Pregnancy and Slimming World

Afternoon all

So I'm having a rather stressful day - first I get a call from a anti natal midwife from the hospital asking me to go in as there was a problem with one of my blood tests. So I go not thinking too much of it - when I get there I meet two midwifes - they have found four different anti bodies in my blood but the sample wasn't big enough to test how much of the anti bodies I have. So they need to re do they have also referred me to foetal medicine and they will have up test my blood every two weeks and lots of monitoring scans. Also freak out hubby as he needs to go ASAP to have his blood tested.

So in a daze I go back to work and then ( sorry for tmi) but I go to the loo and when I wipe I have brownish stringy discharge. Talk about major freak out! Spoke to same midwife as about my bloods though and she was lovely and said as its brown had would not be too worried but I need to go to my GP. My GP is already closed for the day so I'm trying to stay calm and relaxed until tomorrow.

Hope you are all ok - sorry for long post!

K x x
Oh hun what a day for you. About the brown blood discharge i had that throughout my pregnancy the last episode being just over a month ago i was told by midwife it was old blood and nothing to worry about x
Hope you get your gp appointment tomorrow x

Blood pressure is ok it's abit high but no protein in my urine or other symptoms of pre clampsia so all is on! Still got horrid headaches but I'm now thinking that's something to do with having to keeping changing my insulin levels :-( boo anyway all in all feeling quite positive today! :)

Good to hear your blood pressure wasnt too high now you just need to keep those feet up until little one comes x

I'm just tired & the kids are playing up today. We're all feeling a bit under the weather so they are taking strips off each other! I've managed to get a chunk of housework done this morning so having a cup of peppermint tea before I attempt anymore.
Unfortunately late night loo trips don't quite prepare you for the constant feeds/changes but you get through them & out the other side :)

Here's what I've done so far (copied from the de-cluttering thread)

So far:

laundry on
dishwasher on
counters wiped down
dining table wiped down
kitchen floor swept
breakfast
hall floor & powder room swept
shoes rearranged in hall
living room floor swept
cushions straightened etc & toys tidied
tax credits form filled (just need C's signature, make a copy & post)

now having a cup of peppermint tea while J screams in his room & K sits in hers for time out -I have had enough of the fighting & squabbling this morning!

Lol kids, i decided to let my son out of his pushchair and than had to run with my big belly as he made a run for it! Didnt get any housework done either because i was knackered from chasing after him! x

Aww hun, hope your ok. It's hard not to stress. Do you know what the antibodies were for? I'm rhesus negative so I have to get injections to prevent antibodies xo

That's not long at all. Nope you should feel movement right up xo

I know not long at all! Scary but exciting at the same time! Eeeek x

Good to hear your blood pressure wasnt too high now you just need to keep those feet up until little one comes x

Yep and that is exactly what I intend to do! It's strange I'm one of those that can't normally sit still I always have stuff to do so I'm having to force myself lol! Hope your ok :) x

Really pleased today as i got baby's sleepsuits and vests that i ordered today so have officially started my baby shopping. Did feel a little welled up when i opened them up to check they were the right ones and right size, my son is the baby of the family right now and those clothes against him are tiny x

Yep and that is exactly what I intend to do! It's strange I'm one of those that can't normally sit still I always have stuff to do so I'm having to force myself lol! Hope your ok :) x
I cant sit still either and i love walking but i really struggled today walking my daughter to and from nursery and i still have 5/7weeks left! x

I cant sit still either and i love walking but i really struggled today walking my daughter to and from nursery and i still have 5/7weeks left! x

Yikes just walk slow and take your time! Having said that if your daughter is anything like my fiancé's kids they don't walk anywhere they run all the bloody time which drives me insane! So nosey!!! But that will change when the little one is here, they will be bloody quiet and not run everywhere lol!!

Lol i wish they would change after baby is here but i know they wont because their so full of energy. Both my daughters are like to race each other and i panic when i cant seem them so i need to walk fast to keep up with them and the joke is when i need them to walk fast they instantly slow down and say they are tired! I also made the mistake of letting my son out of the pushchair so had to run after him because after watching his sisters he is well trained in running now too! Baby likes to jump in and out of my pelvis too which hurts so much too! Ahh well never mind it wont be forever she will be here soon and i will be able to run after them not looking like something demented x

Oh hun what a day for you. About the brown blood discharge i had that throughout my pregnancy the last episode being just over a month ago i was told by midwife it was old blood and nothing to worry about x
Hope you get your gp appointment tomorrow x

Thanks I'm trying to relax x x

Lol i wish they would change after baby is here but i know they wont because their so full of energy. Both my daughters are like to race each other and i panic when i cant seem them so i need to walk fast to keep up with them and the joke is when i need them to walk fast they instantly slow down and say they are tired! I also made the mistake of letting my son out of the pushchair so had to run after him because after watching his sisters he is well trained in running now too! Baby likes to jump in and out of my pelvis too which hurts so much too! Ahh well never mind it wont be forever she will be here soon and i will be able to run after them not looking like something demented x

Haha I know what you mean! Ha, with regards to the baby moving in and out of your pelvis? Does that give you a pressure feeling in your lower region? I sometimes get that and wondered what it was, also pressure in my lower back just for a few seconds then goes but also feels like a water infection almost! It's hard to describe with it being my first!

Extreme pressure in my bits and sometimes i feel like i wanna wee and also sometimes its affects my lower back. As its my 4th baby the baby can bob in and out of my pelvis because everything is all ready from previous pregnancies but with first babys once their engaged they stay down until you have them so the feelings you have are probably her putting pressure on your bits and also trying to engage. Midwife will soon start checking you if baby is engaged and how engaged in your pelvis. Also another way to describe is like carrying a football between you legs, well for me anyway lol x

Today was the best day ever.

Got dressed this morning in my new dress from the weekend and I actually look pregnant in it! Just a tiny bit pregnant but even so... I'm impressed anyway lol Evidence attached, taken in the hospital loos later on. Anyway, why was I in the hospital? Read on...

I went back to work to find that my colleagues have been lovely and I had a nearly clear desk, also HR have pulled their fingers out and arranged my risk assessment at last.

Then I had a call from the hospital asking if I could come for a scan today instead of tomorrow - shocked wasn't the word! After calling my mum to make sure she could still come I took the appointment and left work straight away.

Baby H-W is amazing, active and looks healthy - I knew it would be like that deep down but seeing him/her again was incredible. Our little was so much bigger than two weeks ago and has proper little arms and legs now and gave us a wave too! <3 Sonographer was lovely this time too and gave me some good advice. She commented that little seems very active and also mentioned that I look to have an anterior placenta (whatever this means? Not googling!) Picture attached, husband couldn't be there so I wanted one for him. Mum loved it and fessed up that she has started knitting already!

Met husband after work and we picked up food for tea and walked home together. Arrived home to find my letter from the hospital with NT+ results - low risk for downs which is unbelievable given my age (nearly 35).

Happy and relieved doesn't cover it - it really doesn't. I'm guessing this is how I was supposed to feel after my dating scan but didn't. Now I feel like a new woman and I'm hoping now that I can start to enjoy being pregnant at last and be confident that me and little can get through this together.

Thanks for your support ladies - you are all awesome xxx

That's fantastic news hun n yer pic r fab as well!! I'm so pleased 4 u n glad yer feelin more at peace now n hope u njoy the rest of yer pregnancy xxx

Extreme pressure in my bits and sometimes i feel like i wanna wee and also sometimes its affects my lower back. As its my 4th baby the baby can bob in and out of my pelvis because everything is all ready from previous pregnancies but with first babys once their engaged they stay down until you have them so the feelings you have are probably her putting pressure on your bits and also trying to engage. Midwife will soon start checking you if baby is engaged and how engaged in your pelvis. Also another way to describe is like carrying a football between you legs, well for me anyway lol x

Ummmm yeah that sounds about right for me! I feel like I wana wee sometimes so it must be her head! My last scan they said I was absolutely full of water so she is able to move around quite abit! Also said I'm likely to have a very wet birth (nice) yeah it doesn't feel like a football between my legs but I totally understand what you mean by that! Bet that feels quite painful really! :/

I am 20 weeks tomorrow and the baby is constantly kicking and the realisation that soon I will have 2 children around!
I have my 20 week scan tomorrow and find out the sex :happy036:

Best wishes 4 yer scan 2moro hun, hope baby is co-operative if u wana find out the sex! lol! x

Ummmm yeah that sounds about right for me! I feel like I wana wee sometimes so it must be her head! My last scan they said I was absolutely full of water so she is able to move around quite abit! Also said I'm likely to have a very wet birth (nice) yeah it doesn't feel like a football between my legs but I totally understand what you mean by that! Bet that feels quite painful really! :/
Yea she likes to dig in, trying to make a early escape but knowing my luck i will be overdue x
Lol you better tell your other half to wear wellies than if its gonna be a wet birth, i remember with my second it was all over the bed and floor! x

Yea she likes to dig in, trying to make a early escape but knowing my luck i will be overdue x
Lol you better tell your other half to wear wellies than if its gonna be a wet birth, i remember with my second it was all over the bed and floor! x

Haha yeah I've warned him to wear his water proofs! Haha! My mum said when they broke her wafers it was all gushing on the floor too :) I can tell by the way I'm carrying her that I'm full of water! Haven't been able to wear my engagement ring for months! Anyway not long now the end is in site :) 3 wks Friday and she'll be here! :) so can't wait xx

Afternoon all

So I'm having a rather stressful day - first I get a call from a anti natal midwife from the hospital asking me to go in as there was a problem with one of my blood tests. So I go not thinking too much of it - when I get there I meet two midwifes - they have found four different anti bodies in my blood but the sample wasn't big enough to test how much of the anti bodies I have. So they need to re do they have also referred me to foetal medicine and they will have up test my blood every two weeks and lots of monitoring scans. Also freak out hubby as he needs to go ASAP to have his blood tested.

So in a daze I go back to work and then ( sorry for tmi) but I go to the loo and when I wipe I have brownish stringy discharge. Talk about major freak out! Spoke to same midwife as about my bloods though and she was lovely and said as its brown had would not be too worried but I need to go to my GP. My GP is already closed for the day so I'm trying to stay calm and relaxed until tomorrow.

Hope you are all ok - sorry for long post!

K x x

Bless you, what a day, not surprised you've been stressed out! :( Hope you were able to relax a little and that your GP appointment is positive today xxx

Hi lovely preggos! Sorry I'm not keeping up. I feel too ill to move. Sickness is minimal but heaving and nausea is awful. I'm still not dressed yet today. I have a friend coming over at 1.30. I need to get a wriggle on.

Why can't I just sleep at night, I might not feel so awful in the day. And I'm eating too much but if I'm not eating I'm sick. And I'm picking at sugary treats. I hope this passes soon so I can get back on plan.

I hope you're all well. X

Afternoon

Well I went to GP this morning who was lovely also got an emergency scan - bean was wriggling around and all seemed fine - also had an anti d injection.
Just resting now and feel much more relaxed!

Good you are all well x x

Back