M-Mouse's Droppings

they came out ok impressed so 2 eggs instead of 4 and about 2 tablespoons tofu

I use half a pack (which is 150g here) for the yoghurt cake (and just one egg yolk + white). Half a pack also for the tofu muffins, using 2 days' oatbran (with no egg yolks + two whites). Is that what you guys did?
Size is an issue - you could be right Sarah that it's the tofu preventing things from rising. Will have another go when back, whisking egg whites to firm etc as usual...

I had one egg and half a slab of tofu.

yeah it might be worth leaving out the baking powder altogether (if used - depending on recipe)....

seems pointless using any...can't imagine ommiting it would cause any problems if tofu is included...unless it will rise if you beat the bejesus out of it with an electric mixer and whisked egg whites....?

I'm a lazy dukan cook lol....all lobbed into a bowl....mix 'til it looks blended....job done :) x

Me too, and the bigger it comes out the better - and it would have to be pretty bad to chuck it!!!
In the choc cake recipe someone has posted in the recipe section (it is an official recipe) they use protein powder; I have some in the cupboard and so I'm tempted!

i whisked the whites for my yogurt cake was flat with tofu in even that way
muffins were fine kids had one earlier said they were nice

They tasted nice, but were far smaller than my usual ones - must be tofu...

Mousey - what's the composition of your protein powder?

so long as you don't mind "small" things...

I need BIG muffins

They tasted nice, but were far smaller than my usual ones - must be tofu...

Mousey - what's the composition of your protein powder?

Sanatogen High Protein powder

per 100g
energy 360 cals
protein 81 g
carbs 5.8g
(of which sugars) 5.8g
fat 1.2g
(of which saturates) 0.74g
fibre 0g
sodium 140mg
calcium 2100 mg

Quite expensive - I think it was about £8 in Boots. I bought it when on the dark and cheesy side. They did have better value bigger packs but I just bought that one to try it.

Yeah this wouldn't fall in the Dukan plan mefears... his one is 87% protein, less than 1g carb for 150ml

Went out for lunch - very nice but I felt starving after my chicken caesar salad so it was hard but I resisted when my OH tried (bless him) to get me to try 'just a little' of his cheesecake. So I made my own when I got home.

Mouse Cheesecake

Base

2 tbspns oatbran t tbspns splenda mixed with water until a soggyish crumb like consistency. I spread this into a silicon baking tin (didn't quite cover it!!). I then baked for about 10 minutes until a biscuit like consistency.

Topping

1 tub quark mixed with 1 tbspn sweetener and a couple of drops of vanilla.

Stick the topping on the biscuit base.

Yum!

I don't know whether this would work, nor whether indeed it would be advisable - but could you have a fruity sugar-free jelly topping on the cheesecake? I wonder also whether you could mix the jelly (once it's cooled a little) into the quark to make a more fruity, almost blancmangey cheesecake?

Back