M-Mouse's Droppings

"muffins" - do you use a different recipe to get many of them? Or little ones perhaps? (I want more muffins so that I can have them for breakfast and snack without necessarily cutting down on breakfast!)

No I just chuck stuff in and make fairly small ones - they look a bit pathetic compared to other peoples pictures. I was trying to show off and not eat all my muffins at once like I usually do, because Emm splits hers over the day:D

I was trying to show off and not eat all my muffins at once like I usually do, because Emm splits hers over the day:D

Aw mouse, I'm sorry if I've made you jealous with my multi muffin days! I don't think you use wheatbran do you? I've been using dd's toffee muffin recipe, so they're bulked out with wheatbran and skimmed milk powder etc - perhaps that's why I get more out of them. My trays aren't massive, so the mixture usually makes 10 for 2 days. I know I could probably eat them all in one go if I wanted but I think I'd be too full afterwards and they suit me for breakfast so well I wouldn't want to give up my pudding!

PV Food today

B - smoked salmon omletter
l - smoked mackerel & green salad
d - chicken breast (350g) baked with bsquash and mushrooms
s - goji muffintops

I must admit that I don't like that toffee muffin recipe (cos both brans, Muller Lite + skimmed milk powder is high in carbs)! Certainly not for newbies! But Emma's losing well so all well and good for her. As a slow loser, I'll stay away...

I daren't eat less for breakfast by splitting my muffins, in case it upsets my applecart and makes me hungry.

I am loving muffins and yes like you Jo they are breakfast for me. I make vanila ones and choc.

Mouse how are things going for you?

Bren
X

Hi everyone. Things are going well thanks Bren. Just arrived at home to carry on working after a meeting but feeling the urge to go an make some muffins! At least they are quick! I am going to try and avoid smoked mackerel for the rest of the week as showing +3 after a fishy interlude yesterday!!

It does make a difference i think mouse, which is a shame as smoked mackerel is just so easy and convenient! Don't worry about the +3, it's all water!

Like my previous Thursday am weigh ins, showing the spoils of a smoked salmon + prawn salad; last night's liver + onion one was far kinder on the eye :D

oooh speaking of "kind on the eye", check out Vicky's pics Mouse. She's a knockout! We'll have to stop her dieting soon too, cos she looks great as she is. Don't tell her I said though ;)

I saw on FB - absolutely stunning - but as for getting off with half of Boyzone in the lift:D

The fishy lbs are gone now - I hadn't really associated it before (but thought of it when you said about the salmon) but will watch it now - trouble is I rarely trough less than a whole pack of mackerel at once :D

At home all day today so currently baking chicken, buttenut and mushrooms for breakfast, due to there only being one egg in the house - and I can't sit around waiting for the girls to lay to have my breakfast! (DD is doing Slimming world and seems to be eating all my precious eggs!!)

The fishy lbs are gone now - I hadn't really associated it before (but thought of it when you said about the salmon) but will watch it now - trouble is I rarely trough less than a whole pack of mackerel at once :D

You can get tinned Mackerel in brine from Asda and Tesco (not seen it elsewhere yet), in smaller 125g tins... and also less fat/salt. I now always keep one in my emergency backup stash, and it's delicious just on top of shredded lettuce. Not quite the same as smoked of course, but nice too.

morning Kim xxx can i see this sausage pic :D

Mouse is feeling rather anxious because she has run out of goji berries and so had to have cinammon muffins today. Waitrose here I come (after pilates).

you and Jo are addicted. are they real nice?

Just dried they are horrid but nice and squishy in muffins (Jo I have given up soaking them and they come out the same!)

I made goji muffins for the first time last night and i love them! they work so well in the muffins - the raisins in the ones my mum made all sunk to the bottom so i thought the gojis would be the same but no - they stay well distributed throughout. what a lovely change to have a berry muffin!

Back