Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hi lovely preggos! Sorry I'm not keeping up. I feel too ill to move. Sickness is minimal but heaving and nausea is awful. I'm still not dressed yet today. I have a friend coming over at 1.30. I need to get a wriggle on.

Why can't I just sleep at night, I might not feel so awful in the day. And I'm eating too much but if I'm not eating I'm sick. And I'm picking at sugary treats. I hope this passes soon so I can get back on plan.

I hope you're all well. X

Awww huni hope you feel better soon! In the first 14 weeks I hardly slept at all! And now I'm 35 wks the insomnia has really kicked in now literally had about an hour last night so I totally empathise with you! I feel like absolute turd today doesn't help having diabetes either coz that makes you feel low! So to cheer myself up and hopefully have a better nights sleep I went to dunelm mill and bought a memory form mattress topper and some memory form pillows! So fingers crossed they may help as I just can't get comfy at all! Xx

Afternoon

Well I went to GP this morning who was lovely also got an emergency scan - bean was wriggling around and all seemed fine - also had an anti d injection.
Just resting now and feel much more relaxed!

Good you are all well x x

That's brilliant news! I'm so glad you got sorted and had the scan that certainly puts your mind at rest doesn't it :)

Well today I'm really struggling due to the insomnia my glucose levels are all over the place! Went sll dizzy whilst driving so have decided to only drive when necessary now! Plus my heart burn is back with a bang so got some tablets off the doctor as gaviscon isn't touching it! I'm just so ready now I know it's only 3 wks to go but seriously feels like time is standing still! However I am a huge big brother fan and so glad that's starting tomorrow at least I can rest up and have something to watch because I can't even begin to tell you how bored I am! The house is the cleanest it's ever been but I literally can't clean anymore! Even wearing clothes to clean hurts my fingers as they have cuts on them all from the constant pricking to check sugar levels!

Mum asked me today if I think if have anymore children! I'd always said I'd like a boy and a girl as most do, but I've been through so much to get this baby I'm not sure I can go through this again, as I've been told I will get diabetes second time round and have to start on treatment as soon as we want to start trying!

Anyway on a brighter note the nursery is completely finished ( so at least i have somewhere to put her clothes, ha) Moses basket ready and pram at my friends house so all set! Hospital bag packed with essentials and I've treated us to a memory form mattress topper and memory form pillows to see if that helps my insomnia because seriously ladies I'm not a moaning person but its so tough when tired and coping with diabetes! I just want sweet stuff to keep my energy levels up abit!

Anyway rant over I just felt the need to put down how I was feeling!

Hope everyone else is ok today xx

Afternoon

Well I went to GP this morning who was lovely also got an emergency scan - bean was wriggling around and all seemed fine - also had an anti d injection.

Brilliant news. A wriggly bean is a happy bean! :-D

Awww huni hope you feel better soon! In the first 14 weeks I hardly slept at all! And now I'm 35 wks the insomnia has really kicked in now literally had about an hour last night so I totally empathise with you! I feel like absolute turd today doesn't help having diabetes either coz that makes you feel low! So to cheer myself up and hopefully have a better nights sleep I went to dunelm mill and bought a memory form mattress topper and some memory form pillows! So fingers crossed they may help as I just can't get comfy at all! Xx

Thanks slinky. I almost think the relentless exhaustion is worse than the nausea. I always find the same in late pg, sleep is tough. I used to have an afternoon nap which helped my sanity. I like the argos v shaped pillows for pg (£5) and they're great for breastfeeding too as you can prop baby up on it. Not long to go now. X

Well today I'm really struggling due to the insomnia my glucose levels are all over the place! Went sll dizzy whilst driving so have decided to only drive when necessary now! Plus my heart burn is back with a bang so got some tablets off the doctor as gaviscon isn't touching it! I'm just so ready now I know it's only 3 wks to go but seriously feels like time is standing still! However I am a huge big brother fan and so glad that's starting tomorrow at least I can rest up and have something to watch because I can't even begin to tell you how bored I am! The house is the cleanest it's ever been but I literally can't clean anymore! Even wearing clothes to clean hurts my fingers as they have cuts on them all from the constant pricking to check sugar levels!

Mum asked me today if I think if have anymore children! I'd always said I'd like a boy and a girl as most do, but I've been through so much to get this baby I'm not sure I can go through this again, as I've been told I will get diabetes second time round and have to start on treatment as soon as we want to start trying!

Anyway on a brighter note the nursery is completely finished ( so at least i have somewhere to put her clothes, ha) Moses basket ready and pram at my friends house so all set! Hospital bag packed with essentials and I've treated us to a memory form mattress topper and memory form pillows to see if that helps my insomnia because seriously ladies I'm not a moaning person but its so tough when tired and coping with diabetes! I just want sweet stuff to keep my energy levels up abit!

Have you tried gaviscon advance ( or the super version). What are the tablets- asking for future reference it always hits me hard.

Hugs for everything. You won't forget how hard this pg has been but you will see that the end result is worth it. Plus time is a healer, don't rule out number two just yet. ;-)

Cone and clean my house! My kids trash it faster than I can clean, I'm outnumbered!

Thanks slinky. I almost think the relentless exhaustion is worse than the nausea. I always find the same in late pg, sleep is tough. I used to have an afternoon nap which helped my sanity. I like the argos v shaped pillows for pg (£5) and they're great for breastfeeding too as you can prop baby up on it. Not long to go now. X

Yeah I've bought a v shaped one which is fine for sitting up but main reason is for breast feeding! I can't use it to sleep though as I can't sleep raised! Pain in the backside! X

Have you tried gaviscon advance ( or the super version). What are the tablets- asking for future reference it always hits me hard.

Hugs for everything. You won't forget how hard this pg has been but you will see that the end result is worth it. Plus time is a healer, don't rule out number two just yet. ;-)

Cone and clean my house! My kids trash it faster than I can clean, I'm outnumbered!

Lol, we have my fellas kids round weekly so the house is always tidy ish! But when they arnt here it just looks and feels much fresher lol! I know it won't last and will be stinking of baby sick amongst other smells soon enough haha so in enjoying it as much as I can! The tablets are called omeprazole capsules! I take one daily but it gets really bad at night so I take this tablet then and during the day just sip semi slimmer milk and have the gaviscon cool they are the only ones that help a little I've tried them all including the liquid but the cool tablets are the only that tough it abit! I used to suffer with heartburn and reflux prior to pregnancy so it's just been magnified! I do notice it's worse if I go longer than 3 hours without eating anything!

Omeprazole is good stuff - I used to take it for acid reflux (I get stress related IBS). I was taking mebevarine but got taken off that as soon as I was pregnant - good to know there's still stuff you can take and I hope it helps!

I have shocking heartburn and trapped wind today, it's mega painful and I'm so bloated I look about 5 months instead of 3 lol! No money for gaviscon until tomorrow so I'm throwing down peppermint tea in the hope that will help...

Afternoon

Aw fab news, glad you and beanie are both ok! Seeing baby dancing around is amazing, I know the worries just melted away for me as soon as I saw little swimming around. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it <3

Omeprazole is good stuff - I used to take it for acid reflux (I get stress related IBS). I was taking mebevarine but got taken off that as soon as I was pregnant - good to know there's still stuff you can take and I hope it helps!

I have shocking heartburn and trapped wind today, it's mega painful and I'm so bloated I look about 5 months instead of 3 lol! No money for gaviscon until tomorrow so I'm throwing down peppermint tea in the hope that will help...

I find that sipping milk helps even though I'm not a big fan of milk it does seem to cool my heart burn!

I find that sipping milk helps even though I'm not a big fan of milk it does seem to cool my heart burn!

I'm a bit off milk at the mo, it leaves a weird taste in my mouth like its gone off! I used to love milky tea and now I have to drink it strong, no cereal any more either. :( I prob shouldn't have tea at all really but I can't survive without a cuppa lol ;)

It's the best feeling ain't it?! x

Nothing better! ;) xxx

Hun my heartburn is ridiculas. Burning acid reflux I am in agony and everything including drinks making me have it. What tablets can u get? I will ring doctors tomorrow and make an appointment x

Not sure if I updated or not but we had to have poor boycie put too sleep Thursday afternoon :'( can't believe he's gone still, miss him so much.

My brother has a festival job this week and due to move into rented accommodation when he gets back on Tuesday so we finally have our house back too ourselves. Nice that we can sit and have tea together in peace again.

Finished work yey! But got stinking cold and major sore throat and cough which again makes my heartburn flare up grr. So been in bed today most of the day. 18 days until due date....omg that sounds crazy!

I'm a bit off milk at the mo, it leaves a weird taste in my mouth like its gone off! I used to love milky tea and now I have to drink it strong, no cereal any more either. :( I prob shouldn't have tea at all really but I can't survive without a cuppa lol ;)

Nothing better! ;) xxx

Yeah I know what you mean! It leaves a taste in my mouth too :-( I have it in porridge can't taste it then with loads of sweetener :) I drink loads of tea but only decaf it did take abit of getting used to but now I prefer it and decaf coffee :)

Hun my heartburn is ridiculas. Burning acid reflux I am in agony and everything including drinks making me have it. What tablets can u get? I will ring doctors tomorrow and make an appointment x

Yeah make sure you ring the docs and get some! Because my dentist told me if you don't treat it, then the acid can seriously damage the enamel on the back of your teeth! They are called omeprazole capsules! I take 1 at night :) x

Not sure if I updated or not but we had to have poor boycie put too sleep Thursday afternoon :'( can't believe he's gone still, miss him so much.

My brother has a festival job this week and due to move into rented accommodation when he gets back on Tuesday so we finally have our house back too ourselves. Nice that we can sit and have tea together in peace again.

Finished work yey! But got stinking cold and major sore throat and cough which again makes my heartburn flare up grr. So been in bed today most of the day. 18 days until due date....omg that sounds crazy!

Do you feel like its gone quick? My pregnancy has flown but seems to have slowed down now but that's just coz I 3 wks left which seem to be taking ages to come round! My diabetes is playing up big time so maybe getting induced around the same time as you eeeek I find out next Friday! X

Back