+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Mmmmmmm! They look like professional photos!

and I made this for dessert Raspberry and Lemon Sponge Cake (5 syns a slice)

DSC_1187_thumb.jpg

That looks fabulous.

Your sandwich and cake look wonderful Britmum!!! I'm tempted to lick the screen!! Here's what I made tonight, not for dinner mind you but for lunch tomorrow. Salmon & avocado sushi! Avocados would have a few syns but I only used a quarter for the whole recipe! Fed DH some (hence the pic) abut I'm saving mine for tomorrow.

thumbasp-6.jpg

MMMmmmmm Honeyoc, I LOVE sushi and that looks delish.

It was such a lovely day here today, that I sat out in the garden to eat my dinner. I was on a red day, so I had Baked Salmon with Roasted Tomatoes and Butternut Squash

DSC_1214_thumb.jpg

thanks! did it again last night with prawns, they were delish in the cajun spices. i might do them again in the spices with cous cous

BRITMUM!!! If I plan a trip to Canada, can I come stay with you? :D

lol you sure can ;). You have to cook for me one night though :p

Of course I will, I promise to earn my board :D
Ditto the cooking school idea, how amazing would it be to set up tutorials that are strictly SW friendly?!!!

Of course I will, I promise to earn my board :D
Ditto the cooking school idea, how amazing would it be to set up tutorials that are strictly SW friendly?!!!

I love cooking but there are so many people who don't know where to start....would be amazing to set something like that up :rolleyes:
New career's maybe lol

Made a Nigerian dish for dinner tonight (well, Nigerian inspired - can't really make authentic Nig food without gallons of oil... Mmmmmm :D )

Roasted plantain, spicy greens and pan fried tilapia fillets. Free on EE!

Grilled fish
fb3cd2fe.jpg

Roasted plaintain
afa8e3e7.jpg

Served up
45a0e496.jpg

I had this for dinner yesterday.

Is Rosemary and Garlic Steak with Roasted Butternut Squash and Feta Cheese Salad.

I bought a Mortar and Pestle the other day which is great for grinding up herbs etc for flavouring.

I chopped some fresh rosemary and added it to the pestle and mortar with some garlic cloves and a bit of Pam spray olive oil and really grinded it up. I then rubbed it into the steak on both sides and refrigerated for 2 hours, it really flavoured the steak and was yummy.

steak_thumb.jpg

Britmum your steak looks amazing! Can't wait to eat meat again after lent!

OMG I think I outdid myself at dinner tonight! Made a delicious roasted potato, tomato and asparagus dish with sea bass! I went to a farmer's market today and I have never seen such gorgeous fresh ingredients ever before!! Needless to say I got a little carried away so I had to come up with something for the veggies lol. So here we are!

Before adding the fish
db56c1f1.jpg

All cooked! Yum :D
a8c62c75.jpg

Served
23792d7a.jpg

I could eat it all again!! Will be posting the recipe in the recipe section :D

Dinner tonight, grilled salmon with roasted tomatoes in balsamic vinegar and olive oil and steamed green beans (3 syns for the olive oil on red or EE)

9f2aeb93.jpg

this I had the other day, is chicken topped with basil and red pepper

DSC_1278_thumb.jpg

and these I had tonight

Yakitori Chicken and Vegetable Skewers, which I served with a baby romaine leaf salad (these salad leaves are so yummy)

DSC_1332_thumb.jpg

was good to get back on track today, after a naughty day yesterday. I have been poorly and just didnt feel like cooking.

Tried something new today brown rice! Turns out that its no where near as bad as I thought it would be! I'm having it cold for lunch tomorrow with some roasted nuts thrown in :D

8df45b4c.jpg

Back