M-Mouse's Droppings

I am on day 4 of attack - not sure how many to do as I don't feel as though I am in ketosis -I think due to the facy that I have been taking cold remedies all week!

I am looking forward to my unlimited bumbarb though - I have a stash ready in the freezer! Is your hubbie over here looking for it or in France? My DD is off to France next Thursday (Questembert) for an exchange with college - yey! Ooh I could do her a shopping list :D We had to laugh at my OH - we were discussing what she should take as a gift for her host family - and he suggested cheese :D

Bless your OH. He'd be welcomed with open arms here if he took some stilton with him (for me) or cheddar (for Mr R) but we are odd types:p.

Anyway, husband is here (if he went to UK without me I would not be happy) but can only get frozen bumbarb and the freezer shop is in town centre with tiny car park, so he'll get some next time he goes to work on his motorbike (not due to rain this week so will get it soon:)).

By the way, I never felt I was in ketosis apart from having more energy (but that could be down to having less chub to lug around). Then again, I did eat near to the 1 kilo limit of dairy daily (and still do) so I suppose if I was in ketosis then it was very slight. I did 3 days of attack, was so pleased to move onto PV days after that, so I'd personally introduce some veg tomorrow, but you'll know yourself. How many did you do initially when you started Dukan back in the summer?

Bless your OH. He'd be welcomed with open arms here if he took some stilton with him (for me) or cheddar (for Mr R) but we are odd types:p.

Anyway, husband is here (if he went to UK without me I would not be happy) but can only get frozen bumbarb and the freezer shop is in town centre with tiny car park, so he'll get some next time he goes to work on his motorbike (not due to rain this week so will get it soon:)).

By the way, I never felt I was in ketosis apart from having more energy (but that could be down to having less chub to lug around). Then again, I did eat near to the 1 kilo limit of dairy daily (and still do) so I suppose if I was in ketosis then it was very slight. I did 3 days of attack, was so pleased to move onto PV days after that, so I'd personally introduce some veg tomorrow, but you'll know yourself. How many did you do initially when you started Dukan back in the summer?

I think I did 5 so I think I will do that again - so tomorrow will be my last. My WI will be a bit of a dilemma this week; I never managed to reachieve the weight when I did my last official WI 2 weeks ago (the week I finally lost 2lbs!!) - I was swaying (the wrong way) by up to 5 pounds! - and I refused to put myself back into jaws of obesity again - so I ignored last Monday's WI:D So, I should really take my WI from my last registered weight - so tomorrow might not look like much - but I feel better.

Bumbarb isn't unlimited Manda...!

Salmon "meat"loaf... tell me more... I wasn't impressed with chicken/turkey mince one - "dry" tasting... cubing is great idea though! Definitely nicer to snack on than even drier chicken breast!

A whole portion of egg custards, Sarah? That'll be your stall then!

only to the extent other veg are... (to my knowledge - unless that's changed too!). I was always told to keep 66% protein / 33% veg ratio... but things do seem different over in the UK!

For your daughter - jelly always goes down well (if the family has other children...); as does tea... and, more recently I've discovered, Ambrosia CUSTARD in tubs or tins even. Fruit cake if you've one to hand also!

Oops, forgot to give you some other pressie suggestions (not that you asked, but...)

Generally, any British foods that aren't too 'way out' have been well received here. All our close and not-so-close friends have eaten and enjoyed haggis (know you won't get that so easily with you but just an example of how they are willing to try). Some of the kids refused to try jelly though (had some for the eldest's birthday party last year) but I can't blame them for that (despite eating the stuff at every birthday party as a kid, I can't stomach it now). They generally think that the 'English' (understand British) eat jelly with everything (the schools are probably responsible for that) but they will be happy to try (the French eat anything that moves and most things that don't also).:D

Honestly, I'd give them a huge selection of Cadbury's chocolate bars - I bought Heroes to take back to friends (I think that's the name?) and they went down very well (miniature crunchies and the like - celebrations-style). If you have any regional specialities then that could be nice too (ie clotted cream from Cornwall - you get the picture).

I've waffled again.....

Bumbarb isn't unlimited Manda...!

Salmon "meat"loaf... tell me more... I wasn't impressed with chicken/turkey mince one - "dry" tasting... cubing is great idea though! Definitely nicer to snack on than even drier chicken breast!

A whole portion of egg custards, Sarah? That'll be your stall then!

Well the salmon loaf was ok, but a bit dry too. Basically cooked salmon (maybe raw would have been better) a couple of tbsn yog (perhaps more yoghurt?) and a couple of eggs. Herbs and pepper oh and put a couple of boiled eggs in the middle (chopped in half lengthways) - that peovided a bit of moisture. Baked for about 30 mins. I preferred the chicken.

only to the extent other veg are... (to my knowledge - unless that's changed too!). I was always told to keep 66% protein / 33% veg ratio... but things do seem different over in the UK!

For your daughter - jelly always goes down well (if the family has other children...); as does tea... and, more recently I've discovered, Ambrosia CUSTARD in tubs or tins even. Fruit cake if you've one to hand also!

Well yes I meant to the same extent as any other veg - and to tbh once I am in ketosis I struggle to eat too much bulk of anything really so...

Thanks for the gift ideas - I will get a fruit cake in Waitrose - and the jelly - do you just mean the ordinary cubey stuff? Can't you get that!!??

No cubey stuff here... or sachet stuff, come to that. Jelly is an English thing! Most seem "amused" by it. When I retrieve my 5pm jelly snack from the fridge at work, the comments I get are quite irritating!

I hate when other people judge your food, it might not be what they would choose but that gives them no right to turn their noses up at what you're eating, it's just plain rude!

Hehe on pp days I used to make sure no one was in the kitchen when putting my lunchbox in the fridge (or retrieving it) and if I have an Atkins bar as a late afternoon snack I hide the packet.

Am terrible.

I ate a PP lunch in company just now - people I don't really know. I was pretty defensive and ate from my tupperware almost daring anyone to say anything. No one did.

I only sit with my boss so he doesnt say anything unless its ooh that smells nice :)

lmfao!!!!
Boss "Kim whats that smell"
Kim "Its my ood ;)"
Boss "dont be vulgar and get yourself a wash!"

Back