrooms (all Free/SuperFree!), bacon, sausage, scrambled egg (HEa - made with milk), hash brown, (probably about 6-7 syns for oil/sausage...all fat cut off). Skipped bread/toast.

Lunch: didn't have any! We weren't hungry!

Dinner: Homemade fajitas - chicken (Free!), 2 x WW tortilla wraps (11 syns)

Other drinks - tea (with milk using up my HEa option), diet coke.

Total Syns: approx 16

--------------------------------------------------

Day 30:

Breakfast: had a banana (SuperFree!)...followed by a 5km/3.1miles ParkRun!! (yes, you read right!...it took me 40mins and nearly killed me...but it is going to become my Saturday morning ritual come rain or shine!)... when I got back home I had porridge oats (HEb), milk (HEa), 3 level tsp of sugar (3 syns) and 1 pear (SuperFree!)

Lunch: toasties - cheese (tiny amount of cheddar - about 2 syns!), baked beans (Free!), smidgen of butter (about 1 syn), wholemeal bread (6 syns)

Dinner: homemade Spag Bol!! - lenan mince, pasta, tomato puree, worcestershire sauce (all Free!), onions, mushrooms, tomato passata (all SuperFree!), parmesan cheese (2 syns)

Total Syns: 14

Day 31:

Breakfast: fruit n fibre cereal (HEb), low fat natural yogurt (Free!), 2 kiwis and 1 banana (all SuperFree!)

Lunch: went back to mum and dad's today for sunday dinner...mum doesn't use fry light so had to be careful! Starter: small homemade prawn cocktail (3 syns) with salad (lettuce, cucumber, onion, tomatoes - all SuperFree!). Main: Beef and chicken (both Free!) with leeks, broccoli, swede (mash, carrots, cauliflower (all SuperFree!) and approx 3 small roast potatoes/parsnips (hardly anything...Free, but added 1 syn for oil!). Skipped the yorkshire puds :( but had a tiny splash of gravy for 1 syn! Afters: Camembert cheese thing - 7 syns.

Dinner: didn't have any...wasn't hungry!

-----------------------------------------------

Day 32:

Breakfast: Monday morning and a week off work!! So started the week on a high!! - 2 eggs (cooked with fry light!), bacon (lean, no fat), baked beans (all Free!), 2 SYN FREE sausages!! (from the local butcher - completely syn free SW sausages!...they were a bit dry though so probably won't get them again tbh!!) (Free!), tomatoes and mushrooms (SuperFree!), 1 small slice wholemeal bread (3 syns)

Lunch: 1 banana (SuperFree!) and an alpen light apple and sultana bar (3 syns)

Dinner: Curry...homemade SW recipe!! Chicken, curry powders, garlic, low fat nat yogurt, boiled rice (all Free!), tomato passata, peppers, onions (all SuperFree!). And a hi-fi light bar (3 syns).

Other drinks - tea (with milk using up my HEa option), diet coke, and will have a glass of milk later to finish up my HEa option.

Haven't really had a HEb today, but my syns have been HEb type food so I have had plenty of fibre!! :)

Total Syns: 9

Day 33:

Breakfast: sausage sandwich (no butter) - syn free sausages (Free!), 2 small slices of wholemeal bread (HEb), 1 banana and 1 pear (both SuperFree!)

Lunch: Jacket potato (Free!), with cheese (HEa) and baked beans (Free!), - we were eating out and not sure if they had put butter onto the jacket so added 2 syns in case!, accompanied with a side salad - lettuce, cucumber, onion and tomato (all SuperFree!) - it had a honey mustard dressing on it though so added 4 syns for that.

Snack: 1 pear (SuperFree!)

Dinner: Valentines dinner cooked by me! SW burgers - lean beef mince, bacon with no fat, egg (all Free!), onions, peppers (both SuperFree!), with potato wedges (SW style) - potatoes (Free!) and fry light (Free!). Side salad - lettuce, cucumber, carrot, tomato, pepper (all SuperFree!). burger served in a very small ciabatta roll (4 syns) with salsa dip (0.5 syns) and a very small glass of wine (4.5 syns).

Other drinks: tea, diet coke, diet lemonade.

-----------------------------------------------

Day 34:

Breakfast: Fruit n Fibre Cereal (HEb), low fat natural yogurt (Free), 1 pear and 1 banana (both SuperFree!)

Lunch: Wetherspoons Sweet Chilli Noodles (1 syn) and 1 egg (added 2 syns for oil)

Snack: 1 banana (SuperFree!) and 1 alpen light bar ( 3 syns)

Dinner: Chicken, parsnips, potatoes (all Free!), carrots, broccoli, leeks (all SuperFree!), gravy (2 syns)

Other drinks - tea (with milk using up my HEa option), diet coke, diet lemonade and will have a glass of milk later to finish up my HEa option.

Total Syns: 8

Day 35:

Breakfast: Fruit n Fibre Cereal (HEb), low fat natural yogurt (Free), 1 pear and 1 banana (both SuperFree!)

Lunch: 2 syn free chilli sausages (Free!), 2 slices of wholemeal bread (6 syns)

Dinner: Chicken (Free!), wrapped in bacon (no fat) (Free!), stuffed with fromage frais, garlic, parmesan, coriander (Free!), with sweetcorn (Free!), SW chips (Free!) and side salad - lettuce, cucumber, onion, tomatoes (SuperFree!)

Snacks - 2 alpen light bars (6 syns)

Other drinks - tea (with milk using up my HEa option), diet coke, and will have a glass of milk later to finish up my HEa option.

Total Syns: 12

Day 36:

Breakfast: Fruit n Fibre Cereal (HEb), low fat natural yogurt (Free), loads of melon (SuperFree!)

Lunch: OH took me to local Thai restaurant (both off work today :) ) - was good - went for tom yam soup and pad thai (no more than about 8 syns)

Dinner: Homemade SW burgers - lean mince, egg (Free!), spring onions, salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes (SuperFree!), cheese (HEa), salsa (1 syn), 1 small ciabbata roll (5 syns), syn free chips (Free!)

Other drinks - tea, diet coke, diet lemonade.

Total Syns: 14

Day 37:

Breakfast: Porridge (HEa and HEb), sugar (3 syns), 1 banana and 1 pear (SuperFree!)

Lunch: 2 syn free sausages, baked beans and SW chips! (Free!), Alpen Light bar (3 syns)

Dinner: Chinese tonight - boiled rice, chicken chow mein (6 syns), 1 quarter slice of prawn toast (3.5 syns), a piece of sweet n sour chicken (3 syns)

Other drinks - tea, diet coke, diet lemonade, 1 WW hot chocolate sachet (2 syns)

Total Syns: 20.5 (went over...knew I would!)

Day 38:

Breakfast: Fruit n Fibre Cereal (HEb), low fat natural yogurt (Free), loads of melon and 1 banana (SuperFree!)

Lunch: Omelette - 3 eggs (Free!), peppers, onions, tomatoes (all SuperFree!), smidgen of cheese (HEa), barbecue sauce (2 syns)

Snack: luscious lemon hi-fi bar (5.5 syns)

Dinner: Homemade SW curry - chicken, low fat nat yogurt, curry powders/spices etc (all Free!), peppers, onions, tomato passata (all SuperFree!)

Other drinks - tea, diet coke, diet lemonade and 1 WW hot chocolate sachet (2 syns)

Total Syns: 9.5 syns (deliberate to counter-balance day before!!)

Day 39:

Breakfast: Fruit n Fibre Cereal (HEb), low fat natural yogurt (Free), loads of melon and 1 banana and 1 pear (SuperFree!)

Lunch: Homemade butternut squash soup - butternut squash, onions (both SuperFree!), stock cube, salt and pepper (Free!), 2 slices of wholemeal bread (6 syns), 1 pear, 1 banana, 1 apple (all SuperFree!), Alpen Light bar (3 syns)

Dinner: Hungry Horse dinner! - had the chicken new yorker but replaced the chips for a jacket potato (no butter), gave my OH the onion rings, trimmed the fat off the bacon, and had my OH's tomatoes! - so basically: chicken, bacon, jacket potato, peas (all Free!), cheese (HEa), barbecue sauce (2 syns), tomatoes (SuperFree!)

Other drinks - tea, diet coke and 1 WW hot chocolate sachet (2 syns)

Total Syns: 13 syns

Day 40:

Breakfast: Fruit n Fibre Cereal (HEb), low fat natural yogurt (Free), loads of melon and 1 banana (SuperFree!)

Lunch: Pasta, cottage cheese, peas (all Free!), broccoli, cauliflower, carrots (all SuperFree!) and 1 apple, 1 banana (both SuperFree!) and an Alpen Light bar (3 syns)

Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognaise - extra lean mince (Free!), worcestershire sauce (Free!), mushrooms, onions, tomato passata (all SuperFree!), spaghetti (Free!)

Other drinks - tea, diet coke, diet lemonade and 1 WW hot chocolate sachet (2 syns), glass of milk (HEa)

Total Syns: 5 syns

Day 41:

Lunch: Homemade soup - butternut squash and onions (SuperFree!), stock cubes (Free!), 2 slices wholemeal bread (6 syns), 2 apples and melon (SuperFree!), one hi-fi cheeky choc and orange bar (6 syns)

Dinner: Pork (no fat), potatoes, parsnips (all Free!), leeks, brocolli, carrots, asparagus (all SuperFree!), gravy (1.5 syns)

Other drinks - tea, diet coke, water, and 1 WW hot chocolate sachet (2 syns), glass of milk (HEa)

Total Syns: 15.5 syns

Day 42:

Breakfast: Fruit n Fibre Cereal (HEb), low fat natural yogurt (Free), 1 apple and some grapes (all SuperFree!)

Snack: 1 Alpen Light (choc and fudge) bar (3 syns)

Lunch: Pasta, fat free cottage cheese (both Free!), leeks, carrots, broccoli (all SuperFree!), 1 pear, 1 apple and some grapes (SuperFree!), 1 hi-fi light bar (3 syns)

Dinner: Homemade SW curry - prawns, curry powder (garam masala), worcestershire sauce, low fat natural yogurt, boiled rice (all Free!), tomato passata, mushrooms, spring onions (all SuperFree!)

Other drinks - tea, pepsi max, squash (no added sugar!!), and 1 WW hot chocolate sachet (2 syns), glass of milk (HEa)

Total Syns: 8 syns

Day 43:

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (Heb), Skimmed Milk (HEa), 2 tsp sugar (2 syns), grapes (SuperFree!)

Lunch: 4.5 x Scan Bran (4.5 syns), fat free cottage cheese, tuna, sweetcorn (all Free!), salad - lettuce, carrot sticks, cucumber (all SuperFree!), 1 banana (SuperFree!), 1 Alpen Light bar (3 syns)

Dinner: Chinese takeaway night!! Chicken in black bean sauce (6 syns), boiled rice (Free!)

Other drinks - tea, squash (no added sugar!! - started to make sure I have my 2 litres of water a day today!! :)), and 1 WW hot chocolate sachet (2 syns)

Total Syns: 17.5 syns (slightly over the 15...but will make sure I have plenty of days under now!)

Gosh...a few days to complete!

Day 44:

Breakfast: hi-fi bar (HEb), banana (SuperFree!)

Lunch: chicken and bacon salad - chicken and bacon (both Free!), salad - tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, onions (all SuperFree!), barbecue sauce dressing (2 syns)

Dinner: Balti night for a friend's birthday but I was good and skipped the starters and naan bread and only had a small portion!! - 1 poppadom (1syn), pilau rice (1 syn), chicken jalfrezi (6 syns)

Other drinks - tea (using skimmed milk (HEa), diet coke and malibu (5 syns)

Total Syns: 15 syns

Day 45:

Breakfast: 1 banana (SuperFree!), small sausage sandwich - 2 half fat sausages (6 syns), 2 small slice wholemeal bread (HEb) (no butter or sauce :))

Lunch: 1 banana (SuperFree!), 1 alpen light bar (3 syns)

Dinner: Sunday Roast dinner SW style!! - pork, potatoes, parsnips (all Free!), swede, leeks, brocolli, carrots (all SuperFree!), gravy (2 syns)

Other drinks - tea with skimmed milk (HEa), diet coke, 2 small glasses of wine (6 syns)

Total Syns: 17 syns

Day 46:

Breakfast: Fruit n Fibre cereal (HEb), low fat natural yogurt (Free!), 1 banana, 1 pear (both SuperFree!)

Lunch: buffet (I was at a funeral :( ) - but picked the healthier options - salad - lettuce, onions (SuperFree!), rice (Free!), pasta (Free!), tiny ham sandwich - half slice of wholemeal bread (2 syns), butter (0.5 syns)

Snack: 1 banana (SuperFree!)

Dinner: Chicken and Sweetcorn chinese style soup (homemade) - chicken, sweetcorn, stock, egg (all Free!), cornflour (2 syns), followed by chinese noodles - chicken, noodles, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce (all Free!), stir fry veg (carrots, sugar snap, cauliflower, peppers etc) (all SuperFree!)

Other drinks - tea with skimmed milk (HEa), diet coke (Free!)

Total Syns: 12.5 syns

Back