January 6th 2007, Newcastle upon Tyne!!

Wuss...... you southeners wot you like....LOL - you'll be telling me you only drink shandy next....LOL;) ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(just kiddin!!!):D

Yep! Vodka shandy! :cool: :D

As for what I'll be wearing, probably trousers/top on both nights .. but might pack a skirt too in case I feel brave :rolleyes: (I'll still be wearing a coat on top though *lol*)

Mmmmm vodka shandy sounds good....LOL!!!!

I know this is a real 'tight ar$e' question but given my current financial situation I was wondering how hot the doormen are about checking handbags - actually looking in them and checking them? The reason I ask is because I was planning on taking a small bottle of vodka out with me.....:eek: sad and tight I know but needs must :rolleyes:

Isobel or Nikki I guess will be best to answer this question - or the others who've been before......

Thanks girls.....its either BYO (bring your own) or not come at all - which my sensible head is saying but I so don't wanna miss this.....been looking forward to it since whenever this thread started....:D

Love

I've never had my bag checked, just be careful when filling your glass.

Thanks Nikki - I might not do it but it's an option - may just have a few in the room first then be sensible and drink singles as opposed to my usual doubles:eek: Mind you sister reckons it's cheaper 'oop north'....LOL - hope she's right.....:D

well having a drink before you go out is just as good as long as you can last lol. I'm skint too, I should ss and just have water and take my car to save taxi money but I'm going to drink cider (cos it's chaper than vodka) and will splash out on the £20 taxi fare and pretend its my birthday present to myself lol.

I just realised this morning I have to renew my car tax this month too! Oh well you can't worry about money all the time can you as long as it's not splashing out too much too often.

oh and I haven't really been anywhere else drinking to know if it's cheaper, it probably depends which bars you go in though

I am Caz.. s'not that difficult really.. honest...well.. ok.. mebbe it is..:rolleyes: :eek: but I'm doing it anyway.. lol :D

Thanks Jennie, but no I've made my decision Ha Ha, it wasn't hard to decide, I'm drinking and cuz i'm drinking I'll be having food, gonna do my 3 portions of CD each day also.

looking forward to meeting everybody, whether SS'ing or not. Sending willpower vibes in advance to the one's who are SS'ing yer stronger than me..

Cheers Caz

I've just checked the route on AA website and it's gonna be a SIX hour drive - yikes!!!!!!

Hiya Karen, jeez I thought I was coming from far away but 6hrs drive ..... my god I could get anywhere in Ireland in under 6hrs even the furthest pennisuala over the west, and i'm on the east coast. LOL

Caz

And mine will be a JD Frenzy! lol

YAY! I knew I should have put a bottle in my bag last November :rolleyes: :D

I was supposed to be SSing from today, but 'had' to go out at lunchtime :eek: ...... seems a shame to waste a good JD opportunity......

Excellent, I'm glad to find other whiskey/bourbon drinkers, if Jameson isn't available, JD is my second favourite drink in the world, followed by pints of cider....i'm a classy bird me LOL

oh yuk I hate whisky, even just the smell of it. i will be drinking cider though, don't want to end up toooo drunk

oh yuk I hate whisky, even just the smell of it. i will be drinking cider though, don't want to end up toooo drunk

One sniff of cider and I'm off!!!! Maybe I should drink cider....it'd be a cheap night .....LOL!!!

I'm with you Kati on the whiskey....yeeeuck......;)

I used to be a G&T girl.... then I lost the weight and can't stand the taste anymore! Have discovered I don't seem to get hangovers with JD (or southern comfort apparently... not too fussed!)

Mind you, being married to a Scot, you'd think I drank Malts ... yeuch!

I used to be a G&T girl.... then I lost the weight and can't stand the taste anymore! Have discovered I don't seem to get hangovers with JD (or southern comfort apparently... not too fussed!)

Mmmmmm southern comfort.....now that I can drink although I haven't for a while now.....:D

Love

I've never had my bag checked but haven't taken a wee small bottle of voddy out in me bag since I was too pizzed to put the top back on it properly and leaked all over the Akenside pub floor.

Ooops!

I don't get hangovers on JD either...only extreme tiredness!! (unless I have more than 2...lol)

Debbie...is Jem coming too?? Hope so

I've never had my bag checked but haven't taken a wee small bottle of voddy out in me bag since I was too pizzed to put the top back on it properly and leaked all over the Akenside pub floor.

Ooops!

Oh No!!! its always packed in there though so no one will have noticed where it came from....unless they saw the drips from your bag. Dont like the stairs to the toilets in there when youre drunk though! nearly got pushed down them once ouch!

Back