At goal & now beyond... 5:2 officially rocks!

Hi Lexie
I've been reading your diary with interest. I am inspired by your determination and willpower. I currently go to weightwatchers to try and get about stone off but I seem to lose and gain the same five pounds. I also go to support my mum but I am starting a combination of weightwatchers with ADF tomorrow as I am getting tired of tracking every single day and I like the simplicity of ADF. I have tried 5:2 in the past but didn't succeed very well. To be fair I didn't give it chance and I overrate on the up days. Sorry to hijack your diary but I just wanted today hello!

Hi there you're more than welcome to hijack hon. Thanks for reading. I have found my way of life now, it's taken me 4 years to get to goal the last 2 years almost being this way after calorie counting. Good luck with your journey x

Thank you. Are you maintaining now? Can't believe how quiet this forum is now. It used to be so busy!

Thank you. Are you maintaining now? Can't believe how quiet this forum is now. It used to be so busy!

Yes more or less, I have a couple of pound Christmas gain to go & then this year it's about exercise for me which may alter my weight but I know how I want to look & it's less wobbly than this

Hi Lexie, just popping in. Can't believe how easy this WOL has become. Pommychic stick with it!

Hey honey, it really is isn't it, I like the fact I'm only grumpy 2 (sometimes 3) days a week rather than the 7 I was when only on 1200 calories a day to try & lose. Even maintenance for me was only 1400ish.

Fast day today, all planned out & trying to avoid carb as much as I can. Gym tonight, hoping to run but depends whether we can get a treadmill that isn't in the downstairs gym which is boiling, I only managed 13 minute run down there yesterday. It's also gonna be typical January fight for a machine with the people who will join & come for about 6 weeks! Drives me mad every year

Scales went horrendously high & yesterday morning at 10:9:2 I fasted, today was a more acceptable 10:7:4 & I'm fasting tomorrow & Wednesday again so am hoping to see 10:5 on Thursday when I officially weigh in.

So I wore my new top to the gym today, it's our Zumba saying View attachment 179286

So yesterday I was contacted by a journalist asking if I would sell my story to a women's magazine, she has 5 looking for weight loss stories. At first with her talking about me inspiring & helping people I was all for it but the more I sit & think about it the more I think I wouldn't cope with any criticism that may come off the back of it, or the possibility of people bitching about me selling out. I would never have approached a journo she came to me. I've answered her preliminary questions & she has photos but she can't do anything without a contract which I don't think I'm going to do. She's currently pitching me to the mags & says it would be a minimum of £250 which at first I thought would be great as it buys the furniture I need for my beauty room. I am very confused by it all to be honest.....

Hi Lexie, I can understand the temptation to do it. I think you're right about needing to be able to cope with the inevitable criticism though. Unfortunately some people are only too keen to make horrible comments, whether they have any truth or not. If you can ignore what is said then that's fine. Personally I would be easily hurt by comments so would probably avoid. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Hi Lexie, I can understand the temptation to do it. I think you're right about needing to be able to cope with the inevitable criticism though. Unfortunately some people are only too keen to make horrible comments, whether they have any truth or not. If you can ignore what is said then that's fine. Personally I would be easily hurt by comments so would probably avoid. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply & you're completely on my wavelength, I also spoke to the lovely Tracy who has the same opinion. The lady got quite pushy about tv appearances yesterday (which obviously make me & her more money) & at that point I thought no! So out of morbid curiosity I'm waiting to see what sort of offer it would be but I'm not doing it. I would rather stay supporting the people I want to & protecting myself. I have, however, ring my doctors surgery to see is they will let me run a support group for patients there. I'm waiting for a call back x

I wouldn't personally do the journo thing. Just because I'm (you wouldn't know it) fairly private. I barely tell anyone anything, never even posted on FaceyB about weight loss. However, you have done amazeballs and you motivate me everyday, so it' only fair that we share you :)

The support group thing sounds like a wonderful idea. Were they looking for someone or did you just ring speculatively?

I wouldn't personally do the journo thing. Just because I'm (you wouldn't know it) fairly private. I barely tell anyone anything, never even posted on FaceyB about weight loss. However, you have done amazeballs and you motivate me everyday, so it' only fair that we share you :)

The support group thing sounds like a wonderful idea. Were they looking for someone or did you just ring speculatively?

I just rang as it's something I have been pondering for a while, I suppose I post on FB re weight loss to put 2 fingers up to all the people who didn't believe I could do it. I'm not as confident as I may appear, far from it! They didn't ring back. One of my things is that when I started my journey as most of you know the Docs had prescribed orlistat and just handed me a prescription & they have said how I'm one of very few success stories & I believe that is because people don't know what they are doing with it. Even if I just go in & talk to some people about that. I hate hate hate how much money the diet industry makes on people that are so unhappy

I ran for 30 minutes, well I say ran 6.6kph (4.1mph) isn't technically running but I'm taking it, I ache like anything now though & am currently bubbled up soaking in the bath (don't panic there is no photo to follow )

Then I did some more weight as need to tone the flabby arms up! Work in progress though as you'll see....

I have messaged journalist lady turning down the opportunity, I really don't want to do it so I'm messing her around by letting her pitch my story aren't I?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ooh, looking very strong there, Lexie! You know I agree with you about the journalist, hon - you would have to be very strong to be able to weather any negative feedback, and I've never yet seen that sort of article which doesn't have any - people are just mean online! :(

Great idea about the weight loss support group at the doctor's, they really do need to take people up on offers like that when they get them. :) xx

Journalist says she has already put the pitch in so can I just wait & see what offers are before I decide. Well I've already decided but if she wants to wait I'm curious what I'm worth lol.

Hardly guns Stacey but I'm working on them, I wish it was easy to tone the bottom of my arms up though.

My scales were 10:5:8 this morning so lowest I've seen since Christmas which made me happy. Shins are aching today which I'm sure is the running but just got to carry on & work through it... Spinning tonight!

Well 10:6:2 this morning which is same as last weeks official so with a fast to do today I should see a loss, ideally wanted all my Christmas gain gone but it won't be, never mind there's always next week!

Ran again last night 29 minutes 3.3km so I'm happy with that, then I did weights again. Day off gym today as college tonight, got to hand my assignment in - nervous!!!!!

So official weigh in was 10:5:2 so 1lb loss but considering on Saturday morning i was 10:9:2 I should be happy but we all know me

Had a huge exercise day today went something like this;

School drop off
Walk back from beauticians
Walk the dog
Gym (3.5km run & weights)
School pick up
Walk to Zumba
Do Zumba
Walk home from Zumba

This resulted in 24000 steps & a burn of 1000 calories. I am however absolutely starving! Roll on breakfast!

Back