FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Thanks guys for the good vibes, but sadly I STS! Gutted because 3 weeks ago I was 1lb lighter, the last 2 weeks I have largely blamed *week and after a 100% week I honestly believed it would be a good loss, so yes I am disappointed! I actually threw my SW book down in anger/frustration this morning and needed counselling from dh! Clairey I know how you feel! On, off, on, off! But we WILL keep soldiering on and we WILL get there! XxX

throwing books Funcurls!!!! OMFG do not make me come and tell you the SW patterns you have! :) hope The Pup sorted you out my lovely xxx

Thanks guys for the good vibes, but sadly I STS! Gutted because 3 weeks ago I was 1lb lighter, the last 2 weeks I have largely blamed *week and after a 100% week I honestly believed it would be a good loss, so yes I am disappointed! I actually threw my SW book down in anger/frustration this morning and needed counselling from dh! Clairey I know how you feel! On, off, on, off! But we WILL keep soldiering on and we WILL get there! XxX

We will, we will!

Ellebear said:
throwing books Funcurls!!!! OMFG do not make me come and tell you the SW patterns you have! :) hope The Pup sorted you out my lovely xxx

Hehe I know, I was being a right diva and The Pup was a bit shocked lol! He was very helpful, he's good at seeing things as they are and he reminded me that the last 8lb are probably about 10 times harder to lose than the first 8lb and that maintaining isn't such a bad thing at this stage and that as you say Ellebear my pattern has always been a strange one and I've come this far I'm not exactly going to give up now! Oh well, there's always next week, but after taster night last night in class followed by naughty late night blue cheese and Minstrels at home I'm gunna have to be 100%! Luckily I have nothing much on and working long hours (yup, back to reality, but that's probably a good thing!) Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun so provided I am organised on the food front nothing should stop me!! X

I am glad the Diva strop has ceased - i was wondering what demands would be next - Mineral water baths, and getting someone to remove the syns from All foods!!! :)

Glad The Pup was there to reason with the Diva in you! :) i think you need to get it all in perspective - as tough as that sounds - you have done staggeringly well.

You exercise - lots - its fabulous - but exercise only helps to lose an additional 1-2lbs a month more than healthy eating (my C told me this stat!)

You eat very good foods -and are on EE - i think mixing it up a little might jolt your body - reduce the carbs by doing Red days, then a green day for your carb fix, then EE - i bet a week of total change will deliver a loss.

Drink water? do you drink lots???? I have not had any yet so cant preach on this one today!!!

Speed foods - 4 a day please. From now on. Marked clearly in the food diary in a nice bright colour :)

Syns - are these being used wisely?? what do you have your syns on? time for a switch on this too?

HEA and HEB - this week, have 2 new choices on each!!!! :D

There you go - Hev's plan of action - now i want the RESULTS!!! xxx

Ellebear said:
I am glad the Diva strop has ceased - i was wondering what demands would be next - Mineral water baths, and getting someone to remove the syns from All foods!!! :)

Glad The Pup was there to reason with the Diva in you! :) i think you need to get it all in perspective - as tough as that sounds - you have done staggeringly well.

You exercise - lots - its fabulous - but exercise only helps to lose an additional 1-2lbs a month more than healthy eating (my C told me this stat!)

You eat very good foods -and are on EE - i think mixing it up a little might jolt your body - reduce the carbs by doing Red days, then a green day for your carb fix, then EE - i bet a week of total change will deliver a loss.

Drink water? do you drink lots???? I have not had any yet so cant preach on this one today!!!

Speed foods - 4 a day please. From now on. Marked clearly in the food diary in a nice bright colour :)

Syns - are these being used wisely?? what do you have your syns on? time for a switch on this too?

HEA and HEB - this week, have 2 new choices on each!!!! :D

There you go - Hev's plan of action - now i want the RESULTS!!! xxx

Thank you sooo much for this, most supportive weight loss buddy in the entire universe!! FACT!!

It does make sense for me to mix things up a bit! Infact I've made the decision to try some red days this week, reduce my carbs and trick my bod! That'll teach it!! Looking forward to the challenge infact, and it'll be nice to have the extra HEX's! As you suggest I will follow that pattern so at least I get a carb fix day!

I think I have quite a few speed foods already but I'll make a point of making a conscious effort to have lots and superspeed too, and a good idea to highlight them in my diary to increase awareness!

Water is something I've never had a problem with- I drink loads, probably about 4 litres a day! I'm actually a bit of a freak in that sense!

My friend has a personal trainer who told her that 70-80% of what we do to lose weight is food-related, which whilst reassuring that good food with little exercise can get results, it is a bit soul-destroying sometimes when the bigger efforts of exercise don't pay off on the scales, but I guess we have to see beyond that and not get hung up about it but rather concentrate on the favour it's doing our health, well-being, fitness, measurements and toning! I do need to do more than just walking though- I need to do some kick-ass stuff like you do!!

Syns- hmmm well I tend to use them on a variety of things really, sometimes sauces/dressings/oil, sometimes things with some free food content but some synnage like smoked mackerel or packets of Ainsley couscous, sometimes extra HEXs, occasionally icecream/chocolate/cake! Most days I stay under my syns as I know that there will be the odd day that I exceed them!

Thanks for giving me my plan of action! I feel much more motivated now! I have been repping people left, right and centre but STILL it won't let me rep you yet! I am working on it!!

PS For 3 days I have been waiting for my magic sausage and finally this morning it arrived, inconveniently 1 day too late for WI! It was a good one too! The peculiar shape of our antiquated toilet bowl struggled to accommodate it it was THAT substantial! That could definitely have given me a good 1lb loss had it been considerate enough to arrive yesterday! Pfft! Soz for the overshare, but I know you appreciate these matters XxX

Good advice from Ellebear!

Don't let that STS get you down, it should motivate you to just keep pushing harder. Don't think about touching the biscuit or chocolates in frustration as that will only make you feel better temporarily and not in the long run--trust me!!!

Meli said:
Good advice from Ellebear!

Don't let that STS get you down, it should motivate you to just keep pushing harder. Don't think about touching the biscuit or chocolates in frustration as that will only make you feel better temporarily and not in the long run--trust me!!!

Thanks Meli chick, you are also muchas supportivas! It's very much appreciated XxX

Well tears of laughter are now flowing down my face.....whilst work colleagues look on in surprise!! Your comments about the size of your sausage etc :D what are you like!!!
I can only reiterate everything that has been said hunny, those last 8lbs will be the most trying and hardest but inevitabley the most rewarding at the end.
You have achieved so very much and don't focus on those STS and odd gains but the journey that has brought you to only 8lb from goal. I don't think at the start of the journey you ever dreamed it was actually possibly, we all hope to achieve what you have and your are an inspiration to many.

Bigs hugs Heather((()))
xxx

Week 84- Day 1 (Tues)- Red- Day off.

Breakfast- 28g Shreddies (HEXb1) with a sliced banana and 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa1).

Lunch- Chicken salad (cold chicken breast (S) with piri-piri spices, mixed leaves (S/SF), spring onion (S/SF), cherry tomatoes (S/SF), red pepper (S/SF), 2 hard-boiled eggs, 1 tbspn xl salad cream- 1 syn). Activia raspberry fat free snackpot.

Tea- Bolognese made with xl minced beef, onion (S), garlic, tomatoes (S/SF) , Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree. (0.5 syns for tom puree). Served over 35g cooked wholewheat spaghetti (HEXb2), steamed spring greens (S/SF) and broccoli (S/SF) with 28g cheddar melted on top (HEXa2). Meringue nest (2.5 syns) with 0% Total yogurt with sweetener, strawberries (SS/SF) and Eat Smart squirty cream (1.5 syns).

Skimmed milk in cups of tea (<1/2 HEXa1).

Total syns 5.5.

9 speed and 1 superspeed foods!

Last edited:
see,theres a lovely sounding tea,i would of never of thought of that,how you feeling doing a red day,are you hungry?

Hi Leanne!

Noop not hungry yet! But the evening munchies haven't kicked in yet!! I tucked into a huuuge salad and the chicken and hard-boiled eggs really filled me up! I will have a substantial portion of bolognese
/veg this evening which Im sure will keep the wolf from the door! With the extra HEX's I think I'm going to embrace these red days like old friends!!!X

why not use HEB choice number 2 and have some frylight potato wedges to go with your dinner tonight?? xxx

why not use HEB choice number 2 and have some frylight potato wedges to go with your dinner tonight?? xxx

Ooh could do Elle!! Actually I have a few left over cooked Jersey new potatoes in a bowl in the fridge! Maybe I'll have these warmed through or frylighted!! So I can have 198g right?! I need to read my book again which I think will be really good for me! Thanks!! Please could you check through and see if my red day otherwise looks OK to you? It's not finished yet, I may have a bit more fruit X

Last edited:
Ooh could do Elle!! Actually I have a few left over cooked Jersey new potatoes in a bowl in the fridge! Maybe I'll have these warmed through or frylighted!! So I can have 198g right?! I need to read my book again which I think will be really good for me! Thanks!! Please could you check through and see if my red day otherwise looks OK to you? It's not finished yet, I may have a bit more fruit X

227g of baking potatoes with skin on is a B on Red days.

198g of new potatoes - or parsnips!!! so yes you are correct, you could have your jerseys!!!

Everything else looks spot on babes - up the fruit and its win win! xxx

Well tears of laughter are now flowing down my face.....whilst work colleagues look on in surprise!! Your comments about the size of your sausage etc :D what are you like!!!
I can only reiterate everything that has been said hunny, those last 8lbs will be the most trying and hardest but inevitabley the most rewarding at the end.
You have achieved so very much and don't focus on those STS and odd gains but the journey that has brought you to only 8lb from goal. I don't think at the start of the journey you ever dreamed it was actually possibly, we all hope to achieve what you have and your are an inspiration to many.

Bigs hugs Heather((()))
xxx

Thanks sooooo much Claire for the lurrvly words of kindness and encouragement!! We've been at this game a long time now haven't we chick, and you are very much an inspiration yourself!! I think we should be very proud of ourselves because we're still here, not at target/goal yet, but still in the running and living a far healthier life than we did before we started, so that should be a celebration in itself!! I've posted on your diary already, but have a fab holiday in The Lakes!! I'm well and truly envious!!XXXXXXXX

Well thanks to Ellebear I am full of the joys of Spring and feeling positive and excited about having some red days!! Day 1 has been very easy! I feel full and satisfied and it was really lovely having the extra HEXs and I felt I didn't need to have too many syns, infact for some reason I was racking my brain trying to think how I could get some syns in which is why I went for the meringue/squirty cream strawberry dessert! I plan to have 3 more red days this week then 1 green day on Saturday when I'm on a night shift, then EE days Sunday (also a night shift) and going into Monday which will be WI day and I won't have eaten much as I will be sleeping some of the day! Hopefully my body will be tricked and will respond to the changes by giving me a WEIGHT LOSS!! Did you hear that body, a LOSS! Not a gain, or a STS, a LOSS!!!X

Back