NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Hi everyone :)

This is my first post so please be gentle. I wanted to share a non-scale victory I had last week. I had to help push a van from the forecourt at work and I put on a hi-vis and without even thinking, I fastened it up. I've been at my current work for 8 1/2 years and never been able to fasten it so I was absolutely over the moon. The size was XXL which is 2 sizes down from my usual clothes which is brilliant.

G

magiiickal said:
Hi everyone :)

This is my first post so please be gentle. I wanted to share a non-scale victory I had last week. I had to help push a van from the forecourt at work and I put on a hi-vis and without even thinking, I fastened it up. I've been at my current work for 8 1/2 years and never been able to fasten it so I was absolutely over the moon. The size was XXL which is 2 sizes down from my usual clothes which is brilliant.

G

How fab is that! Well done you! But be careful bodies aren't supposed to push vans!

I had an NSV first thing this morning, 8.30, on arriving at work; as I walked to my desk a colleague approached, before I could even say hello she said 'Wow, you can really see your weight loss now, you're looking great!' I could do with a dose of that every morning!

Also last night, as I had a little free time (which I don't normally post weigh in) I walked home instead of getting the bus. For an hour, on a clear night, I walked just over 2.5 miles home for pleasure. All downhill naturally, haha, but still - walking for pleasure - I've not done that in such a long time! :)

My NSV is that I realised i have not had a post on here for AGES, and I need to address that fact.

So in the new year i will be making an effort to report on this thread more often - and share the NSV's that occur!

I did get sort of 'chatted up' in town the other evening - he was quite polite and much younger than me! haha! I didnt burst his bubble, but tootled off and told him to have a good night!!! hehe! It was only whilst i was ordering at the bar, so i was lucky to have a reason to walk off!

I bought a dress 2 years ago for my baby's christening. It was a gorgeous gunmetal grey silk dress. It zipped up to mid-back, and then stubbornly refused to go any further. Heart-breaking. So I stored it away and bought a different dress. I periodically try that dress on, just as a way of saying, "oh no, I haven't forgotten about you!"
Last month I tried it on, and it was still no where near closing, but when I tried it on a couple of days ago, it zipped up. Granted, there was a lot of sucking in, and squishing the boobs down, and getting hubby to zip me up...but...it closed!
I'm hoping by Valentines' to be in that dress... and if it happens, I shall be back in here, posting a pic!

I bought a size 14 denim skirt today!!! 14!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

xMandyDx said:
I bought a dress 2 years ago for my baby's christening. It was a gorgeous gunmetal grey silk dress. It zipped up to mid-back, and then stubbornly refused to go any further. Heart-breaking. So I stored it away and bought a different dress. I periodically try that dress on, just as a way of saying, "oh no, I haven't forgotten about you!"
Last month I tried it on, and it was still no where near closing, but when I tried it on a couple of days ago, it zipped up. Granted, there was a lot of sucking in, and squishing the boobs down, and getting hubby to zip me up...but...it closed!
I'm hoping by Valentines' to be in that dress... and if it happens, I shall be back in here, posting a pic!

Well done you :) have just sorted 3 items to aim for first. Planning on starting again next week when back at school

Saying this whilst jumping up & down I'm no longer overweight after wi tonight losing 2.5 lb my bmi is 24.7 :D

Well done, Mrs big b!!! I bet you feel amazing!

xMandyDx said:
Well done, Mrs big b!!! I bet you feel amazing!

Thanks yes I do wish I could bottle the feeling it's awesome

Quite annoying NSV, but I got a coat, jacket, jumper all size 10 for Christmas that need taking back because they're too big!!! I'm happy in a 10 anyway but thrilled to be an 8 in some things ....( let's forget about the size 12 skinny jeans - no matter how small I've got over the years, I almost always have had a size 12 bum!!! )

And to top of last nights excitement I've brought a size 10 pair of jean shorts that do up and I can sit down in ( a little muffin top) but even so size 10 !!!!!!!!!! * dancing around * the lady in next actually asked me about how much weight I'd lost told me I looked amazing :) must go in there a lot then ooops lol before if was mainly for the kids the odd size 22 for me if they had one now there's no stopping me

mrs big b said:
And to top of last nights excitement I've brought a size 10 pair of jean shorts that do up and I can sit down in ( a little muffin top) but even so size 10 !!!!!!!!!! * dancing around * the lady in next actually asked me about how much weight I'd lost told me I looked amazing :) must go in there a lot then ooops lol before if was mainly for the kids the odd size 22 for me if they had one now there's no stopping me

Ooh great :)

B's lovely lady said:
Quite annoying NSV, but I got a coat, jacket, jumper all size 10 for Christmas that need taking back because they're too big!!! I'm happy in a 10 anyway but thrilled to be an 8 in some things ....( let's forget about the size 12 skinny jeans - no matter how small I've got over the years, I almost always have had a size 12 bum!!! )

Great NSV :)

Not really a NSV but watched Top Gear with hubby and the number plate on Clarkson's car started with NSV :)

It made me smile anyway.

lsf666 said:
Not really a NSV but watched Top Gear with hubby and the number plate on Clarkson's car started with NSV :)

It made me smile anyway.

I noticed this too. Lol x

My best NSV so far. I have managed to get back on plan, and ENJOY being back on plan after the Christmas blow-out. The whole week I ate and ate and thought to myself, "oh Lord I'll never get back to it," but I have.

Back