20 somethings

Don't worry Clare it'll happen but congratulations on the loss, that's brilliant :)

I had a gain not last week the one before after 2 weeks off inc a holiday and I managed to get it off last week so I really hope for a loss again this week as I really want to get 9.5lbs off before the end of the year, I won't beat myself up if it doesn't happen though as it'll come off eventually

Camz I have IBS but the opposite type lol so hope you manage to go before WI, you have done so well so far in such a short space of time.

There isn't much exciting to tell about me but I am 27 for one more week and I have been doing SW since the end of June, my losses aren't that exciting because I am rubbish at sticking so I mostly have lots of small losses and I have gained twice so I am ok with the long scenic route as long as I get there in the end :) I am not very tall, only 5'2" just so I don't know what size/weight I really want as my priority is to get to a healthy weight so I don't have a final target. I have been overweight since I was 21, before that I was always slim and active so I am hoping health wise I will be ok, my main reason for joining SW this time (did it once before but it was only red/green then and it was too restrictive so didn't last long) is because I have lost my 20's to being fat (sorry to all if that's offensive, not meant in that way) and I want to start living my life and not being embarressed about myself. I want to settle down and start a family but not have to worry about health complications etc, like I said not very exciting but here I am :)

StarGir1 said:
Don't worry Clare it'll happen but congratulations on the loss, that's brilliant :)

I had a gain not last week the one before after 2 weeks off inc a holiday and I managed to get it off last week so I really hope for a loss again this week as I really want to get 9.5lbs off before the end of the year, I won't beat myself up if it doesn't happen though as it'll come off eventually

Camz I have IBS but the opposite type lol so hope you manage to go before WI, you have done so well so far in such a short space of time.

There isn't much exciting to tell about me but I am 27 for one more week and I have been doing SW since the end of June, my losses aren't that exciting because I am rubbish at sticking so I mostly have lots of small losses and I have gained twice so I am ok with the long scenic route as long as I get there in the end :) I am not very tall, only 5'2" just so I don't know what size/weight I really want as my priority is to get to a healthy weight so I don't have a final target. I have been overweight since I was 21, before that I was always slim and active so I am hoping health wise I will be ok, my main reason for joining SW this time (did it once before but it was only red/green then and it was too restrictive so didn't last long) is because I have lost my 20's to being fat (sorry to all if that's offensive, not meant in that way) and I want to start living my life and not being embarressed about myself. I want to settle down and start a family but not have to worry about health complications etc, like I said not very exciting but here I am :)

Sounds like we have a lot in common, I was diagnosed with IBS a couple of years back, and to be honest it comes in fits and starts, a little bit all or nothing!!

I also joined SW before, and after losing 3.5lbs in 3 weeks decided it wasn't for me haha! Am back now an don't think I could find a better diet if I tried!

I too have wasted too long being fat and unhappy with how I look, and decided enough is enough. OH and I are looking to move in together, and will eventually want to get married/start a family, and I refuse to spoil our time together and excitement like planning a wedding with strict diets - SO, I'm changing my life now, so I don't continue to gain and spoil it later on xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Loving the 100%s and losses :) my scales this evening varied from 16st3lb and 16st6lb. So god knows what is going to happen on Wednesday morning. Haha.

Laura, lovely to hear about you :) I want to get into teaching when my son is at nursery (he'll be 19 months this week so a while to wait yet) just a fulltime single mum at the moment. But he is snuggled up in bed now. Hurrah. He is called Nate and is my little nutter/boy genius. And I am fran. I have sh*te loads to lose but have shifted 4 stone so far. (until Wednesday weigh in anyway!) Oh, I am aiming to have lost 4stone 7lbs by Christmas, of which I have already started organising presents :) I knit... And started to crochet, and sometimes do needle point... I am 25 not 75 like i sound! Umm... Think that is it really. Oh, living with my parents at the moment (woe) its not that bad actually I do the shopping and cooking so everyone is fed slimming world style. My mum did sw before me so she is happy for me to cook.

Franalamadingdong said:
Loving the 100%s and losses :) my scales this evening varied from 16st3lb and 16st6lb. So god knows what is going to happen on Wednesday morning. Haha.

Laura, lovely to hear about you :) I want to get into teaching when my son is at nursery (he'll be 19 months this week so a while to wait yet) just a fulltime single mum at the moment. But he is snuggled up in bed now. Hurrah. He is called Nate and is my little nutter/boy genius. And I am fran. I have sh*te loads to lose but have shifted 4 stone so far. (until Wednesday weigh in anyway!) Oh, I am aiming to have lost 4stone 7lbs by Christmas, of which I have already started organising presents :) I knit... And started to crochet, and sometimes do needle point... I am 25 not 75 like i sound! Umm... Think that is it really. Oh, living with my parents at the moment (woe) its not that bad actually I do the shopping and cooking so everyone is fed slimming world style. My mum did sw before me so she is happy for me to cook.

Ahh, I am living back with my parents too Fran, after 3.5 years in York at Uni...sigh!! If you ever have any teacher questions sling them my way (I'll try my best to answer them!) xxx

That's what's so great about this thread, we're all pretty much in the same boat so it's great to be on here with everyone going through the same thing :)

I live with my OH and we've been together over 5 years and he knows there is no point in us thinking about marriage as there is no way I would agree as I don't feel confident about how I look even though I am a confident person in all other ways. I do get horribly broody though so that is a great motivator for me not to blow it this time :)

Sw is great as it really is so simple and I really think it could work for everyone and the way you're going Laura you'll be at target before you know it!!

Thanks Fran, I know some larger people are offended by the F word but for me, realistically that is what I am, I went past curvy a long time ago. I long for the day when that word it's a thing of the past and by this time next year I know I'll be looking good, I already see changes to my shape and I like it, esp smaller boobs!!

You are doing amazingly well so I am really pleased you're part of this forum as you do inspire lots of us, with you being such a good cook have you thought of starting a food diary/picture diary, that way you could share your creations?

Do you know of a money tree so i can go do it now? Haha. Yeah I had 6 years away. But I have never lived in this house so it is ok... Ish. Haha. I'm trying to decide between early years primary scoop (3-8 years at exeter) and religious studies at secondary school. I always said "no" to secondary school but that's been because of my size really. I have a 2:1 BA HONS in culture, politics and philosophy, which would leave me able to do RS, and politics in most schools and philosophy in the ones that offer it. I got it put onto the curriculum at my old school by generating enough interest.

Nah, star, I'm a yorkshire lass, so I call a spade a spade. I started a blog but i am so lazy at updating it! Mostly I just do sw recipes, occasionally adjust other recipes and sometimes just make it up by lobbing stuff in a pan. I am rubbish at measuring stuff when I do this. My mum taught me about flavours when i was a kid, I can read recipes just like I can read music and know what it tastes/sounds like. But I'm just rubbish at measuring and updating (read lazy! Haha) I think you are being a wee bit generous with the inspiration thing! Especially these past two weeks of knobbing around.

I like using the word 'chubby' because its doesn't sound as bad haha!!! I don't really have much to say about myself... My name is Xanthe and I'm 22 and live in Leeds with my boyfriend. I work in an office and its incredibly boring, but I'm hoping to go back to college part time next year to do an access course then hopefully go on to do a fashion or textiles degree. I can't do fashion and be a whale!!!! It's just not right! My OH graduated Uni last year and works in a call centre for a bank. He did music tech at Uni so obviously no jobs to go in to unless you're very lucky. He's doing a second degree with the OU in engineering then in a couple of years time he can get a job under his dads company and make loads of dosh and I can be a (slim) lady of leisure :D That's all there is to me really. How depressing!

It's probably easier to live with your parents when it's not in the house you grew up in, I regress in to being a teenager when I go to my parents lol so I am sure they were glad to get rid of me haha but we get on well enough.

I know what you mean Fran, I started a diary but that lasted a whole 3 weeks!! :)

Lady of leisure sounds just like my ideal job haha

Well I am signing off now so no doubt when I next log in we'll be five pages ahead but it's been nice tonight. Take care all and I look forward to your next updates xx

Ooh xanthe is a gorgeous name! Wow. Are you going to go to Leeds or huddersfield for the degree? I know a few people who did it at huddersfield (typical skinny minnies) my weight is why I didn't do textiles at school. The idea of having to measure myself and making things in my size was too scary! it is great you both have such plans :) what kind of fashions do you like?

Aww :( bye star. Don't stay away too long.

I lost 1.5lbs this week! Really pleased with that :) have now lost 2 stone 10.5lbs on slimming world and 4 stone 3.5lbs in total since I had my little boy just under 6 months ago. Jack will be 6 months old on Thursday and i've just started weaning him this week, so my extra healthy extras will decrease now, so let's see how that affects the scales (if it does at all!)

I'm booked off of weigh in for the next two weeks as I have weekends planned with friends, so don't have another official weigh in until three weeks from today. I've decided that that makes it the perfect time for me to start doing the 30 day shred, as any initial potential weight gain from the sudden exercise should be gone by my next weigh in and i'm determined that next time i'm in class i WILL be getting my 3 stone award, so no slacking for me in the next three weeks! I just did the first session, and let me tell you, it felt like a lot more than 20 minutes! There's a lot packed into one session! It was hard, but not quite as bad as I was expecting, I managed to do the advanced version of everything except the push ups, but my goal is to be able to do them by the end. Hopefully it will tone me up and get me well on my way to a size 12! My bridesmaids have booked me in to go wedding dress shopping in january so i want to be as close to a size 12 as possible for then :)

Hi Laura, welcome to the thread! I'm Sam and i'm 27. I had my first child, a little boy named Jack, 6 months ago on Thursday and he is the best thing that ever happened to me, I love him so much! His Dad Ben and I have been together for nearly 3 years and 3 months and we are getting married on 31st August next year. I've always been big as my mum has absolutely no idea of the meaning of the word 'moderation' and so I was brought up with ridiculous portion sizes. When i was 12 years old I was a size 12 and actually proud of it because I thought it meant I was turning into a woman... now I know I was just fat :( though I didn't realise this until I was 16 and a size 16 and it suddenly clicked that you didn't go up in sizes by your age because otherwise all the other kids would be the same size as me and they weren't! My main goals to lose weight are to be healthy for Jack so that I can run around with him when he's bigger (figured now was the best time to lose the weight before he gets mobile!) and to be able to have my next child in the birthing center, as I was made to have Jack in the labour ward because my BMI made me automaically 'high risk' and as a result (even though i had the most straight forward pregnancy ever) once Jack was born Ben had to b esent home and missed the first few hours of his life. If we had been in the birthing center he could have stayed with us all night, so that's what I want next time. Plus I want to get into a size 12 wedding dress for the big day! I slimmed down to a size 12 and 11 and a half stone without even trying for a few months when I was 19 because I was working 2 very active jobs during my gap year and walking to and from work every day too, but as soon as I started uni the exercise stopped and the lifestyle, along with a new contraceptive pill i was on meant i gained 6 stone in the next 5 years. I was happy and healthy at a size 12, so my ultimate goal is to get back into a size 12 and to get to 10 and a half stone which will bring me half a stone under the top end of my 'healthy' bmi range so i have a little wiggle room :) Anything else you want to know just ask! xx

Franalamadingdong said:
Ooh xanthe is a gorgeous name! Wow. Are you going to go to Leeds or huddersfield for the degree? I know a few people who did it at huddersfield (typical skinny minnies) my weight is why I didn't do textiles at school. The idea of having to measure myself and making things in my size was too scary! it is great you both have such plans :) what kind of fashions do you like?

Aww :( bye star. Don't stay away too long.

Thank you :) I did fashion and textiles at college back where I'm from (just south of Sheffield) but I'm so out of practice that I need to do another course to build up a portfolio so I can apply for Uni. I'm going to do the access course at leeds college of art and maybe go on to do fashion there. I would like to do some sort of textile design though but not sure if there's anywhere round here that has a decent course? I'm not in to any particular style, I just like creating different fabrics and things! Need to start using my sewing machine again I think!

sammyb1985 said:
I lost 1.5lbs this week! Really pleased with that :) have now lost 2 stone 10.5lbs on slimming world and 4 stone 3.5lbs in total since I had my little boy just under 6 months ago. Jack will be 6 months old on Thursday and i've just started weaning him this week, so my extra healthy extras will decrease now, so let's see how that affects the scales (if it does at all!)

I'm booked off of weigh in for the next two weeks as I have weekends planned with friends, so don't have another official weigh in until three weeks from today. I've decided that that makes it the perfect time for me to start doing the 30 day shred, as any initial potential weight gain from the sudden exercise should be gone by my next weigh in and i'm determined that next time i'm in class i WILL be getting my 3 stone award, so no slacking for me in the next three weeks! I just did the first session, and let me tell you, it felt like a lot more than 20 minutes! There's a lot packed into one session! It was hard, but not quite as bad as I was expecting, I managed to do the advanced version of everything except the push ups, but my goal is to be able to do them by the end. Hopefully it will tone me up and get me well on my way to a size 12! My bridesmaids have booked me in to go wedding dress shopping in january so i want to be as close to a size 12 as possible for then :)

Hi Laura, welcome to the thread! I'm Sam and i'm 27. I had my first child, a little boy named Jack, 6 months ago on Thursday and he is the best thing that ever happened to me, I love him so much! His Dad Ben and I have been together for nearly 3 years and 3 months and we are getting married on 31st August next year. I've always been big as my mum has absolutely no idea of the meaning of the word 'moderation' and so I was brought up with ridiculous portion sizes. When i was 12 years old I was a size 12 and actually proud of it because I thought it meant I was turning into a woman... now I know I was just fat :( though I didn't realise this until I was 16 and a size 16 and it suddenly clicked that you didn't go up in sizes by your age because otherwise all the other kids would be the same size as me and they weren't! My main goals to lose weight are to be healthy for Jack so that I can run around with him when he's bigger (figured now was the best time to lose the weight before he gets mobile!) and to be able to have my next child in the birthing center, as I was made to have Jack in the labour ward because my BMI made me automaically 'high risk' and as a result (even though i had the most straight forward pregnancy ever) once Jack was born Ben had to b esent home and missed the first few hours of his life. If we had been in the birthing center he could have stayed with us all night, so that's what I want next time. Plus I want to get into a size 12 wedding dress for the big day! I slimmed down to a size 12 and 11 and a half stone without even trying for a few months when I was 19 because I was working 2 very active jobs during my gap year and walking to and from work every day too, but as soon as I started uni the exercise stopped and the lifestyle, along with a new contraceptive pill i was on meant i gained 6 stone in the next 5 years. I was happy and healthy at a size 12, so my ultimate goal is to get back into a size 12 and to get to 10 and a half stone which will bring me half a stone under the top end of my 'healthy' bmi range so i have a little wiggle room :) Anything else you want to know just ask! xx

Well done! You have done so well so far!!!!

Well done! You have done so well so far!!!!

Thaks hunny! Only 2 stone 4.5lbs left to lose now, so just under two thirds of the way there! Feeling optimistic! :) xx

Ooh and I shared SOTW! :) xx

Just read through the newest magazine and promised myself I'll be 100% this week. I know I won't but I may as well start positively!

That 30 day shred is a nightmare. I hate that Jillian woman. She is my nemesis :p

I'm Clare, I'm 22 and I'm recently married (July this year). Starting a new job next week in logistics while studying part time to be an accountant 'cause I ****ed up my full time uni by not being able to handle a breakup.

I've always been big-ish. Not huge but not where I want to/should be. I've lost 9lb so far and hoping to lose about another 2.5st so I'm here for the long haul!

Ahh sammy you have done amazingly well, well done!! I gained around 4 stone in just over 3 year at Uni...which now I can't actually believe, it really did just creep on and the next thing I knew all I was wearing was leggings haha!!

Bloody cider and black!! Xx

Haha cider and black indeed! the devils drink! :) xx

Congrats on the SOTW, Sam! For the past 2 weeks I've been beaten to it by half a lb! One day...

So, a bit about me... I'm Emily, I'm 26 and I live in Feltham with my OH. It's not the loveliest place in the world but our flat is literally across the road from work so we save a lot of money being so close. I've been with my OH for coming up 2 years, although we met just after I finished uni and didn't cross paths again until 3 years ago! I have never been happier nor been with anyone so supportive. Unfortunately he's a cheese and mayo fiend and I have put on 2 stone since we moved in together. He's recently put some money away in a 1-year bond, which he has previously told me is for an engagement ring :eek:, and that's the kick up the arse I needed to get myself into shape! I also have a fair amount of titanium holding my lower spine in place and I'm sure carrying extra weight is no good for it.

I'm sure I've been dieting on and off my whole life. My mum has never been big (11st at her maximum I'd say, and she's 5' 6) but she has a terrible relationship with her weight which she has really passed on to me. She was anorexic in her youth and had a bout of bulimia about 8 years ago. She also suffers on and off with agitated depression, and she took a lot of it out on me. I remember her telling me I was fat when I was still in primary school uniform. My dad is lovely but fattist, and he would comment on what I was eating if it wasn't fresh fruit or veg. Altogether it's added up to a rather bad relationship with food, often binge eating when no one can see me. When I've dieted in the past I've got very panicky about eating, and then I've got panicky that I'll end up like my mum - so SW with its free and superfree food is perfect for me because it means I can eat without feeling guilty!

I'm feeling so much happier already. I've still got almost 3st to go so I'm in it for the long haul too!

Oh Sammy that's wonderful! Gosh you put me to shame! Nate had a lot of milk still whilst weaning so I wouldn't alter you healthy extras until he is taking less milk. Hope you have some fabby weekends! And i know what you mean about a 12 at 12 etc.

Hmm.. textile design I would have a look at huddersfield. Less glam than Leeds but a stronger textiles department. My dad did textiles there (but he did industrial textiles). At least you are already in the right part of the country for textiles. I'm from Halifax (born in bradford/bingley) there are some good btec courses there. I'm a bugger because I'm too lazy for sewing. Too much paying attention. I could knit in my sleep now and just pick it up as and when.

So excited. Mum text me to say she got me an I <3 ny t shirt! Woop Woop. They are back on the ship now for the next leg.

Emily that titanium in your spine sounds nasty! But yay for the engagement ring. Really glad you are developing a healthy attitude to food. It is strange how there is so much help for smokers and alcoholics, but people with food issues are just told to eat, or stop eating so much...

Back