FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

aaw funcurls,never mind ,i agree with everyone else and itl soon be off this week.good idea about 1/2 ss,i might try that,i figured for the last 3 months or so im hovering around and i really need a big loss,been ok this week but wel see on sat.
you have done amazingly well so far,just think how far youve come.my heaviest was 15 st 5lb just after i had my 2nd son,hes now just turned 7 and im now 11st 9lb ,so when i look at it like that i feel proud.keep the good work going and il be eargerly reading your diary,might pinch some meal ideas ,lol,x

Similar stats to me then hun, I started at 15 st 12, maybe even topped 16 st (cut right back the week leading up to first WI!!) and now I'm heading for the low 11 st range! A relatively new kid on the block in my class was looking at some b4/after pics of me on a big board my C had displayed from Woman of the year award last year and she was gobsmacked and said "you look like a different person, I knew you'd lost weight but you look like someone who's always been skinny"!! I nearly fell off my chair!!! So I think we have to listen to the compliments and pat ourselves on the back for coming so far!! And does it really matter how long it takes to shift the last few pounds?!! The problem is, with that attitude it's no wonder I'm kind of maintaining!! I do need a big push to get to the finishing line!!!X

Hey great food diaries... I have noticed like last year y were having 4 laughing co squares and for a hex a it is 5... I love them so wouldn't wanna miss out. Although you may have found out since then I apologise if you have! Keep up the good work and great posts! Xx

Hi hun, yeh I did know, I think it was more of a case of that's how many I had left in the box after dh had his grubby paws on them lol!! But thanks for pointing it out!! Hope you're OK!!XXXXXXX

Last thing I saw at the cinema was Kick Ass - that is the price you pay for 2 young kids

ahhhhhhhhh actually I lie I took my eldest to see Toy Story 3 just me and him. What did you see? Was it good?

Red I adooorrrre TS3, infact all the TS films, so much so I would say they are my favourite animated films ever and I luurrve animated films! Can't wait for Cars 2!! Cried my eyes out in the first one when they went back in time and reflected on when the town was in its prime!! Re TS3, the question is will Bonnie look after the toys?!! I'm not entirely sure I trust the girl!!!X

Week 73- Day 1 (Tues)- Green- Day off.

Brunch (had big lie-in!) 11.30am- 2 Chocolate Weetabix (HEXb1 +2 syns) with 175ml skimmed milk (1/2 HEXa). Fresh strawberries and pineapple.

Mid afternoon- 3.30pm- Thai Mugshot (0.5 syns). A mango fat free Activia Snackpot. 4 baby clementines.

Tea- 6.30pm- 2 stuffed garlic and spinach mushrooms (2 large flat mushrooms with fresh spinach, crushed garlic, nutmeg and 14g parmesan (1/2 HEXa) Large salad of mixed leaves, rocket, sliced red onion, green pepper, tomato, beetroot and 28g avocado (2.5 syns). A pot of Tesco Light Choices grilled pepper pesto cottage cheese. A little of dh's Morrisons instant mustard mash (0.5 syns max) and a few peas! A comice pear. A baby clementine.

Choc Deluxe HIFI bar (HEXb1) and a Dark chocolate Highlights drink (2 syns).

Total syns 7.5.

To be continued.....

Last edited:
wow,what a lovely compliment,you must of been thrilled.all i get is"leanne,dont lose any more weight" or "youve gone to far" or "your looking gaunt".me myself feel ok where i am ,but i still want to see 10 st somthing on my scales been seeing 11st somthing for the past twelve months now and its getting annoying.i feel ok as i am but i feel like one of those boo bahs,do you remember the kiddies programme a few years back? they have a massive belly,well thats me ,lol,every week for god knows how long i always got things on,like this weekend its my sons 9th birthday so we going out for a meal,il tend to enjoy it then feel guilty after:( , what do you do.i think as long as im seeing 10st somthing by june i should be happy.......or will i?

Have to catch up on a few diaries on here, but have to go pick up the kids...will be back tonight :)
Just wanted to comment on your diary and don't worry about the small gain and you know where it came from. Just make sure to get right back on plan otherwise you'll end up like me having 2 weeks off plan and struggling to jump back on.
Good luck hun :)

gonnabesmall said:
wow,what a lovely compliment,you must of been thrilled.all i get is"leanne,dont lose any more weight" or "youve gone to far" or "your looking gaunt".me myself feel ok where i am ,but i still want to see 10 st somthing on my scales been seeing 11st somthing for the past twelve months now and its getting annoying.i feel ok as i am but i feel like one of those boo bahs,do you remember the kiddies programme a few years back? they have a massive belly,well thats me ,lol,every week for god knows how long i always got things on,like this weekend its my sons 9th birthday so we going out for a meal,il tend to enjoy it then feel guilty after:( , what do you do.i think as long as im seeing 10st somthing by june i should be happy.......or will i?

You're just like me! I just long to be 10 stone sumink! It will be such a big achievement as I haven't been under 11st since U was 16! I HAVE to do it! It's not far away, but it feels miles away if that makes sense! Cmon Leanne we can both do this! The gr8 news is we both know we can maintain our current weights because we've been doing it for months! That's an achievement in itself! X

Oh dear, poor thing! But be under no illusions! I know my diary often shows 3 breaks, but on some long days we only get one break and sometimes only a few mins to grab something! But overall I think we do have it easier- I certainly couldn't go back to ward work now I've been ITU-ised! X

I'm good thank you :D Sorry to hear about your gain, but I bet it will be gone in no time. Good luck with this week!
So, how was the film?x

Meli said:
Have to catch up on a few diaries on here, but have to go pick up the kids...will be back tonight :)
Just wanted to comment on your diary and don't worry about the small gain and you know where it came from. Just make sure to get right back on plan otherwise you'll end up like me having 2 weeks off plan and struggling to jump back on.
Good luck hun :)

Thanks Meli, my gain has spurred me on to be extra vigilant and to be totally 100% this week! Today has been a good day! I hope you're back on track too! I know you're going to have a good loss next week! X

This is the normal set break. Not even a one off. In today and then 3 days off thank god!! Xx

We're entitiled to 1 hour break split over the shift! We work 12.5 hours and get paid for 11.5 of that! If we don't get our full hour break in theory we are entitled to time owing! I know that some trusts DO get paid for the full 12.5 which makes it harder to complain! Your paid colleagues should definitely complain to their unions if they DON'T get paid for the full 12.5 hours! At least if they can't ever physically get their breaks or the ward manager doesn't allow it they should get time owing (and be allowed to use it!!)X

Week 73- Day 2 (Wed)- Green- Night shift (7.30pm-8am).

Lie-in in preparation for nights!

Late breakfast- Apple (gala) baked in microwave with 1 tbspn mincemeat, cinnamon and sweetener (HEXb1). Some blueberries.

Mid afternoon- Smash pizza (Base made with Smash, added a little rosemary, salt and pepper, topped with tomato puree (0.5 syns), red onion, red pepper, mushroom, a little fresh pineapple and 14g grated cheddar- 1/2HEXa1). Refuse to syn the pineapple!! Also a generous slice of chickpea dahl loaf (have been having a cooking session!) 4 mini clementines.

Tea before work- 6pm- 2 chocolate Weetabix (HEXb +2 syns) with 175ml skimmed milk (1/2 HEXb2) and sliced banana.

Work break- Smash pizza- see earlier today (1/2 HEXa for 14g cheddar). Chickpea dahl loaf (chickpea dahl, Batchelors savoury rice and eggs baked in loaf tin) with salad (mixed leaves, rocket, red onion, 28g avocado (2.5 syns), green pepper, beetroot) Tiger Tiger red thai dressing (0.5 syns). A cherry Activia fat free Snackpot.

Total syns 5.5 (subject to change!)

Last edited:
That chickpea dahl loaf sounds GENIUS! And also, chocolate Weetabix counts as a HEb?! xx

LittleSausage said:
That chickpea dahl loaf sounds GENIUS! And also, chocolate Weetabix counts as a HEb?! xx

Yes defo try the chickpea dahl loaf! I haven't done it for ages! It's nice hot or cold! And yes choc Weetabix are a Hexb for 2 but you have to add 2 syns! So 4 syns for each additional bisc! Yummmmm! X

Excellent! Do you have a recipe?
Am not really a big cereal eater, but chocolate for breakfast sounds good! x

Back