M-Mouse's Droppings

urrgh, to make from frais/quark cheesier tasting? Sounds weird.

Other than vanilla I'm not all that keen on fake flavourings.

I'm with you on that one - I don't really like crisps and things either because of the intense flavours.

ooh i'm intrigued to see your tofu cake hun :) will you be posting pics?...

I bought silken tofu (2 packs) they're in the fridge :)...excited to try...thinking of mixing it into the moist cake in place of another of the ingredients....not sure which to substitute or if to substitute at all....maybe just mix it in with the other ingredients and use a bigger tin :)...should last me a fortnight in that case lol xxx

Sorry it's half eaten!!! I just stuck it into my usual muffin recipe, so no tolerated items unless teh baking powder is tolerated.

Mmm not sure I cooked it long enough - it was a little moist - reminded me a bit of chewing porridge :) Maybe I should try their other recipe instead of just bunging things in :) I will use the other half tomorrow and cook for longer.

errr my recipe has no baking powder but does have cornflour (tolerated)!

It was meant to be a tofu cake Emma, but not sure what recipe she used if no tolerateds!

I just bunged it into my muffin mix because I try and steer clear of the tolerated items as I struggle to loose anything as it it is (although not this week so far!) It was fine but I think I needed more cinammon in it as the extra bulk diluted the flavour a bit and I think I needed to cook for longer. It might have tasted better cold, if it had made it that far - so it must have been ok to get wolfed down so quickly!

i did read its a good egg substitute Im doing toffee muffins with the tofu tonight

Did you read in my diary that I did tofu goji muffins last night... didn't even bother to whisk the egg whites. Great taste, moist texture crispy outside, but hopelessly small for she who likes BIG muffins :)

i think the tofu stopped the moistcake rising...flavour needs a little work...but i did try it hot....will have to see what it's like when it cools :) x

yeah my yogurt cake is usually fluffy but came out flat

im doing muffins replaced2 eggs with tofu ...fingers xxxx

Back