M-Mouse's Droppings

in a former life i would still be at the trough

<I enjoy being at the trough though, darn it>

You did brilliantly Mouse. Can you not bring something along with you to whoooosh surreptitiously onto your plate? (they'll all have their faces so deep into their own nosebags, they'll not notice you with yours...)

Friday, I'm going to visit my friend who lost her husband. She's an excellent cook and last time we visited was an orgie of delicious flavours and different wines with each of the four courses. To keep things easy for her (and me!), I simply said that I'd bring the food. She immediately corrected me and said "bring YOUR food, and I'll do something for me and your OH". <So if he's having lots of nice stuff, I'm planning a whole chicken... maybe a flock of them! hihi! I'll also have a protein breakfast, so I can bring my easily transportable won't go off muffins for extras/treats/snacks if feeling deprived!>

Wow Mouse, impressive effort. Maybe it's a blessing that you didn't get to stay over? Anyway hope the conference is worth it! Hope you had a good day!

Thanks for the support everyone. Managed to get away jsut after lunch today.

Another pv day:

B - 3 muffins
l - salmon and pepper brochettes, beef koftas
d - butternut and chicken soup

s - remaining 3 muffins

Thank you all for being lovely and supportive again this week; I hope you all have a nice weekend.

I need to plant raspberry canes 60-70 tomorrow, as well as my new pear tree and mulberyy bush. Later on I am dropping DD at my Mum's as she is going out with friends and staying at Mum's overnight, so she can get to work easily on Sunday - we are going to an away rugby match.

Not a lot planned food wise this weekend, but 3 pp days for me after my 3 PV days whilst on my conference. I am quite shattered TBH having spent 12 hours travelling over the last couple of days!

oh dear mouse hope you ok

Yes I'm ok thanks everyone - just the usual pains etc. My consultant is sending me to see the dietician on the 21st - hope I'm not letting myself in for a b********g / an opportunity for someone to tell me what a lardarse I am :)

Aw, Mouse, I really do hope they can help you with those digestive problems. Sounds as though you're having a pretty bad time with it.

In any case, they shouldn't be criticising you, they should be encouraging you. You're doing something about your weight, so if they do make any annoying, idiotic remarks, just ignore them.

Absolutely agree with DD... whatever the medical profession might think about low carb dieting in general, and this one in particular, they can't deny that it's gotta be better for us all to weigh less!

Mouse - are you around at Easter? (I'm going to be in YOUR area on Easter Monday morning - wanted some advice re where to go to show OH, who's never been to the area - and thought we might be able to meet for a coffee. No specifics on board though - our fan base might include "weirdos"(!) so PM me if you've some ideas please!

How funny that your away rugby game was in my home town! :D

Here is my food for the day.

B - 2 courgette & goji cinnamon muffins (you're right Jo, they would be delicious toasted)
l - 3 skinless chicken thigh fillets & 6 asparagus spears (cue smelling like a camel):D
d - chicken breast & sprouts
s - 3 muffins

This is day one of three pv days; I am doing them amongst other reasons because I am meant to be keeping a food diary for when I see the dietician on Monday and I thought if my diary includes veg every day, I don't look quite such a weirdo!

Been really busy in work this week, but I am wfh on Thursday this week and maybe tomorrow afternoon.

Planted lots of seedlings at the weekend but none of them have come up yet - a bit soon I guess, but it is so nice and warm in my greenhouse! I was jsut cross with myself becasue I had to clear out all the dead plants from last year first - I really am going to clear it out before the winter this year!

Encouraged by Jo I bought some beetroot today to grate into my muffins for tomorrow - I will see how they turn out, but they didn't look very chocolatey, only containing a teaspoon of the reduced fat cocoa! I am a bit miffed though that I forgot to put any dried milk powder in them, because I think that 'makes' my muffins - but then I guess it doesn't take a lot, since I don't put the wheatbran in, so they don't contain much!

the chickens are behaving rather nicely now - totally 'pavloved' and put themselves to bed at night - what a bonus!

Are you like me with seedlings? I go and check on them approximately every hour, just in case they've started sprouting. I am so impatient! ;-)

Can't wait to hear how the beetroot works in those muffins.

And well done on training your chickens to behave!

Am I the only one drooling at the thought of strawberry pavlova?

I'm glad you mentioned your greenhouse, Mouse, else it's a bit early to be planting outside! Where my country place is, it's been known to freeze in May even so we hold off until later and later each year. (And we're now eating the (second batch of) carrots we planted in August only!).

:D

Morning! Yes pavlova came to my mind too!
The muffins were delicious - not chocolatey enough (only 1 tspn of cocoa) but the beetroot took on a kind of fruity flavour - delicious!

recipe for your muffins Manda? :) what's the idea of the courgettes and beetroots anyways?...noticed a veggie theme in your baking of late :) x

hope you're having a good day xx

Back