M-Mouse's Droppings

hot tub oooooo your so lucky !!!

It's a big blow up jobby - thought we would try it as we couldn't decide on buying a 'proper' one or not! This way we will see how much use we get out of it! OH has positioned it right in front of where the builders are going to be erecting our new conservatory next week :)

woooooohoooo... it's me! Hello lovely mouse!!

Just wanted to say a formal thank you for having us at your home on Easter Monday. It was lovely meeting the chickens (except the broody one), and the photos are great! I was thinking of posting them en masse in my album, then strangers won't see them, but let me know if this isn't good. For now, I'll not post any with your and Tan's other halves in, unless you give me permission. Some of them are good though! So RSVP!!

And ladies - Mouse had HORIBLE chocolate Easter egg cake for the men and children, and LOVELY Dukan victoria sandwich cake with quark filling for us :) (I never did find quark in any supermarket I visited! I expect that's next to the loo roll or somewhere weird?!).

It was so lovely to see you Jo - I cold have sat there all day long, and longer. Kev is fine about the photos - I will have a peep at the others in a minute.

The quark is in Tescos by the cottage cheese.

I have so missed you on here so it's great to have you home:D

Got a party in a couple of weeks so bought myself a dress - very unlike me - quite fitted and I wasn't sure but my SIL assures me it is lovely so I will have to get a picture taken and posted. It is more fitted than anything I have worn before so I feel a bit self conscious but I'm sure it will be fine with some of those industrial strength undies underneath:D

Have also had the confidence to get into the hot tub this weekend with my inlaws. All good:D

Back to work tomorrow:(

What was wrong with meeting the broody hen, Jo? Did it chase you away from its eggs?

Can't wait to see those photos!

Mouse - I bet that you look fabulous in your dress - it takes a while for your self-confidence to catch up with your new shape, so you probably can't quite believe that you suit more fitted clothing yet. Would love to see a pic of you in it!

Thanks Sue; I know you are right on the confidence thing. I am pleased (this is mad) that the size 16 cropped trousers I bought the other day (without trying them on!!!) are actually quite loose on me. What a novelty being able to buy a pair of trousers and not try them on but know they will do up! I am just a bit mad at myself for all the years I have wasted having to buy whatever I can fit into rather than what I would like!! Shoe shopping to go with the dress next weekend!

Sunday the broody hen didn't do any chasing - she just didn't show her face! She is still sitting on her duck eggs. My OH did say the other day ' but nothing is going to hatch from them' so I did have to confess that whilst they probably wouldn't hatch, they could!!

I know what you mean about being able to buy what you like, rather than what will fit. Great, isn't it! Although I'm in a bit of a quandary at the moment and am buying clothes one size too big because of the extra weight loss. It's a bit frustrating not knowing what size I'm going to stabilise at. So instead of buying things which fit beautifully, I'm going for the looser look.

Poor broody hen. She's obviously far too busy caring for her potential babies to welcome visitors. She'd make a very good mother hen, I think, bless her heart.

Oh Mouse I am pleased that you're starting to buy new things and see yourself as we do. You were saying just a couple of weeks ago that you don't see where you've lost weight, so we'll need to get you kitted out in clothes which DO show you off! As for getting in the hot tub, BRAVO! (I couldn't have, for instance, so despite the "Maintainer bravado", I'd have disappeared under the table had it been there when I was there!!).

I am happy to go in the tub with family and people I know well but wouldn't want the neighbours to see me for example! I feel that if people don't know me well they will be shocked by my tummy! Saying that though I have been venturing in wearing a bikini top, but teamed with surfer shorts!! My own individual cover all look!

I will get OH to take a picture of the dress for the party - just need to find shoes now! I am happy having so many old clothes to choose from at the moment - things that have never fitted. You can spot me a mile off - the one with the fashion sense 10 years out of date:D

Another gorgeous day here - apparently Hampshire had 3% of it's usual rainfall in April, so we must be due some rain - all good for my baby beets! What is Rich busy planting in the country? I have tons of surplus seeds I should have sent him home with some.

I have the beets carrots and parsnips in the garden and in the greenhouse I have toms, aubergines, courgettes, various squashes and some celeriac (although they are not doing that well yet) oh and the obligatory sprouts, but I need to plant those out now.

Only 10 years out of date? I still haven't a clue about fashion! I left my tents behind at age 38 only!

OH is planting potatoes, peas, French beans, parsnips, beetroot, a bit of everything. He's replanting some onions, cos shallots have come up but few onions (it was soooo dry when he put them in).

OH doesn't like aubergines or courgettes so I simply buy the odd one when I want to eat it; I couldn't handle a row all ready to eat at the same time!! Tomatoes, I don't think he's done yet, but might later this week. Last year, those in the field were hopeless but the 10 plants we potted in the courtyard did brilliantly (we're not there to water them during the week of course, and sometimes not for two weeks!). Sprouts we did first year and donated them to the local farmer as they turned into mini Eiffel Towers!!

oooh question for you. Over here, when we plant carrots and parsnips and even bean, we were advised by the oldies to use something called "Insectes du sol" to prevent the grains being eaten by insects in the ground before things even rose to the surface. We poohoo'ed the idea the first year, and nothing came up, so we replanted EVERYTHING with it a month later and had bumper crops, so now always use it.

Given that EVERYTHING (except salmon, I found) is cheaper in England, we thought we'd buy similar in England, but found nothing... lots to make your green lawns better, but nothing to stop beasties eating the seeds.

Can I presume you too simply place your seeds into the rut without any defence?!!

oooh question for you. Over here, when we plant carrots and parsnips and even bean, we were advised by the oldies to use something called "Insectes du sol" to prevent the grains being eaten by insects in the ground before things even rose to the surface. We poohoo'ed the idea the first year, and nothing came up, so we replanted EVERYTHING with it a month later and had bumper crops, so now always use it.

Given that EVERYTHING (except salmon, I found) is cheaper in England, we thought we'd buy similar in England, but found nothing... lots to make your green lawns better, but nothing to stop beasties eating the seeds.

Can I presume you too simply place your seeds into the rut without any defence?!!

I love that phrase - 'insectes du sol' - but no I have never heard of anything like that - mine were just bunged in (sounds a bit like my cooking!!)

Well your cooking was lovely... had I ever found quark, I'd have tried using it as a filling for fairy muffin cakes! haaa! I really did look in Tesco (twice), Sainsbury's and oooh I forget.

Anyone who has an Iceland, incidentally, Diet Cokes were at £2.50 for 10 when I went on Saturday. I also bought frozen fillets of smoked mackeral to bring back! £3 for about six, and lovely they were too.

Mmm just had something nice - sort of aubergine crisps. Sliced thinly then sprayed with fry light. Baked for about half an hour - delicious!

they sound lovely mouse, did you get very many? were they worth the effort? i'd love to give these a go but the effort to result ratio seems to be a little unbalanced perhaps...

Back