M-Mouse's Droppings

Thanks everyone. Went ok - I wasn't told I was a lard arse or to lose weight. She seemed to think my diet was fine but I ought to drink less and eat more :) She was very young and not convinced she knew that much. I had to take a three day food diary with me and she asked if I ate the smoked mackerel bones!! Er no.... I had to explain the difference between tinned fish bones and fresh (I suppose the mackerel is still fresh even if it smoked) fish bones LOL!

It's hard to put one's faith in a member of the medical profession who knows less about food that we do... ;)

My GP is upset at how much I drink too... Interesting that yours raised that as an issue too as I thought mine was the only one who banged on about THAT being the reason for my water retention rather than anything else...

So what happens next Mousey?

Well she is going to feed my food diary into her computer to see what if anything I am lacking and also check what was missing according to my last bloods. In the meantime I may choke to death on fish bones!!!! I bet she has never even eaten it - has just read that it's good to eat pilchard bones from the tin!! She is going to send me some analysis when she has done it and follow up in 6-8 weeks.

As we've said before, I'm sure we're all lacking this or that, but who isn't judging from the content of supermarket trolleys I drool into wherever I shop...

And, whatever I'm lacking now, is far less than when I was "EATING" (voluntary capitals)...

Very true. I did say to her that whilst I might be quite selective on what I eat, the stuff that does go in is good food and with my limited veg etc I do think about what I am going to have to try and balance things out. - which reminds me I must go and pick some more sprouts from the garden. I tried feeding some of the leaves to the chickens but they well and truly turned their beaks up!! Oh she also said I needed to have more calcium - in the form of dried milk powder:) (OK she didn't say that but she did say more calcium. I suppose all I have is my 200g yogurt and my greens). It will be interesting to see what her analysis says.

Maybe I should have been a dietician - you would have to stay thin then, because you couldn't possibly go around telling other people to lose weight if you were a bit of a podge yourself!

I love eating sardine bones from the tin - my favourite bit yummy :D

Oh and the other thing she said is that I shouldn't skip meals. She didn't really tell me anything I didn't know :)

i am doing lovey stuff tonight. eating bbq spare ribs and getting food all over my face...bout time he knew the real me eh? xxx

I shouldn't skip meals.

The mere thought of so doing frightens me to death...

Tins? What's with all the tins...? I do remember tinned pilchards, and tomato sauce, but I don't think I'd learned to walk back then... ;)

oooooh spare ribs... love them... particularly home made ones, so they're FAT with lots to eat on them!

ooh they are yummy Jo :D

never had pilchards?

I don't think so...

Pilchards are the same as sardines (but usually tinned in tomato sauce) but over here the tinned fish industry has decided they are not sexy enough so they are often billed as Cornish Sardines :)

I think we'd better stick to our black coffee when we next meet Mouse, don't you?!

<but you have made me wonder whether "your husband" might be interested in an address in the place we met last time where they do fabulous Cornish pssstees...>

Ooh yes he sure likes his pastries!! I was thinking about Easter and where we were thinking of meeting and I have my reservations having driven throuhg there last weekend - there is only one place and it is a full blown country tea shop (might be busy and might be torturous seeing other poeple with tables full of scones and cream!)!! I have somewhere else in mind that is a good 'through' place and has lots more drinkeries including Costa.

awww lucky you too meeting up again :D

Back