♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

Glad the new regime is agreeing with you, especially still being able to do all your exercise! I look forward to your weigh in result!

Not been around, been a bit busy lately.

I do have some news, I passed my first grade of driving today with the specials so can now drive the vehicles. It was a pretty intense morning and i'm going back to bed in a bit as I have work tonight. I had my new mattress delivered yesterday, silent night memory foam one and so I had to sleep in the spare room last night so looking forward to tonights afternoon snooze!!:p

Not feeling hungry at all and I am having this week off phys. I feel like a whale, massively lazy and lethargic but I keep telling myself 1week isnt going to hurt and i'm not going to lose my phys levels from one week off.

Will weigh myself saturday like my pt guy told me to as i'm going out so will update you all with a result then. Hopefully after 12days it should be a nice one.

menus have been:

Tue 26th June
shake
turkey stir fry with chinese stir fry sauce
6marshmallows dipped in chocolate
protein bar
(so missed my 2nd shake but my snack was bad!)

Wed 27th June
shake
2x peppered beef steaks (150cals each), lettuce, cucumber, tomato, sweetcorn
shake
1/2apple & lf cottage cheese
protein bar

Thur 28th June
shake
tuna, boiled egg, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion & sweetcorn
shake
1/2apple & lf cottage cheese
protein bar
*2slices ham

menus until tuesday will be:

Fri 29th June
shake
turkey steak, 2slices ham, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion & sweetcorn
shake
apple & lf cottage cheese
protein bar

Sat 30th June - night out
shake
shake
turkey breast, mixed veg & 3tbsp brown rice
protein bar
*sticking strictly to vodka & diet coke

Sun 1st July
shake
chicken breast, mixed veg & gravy
shake
protein bar

Mon 2nd July (run! :))
shake
tuna, boiled egg, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, sweetcorn
shake
protein bar

Last edited:
Thats Fab!! Well done on the driving :) x

Well done on the driving :D

Your plan looks great and you seem to have been doing FAB - look forward to seeing the result :) xx OH and enjoy those voddies ;) xx

Yesterday was a long day and I ended up picking at 2 slices of ham as i felt hungry and today I added 2slices to my meal as my turkey steak was tiny.

Weigh in in the afternoon when I get up :fingerscrossed:

Sounds like the ham was NECESSARY!! Good luck for wi xx

Weigh in today and i've lost 4.25lbs and 3inches, 2of which from my waist :)
Happy with that after 12days.

I'm now back into the 11st bracket too!! :D (11st 13.75lbs) and so leaves me 3.75lbs to first goal of 11st 10lbs then its on to getting into the 10st bracket ... so in total I have 1st to lose in 12weeks, its definitley achievable.

Hopefully over the next two weeks I can get another 4.25lbs off which would be ideal.

Off out tonight so having some carbs with my meal.

Sat 30th June
shake
protein bar
chicken, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, sweetcorn, brown rice
*vodka & d.cokes

Well done you :D You're sooooo focussed!! Will you send me some pleeeeeeeeeease ;) Enjoy your night out xxx

Saturday was a lush night out :) really enjoyed myself. I did pick at about 6/7 haribo sweets at my friends and did indulge in a couple of baileys shots :S

Sunday I was a right mess, and not in a hungover way either. More of a flu way. I dredged into town with my friend and every step was an effort. Today I don't feel much better but dosing up on paracetemol seems to be helping. Sundays food wasnt good - I just couldnt really stomach anything except juicy stuff! lol

Sun 1st July
*apple juice
*mango fruit cooler from costa
*mango, pineapple & mandarin segments
*2ham slices & dairylea triangle
*handful salted peanuts
*protein bar (my only product of the day - not good!)

Mon 2nd July
turkey mince, carton chopped toms, red kidney beans
shake
shake
garlic stuffed olives & slice of turkey
protein bar

Got to weigh in again tomorrow. Probably isnt going to be good but hey ho.

Last edited:
Uh-Oh!!! We have to live our lives though babe ....... You'll be fine :D ... hope you're feeling ok xxx

Weigh in day today and lost another 0.75lbs since saturday.
Very pleased with it - 5lbs in 14days. Be nice to get that again so we shall see what next tuesday brings.
Been a bit naughty today - had a hobnob chocolate biscuit and a couple cuttings of sponge as i'm making a 21st birthday cake for a friends daughter.

Have now changed my ticker to reflect my new goal of 10st 13lbs.
I've 14lbs to go and just under 12weeks to get it off :fingerscrossed:

I'm still full of this damn head cold. Its horrible!!! Makes me feel like theres gunk swishing around my head! :giggle:

This week is also week 1 of 12 of my training plan for the Bristol half marathon! :D I have changed it a bit and instead of running for mileage on my long runs im going to run for time.

Menu for today and rest of the week:

Tue 3rd July
shake
hobnob biccie & couple cuttings of sponge
turkey mince, carton toms, kidney beans
apple & cottage cheese
shake
protein bar

Wed 4th July Run
shake
turkey breast, brocolli, sprouts & gravy
apple & cottage cheese
shake
protein bar

Thur 5th July
shake
*going to Leannes and think shes planning a pasta bake so will have a small amount
apple & cottage cheese
shake
protein bar

Fri 6th July Run & body pump
shake
chicken breast, brocolli, sprouts & gravy
apple & cottage cheese
shake
protein bar

Sat 7th July
shake
*???? think im seeing a friend and not sure what were doing yet
apple & cottage cheese
shake
protein bar

Sun 8th July step & pump
shake
banana (if I need it)
chicken, brocolli, sprouts, baby pots (maybe!), & gravy
apple & cottage cheese
shake
protein bar

Well done you :) It's all looking really good for you hon. Hope your 'gunk' disappears soon - sounds nasty :( xx

Still full of gunk.
Run today wasnt much fun cuz of it, its hard to breathe through my nose so that made it tough and I felt really lethargic.

But run was:

1hr
5.25miles
11:26avg pace
714cals burnt

Blimey girl and you ran for an hour anyway??!! You're such a star :D - hope it clears up for you soon it must be really horrible. Have you felt any different after having the week off? Physically I mean. What kind of effect does that 'rest' have? xx

Not particularly. But that's probably cuz I'm not feeling 100%. Atleast my body has had a break which is always good for it especially as I had been training for a fair few months :) X

It certainly deserved the break :) Aw - hope you're soon on top form xxx

Tanya - I wish I had u as my gym buddy - think u would kick my ass :)

Well done on the 5lb loss....

I must say u always look so pretty in ur photos and really well dressed.. I'm well jell x

Would quite happily have you as a gym buddy Sarah :)

Just a quick update really, been really busy this past week.

Grandma had a minor heart attack on monday. Gave us all a massive scare. Basically she has been feeling short of breathe for a while now, was on the waiting list to have tests about it but monday evening started raking the grass and then felt pain, managed to somehow get herself upstairs on the bed and phone my mum. Her and dad went up there, phoned an ambulance who rushed her straight to a&e and straight into theatre to have a stent fitted to her left artery which had collapsed. She's now on strict instructions to slow down and rest. She cant drive or do anything for 4weeks but has been given the all clear to go on holiday at the end of the month. She came home from hospital yesterday evening and is doing ok :)

Going ok ish on the diet front. Beginning to pick more so I think today is going to be my last day of the shakes. That'll be 25days done and so final weigh in tomorrow. I have a summerball to go to tomorrow aswell which is a 3 course meal and obvs, plenty of alcohol! :rolleyes: Will come and update weigh in tomorrow.

Still been keeping up with the phys. Did a 1hr 12min run on wednesday and today a 3mi run and 1hr body pump.
Pump was insanely hard today. I'm really beginning to feel the effects of squatting 20kg and this release has jump squats which are an absolute thigh burner!!!!

Will be back to updating daily when back to counting calories properly. Probably sunday or monday.

Gosh I hope she's ok Tan! What a fright!! :( ....... Great that she didn't just ignore the symptoms - so many older people just think they'll 'see how they go on'!

Look forward to your wi :) and hope the summer ball goes well and you have ..... well .... a ball!! :D xx

Back