Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

And glad you survived on your own today bless you xx

Have you been watching im a celeb? What you been watching?
Sorry to hear your pain is bad :( I hope you feel better soon!
I'm glad you like my pic thanks :)
Xx

No, I don't watch I'm A Celeb. One thing I've been getting quite into is Catfish on MTV - have you ever seen that? Also all the weddingy things like Say Yes To The Dress, Don't Tell The Bride etc. Paul thinks I'm sad, lol. :D

I'm feeling very down at the moment, especially with being on my own. I don't usually mind solitude, but with being in a lot of pain and being fairly immobile, I'm finding it hard. :(

Sorry, I shouldn't moan on, lol. :) xx

Your not alone :) .. You have us all here to listen to you !

Just remember to take your tablets on time, and if your still in pain ask your doc if there is anything else you can take with it..

I used Tramadol (2 tablets, 4x times a day) and codydamol (2 tabs 3x day) at the same time .. I was in so much pain to start with.. That's what doc advised - couldn't have got through without it.. Was in tears the 1st few days trying to cope just on codydamol. Can still remember the pain now. I felt so helpless as couldn't do nothing for myself.

Hugs !! Your doing great!!

No, I don't watch I'm A Celeb. One thing I've been getting quite into is Catfish on MTV - have you ever seen that? Also all the weddingy things like Say Yes To The Dress, Don't Tell The Bride etc. Paul thinks I'm sad, lol. :D I'm feeling very down at the moment, especially with being on my own. I don't usually mind solitude, but with being in a lot of pain and being fairly immobile, I'm finding it hard. :( Sorry, I shouldn't moan on, lol. :) xx

Not sad at all four weddings is my favourite! I've never seen catfish or yes to dress, what channels are they on?

Aww bless ya, I can deffo sympathise with you on the loneliness, hope it passes soon xx

Your not alone :) .. You have us all here to listen to you !

Just remember to take your tablets on time, and if your still in pain ask your doc if there is anything else you can take with it..

I used Tramadol (2 tablets, 4x times a day) and codydamol (2 tabs 3x day) at the same time .. I was in so much pain to start with.. That's what doc advised - couldn't have got through without it.. Was in tears the 1st few days trying to cope just on codydamol. Can still remember the pain now. I felt so helpless as couldn't do nothing for myself.

Hugs !! Your doing great!!

Thanks so much, Tara - I've been feeling such a wimp, so it's reassuring to hear that you needed more than one type of pain relief too. I've been taking Ibuprofen and Paracetamol as well, having looked up what can be taken together. If it was just a matter of resting the knee it wouldn't be as bad, it's having to do all the physio that's the killer! Was your op on your shoulder? :) xx

Not sad at all four weddings is my favourite! I've never seen catfish or yes to dress, what channels are they on?

Aww bless ya, I can deffo sympathise with you on the loneliness, hope it passes soon xx

Lol, yes I watch Four Weddings too! Catfish is on MTV, and Say Yes To The Dress is on TLC. I'm watching How I Met Your Mother at the moment - life is so exciting! :D xx

Lol, yes I watch Four Weddings too! Catfish is on MTV, and Say Yes To The Dress is on TLC. I'm watching How I Met Your Mother at the moment - life is so exciting! :D xx

Lol you could try some knitting? Even more exciting :D xx

Thanks so much, Tara - I've been feeling such a wimp, so it's reassuring to hear that you needed more than one type of pain relief too. I've been taking Ibuprofen and Paracetamol as well, having looked up what can be taken together. If it was just a matter of resting the knee it wouldn't be as bad, it's having to do all the physio that's the killer! Was your op on your shoulder? :) xx

I only had keyhole surgery on my shoulder to repair a lateral tear .. Golly Gee and worse words did it hurt afterwards !! I demanded, screamed and swore and just cried afterwards so they gave me a nice morphine button to push and kept me in overnight .. Normally a day surgery .., then sent me home with paracetamol ... Really was not impressed !! Was on the phone to the doctor in tears the next morning.. Begging for pain relief !! I felt such a wimp!! But the relief afterwards once I'd taken the tablet .. Wow :) Physio was really hard work and yes needed the tramadol otherwise I don't think I could have done it..

Oh yes I also took an anti-inflammatory tablets (2, 3x day) too ... I rattled lol

So as your op was much more difficult than mine .. Don't feel a wimp !!

You're sound brilliantly honey, it's still very early days! Just try & focus on how different life will be once you're mobile again - we will get you to Zumba yet ;) xx

You're sound brilliantly honey, it's still very early days! Just try & focus on how different life will be once you're mobile again - we will get you to Zumba yet ;) xx

Hehe Yehy! I like that idea, are you a zumba fan too?

So you can knit already then sorted! My grandma got me so much knitted stuff for Maisie but she was born I summer and no of it fits not its cold enough so it all had to go to the charity shop or bin not sure which maybe still in the garage even Hmm got me wondering now lol.

Hope you on big hugs xxx

Waffle Zumba honestly changed my life, I'm an addict lol

Ohh tell me more, I have just started out, been going about 3 months now xx

I only had keyhole surgery on my shoulder to repair a lateral tear .. Golly Gee and worse words did it hurt afterwards !! I demanded, screamed and swore and just cried afterwards so they gave me a nice morphine button to push and kept me in overnight .. Normally a day surgery .., then sent me home with paracetamol ... Really was not impressed !! Was on the phone to the doctor in tears the next morning.. Begging for pain relief !! I felt such a wimp!! But the relief afterwards once I'd taken the tablet .. Wow :) Physio was really hard work and yes needed the tramadol otherwise I don't think I could have done it..

Oh yes I also took an anti-inflammatory tablets (2, 3x day) too ... I rattled lol

So as your op was much more difficult than mine .. Don't feel a wimp !!

Thanks, hon, that's made me feel much better! :) You hear such mixed reports of how people go on with this sort of op - "oh so and so was out cycling within a fortnight", you know the sort of thing! - that I was starting to feel a real wuss, lol. I had the nice morphine button in hospital, really didn't want them to take it away! But they did bring me oral morphine when I asked for it after that. I thought it was a shoulder op I remembered you having. My brother-in-law had a shoulder replacement back in May and he's a big advocate of Tramadol! :) xx

Hehe Yehy! I like that idea, are you a zumba fan too?

So you can knit already then sorted! My grandma got me so much knitted stuff for Maisie but she was born I summer and no of it fits not its cold enough so it all had to go to the charity shop or bin not sure which maybe still in the garage even Hmm got me wondering now lol.

Hope you on big hugs xxx

Aww, what a pity Maisie couldn't wear those things. Knitted things aren't as "in" as they used to be - my Mum was always knitting stuff when my nephews were little, but she wasn't in very good health by the time I had Kathryn, so I only have a couple of things she made for her. :) xx

Everyone has different pain tolerances and recovery times! So you shouldn't feel bad for needing the painkillers - that's what they're there for! Chug them down if you need them.

We should all do a zumba lesson when Tracys recovered :D - Also love Zumba, but can't find a class to suit at the moment - Lexie where do you go??

Also - I love knitted things! Must teach myself, but in the meantime if anyone want to knit me a scarf (or a jumper) it'd be gratefully received :D

Ohh tell me more, I have just started out, been going about 3 months now xx

I just mean I hated any form of exercise but even though I'm not the most co-ordinated I love it & it really helped my weight loss & more importantly fitness levels. Also made some really good mates at class z

Sorry not been around much. Just don't seem to find the time. Hope your pain is getting better. I think you are entitled to a moan hun. I know I would be. Xx

Hi Rachel! Thanks, hon. I knew it was going to be painful, but I think it's just the fact that it's been relentless for nearly two weeks now that's getting me down. I'm having my staples out on Friday, so am hoping that might help just a tiny bit! How are you getting on? :) xx

Back