M-Mouse's Droppings

Good luck for weigh in! (Hope you didn't inhale too much bacon!!)

Never one to sing from the same song sheet as the others(!), I say... go for strict and ketosis. TOTM doesn't get you as much in ketosis. And, when everything else is running away from us, at least our food intake is the one thing we CAN have control of.

Leastwise that's my take on things ;)

And your fellow commuters will miss the stench!

Last edited:
LOL at the thought of bacon inhalation!
- 1 for me this week, which is fine.

Thanks Em. I thought they were rather nice - a change. Just a normal savoury mix, with some chopped mushrooms in. Would have been nice toasted and spread with some philly but I am trying to avoid tolerated items as I think they can get out of hand, especially when cooking; a tsp of corn flour here, a tspn of cocoa there.....

I agree on the tolerated items, it can be a slippery slope I think. The less of them the better, and the sooner to goal!

Absolutely re tolerated items - and I can never understand new posters (not including our own fallen angels here of course ;)) leaping straight in there looking for cocoa powder etc etc...

They weren't in the original book, so were only added in to make things a little easier when the going got tough...

If you need a thickening agent, can you get agar agar over there? Not easy to dose I grant you...

Jo, I think that the English version of the book is to blame for this. The recipes actually contain tolerated foods, but they aren't labelled as such. In fact, I didn't even realise that they were just tolerated until I stumbled upon this forum.

Interesting DD... although I have the English book, and refer to it sporadically, I can't say that I've read it from cover to cover...

Morning everyone! Why am I so up and down? Yesterday morning I was 2.8 lbs up from my Monday weight in, despite sticking to the rules, yet today I am back to Monday's weight! It's all very well until a blip occurs on a WI day - and then it is just plain disheartening.

I've had this kind of thing for the past few weeks now, gradual creeping off through the week and then big losses on sat and sun. I'm sure it's to do with sleeping better Fri and sat nights. Try tracking it daily for a couple of weeks and see if you can spot a pattern.

Thats a big difference for a day :( Any chance the scale was a bit uneven, got knocked....

As its off again now its all good though right. And next week will be a super loss.

Well no the scales are on a hard floor. I guess it could be ummm transit issues :) but it is odd and it is disheartening! I thought i was going to have a really good loss last week at around this stage - then up and down like a yoyo. Maybe I need to be less of a slave to my scales - but that in itself is hard!

Yes it is!

I either weigh all the time (2 or 3 times a day) or not at all, cant find a balance.

Hope things even out (and transit doesnt cause too many issues).

its water etc :) tis why we shouldnt weigh very (3times) day ;)

As all the other posters have said... but I like to add a little gem so:

if you don't post your menus, how can we see whether it was something perhaps you ate the night before which might have caused a water retention issue?

I've now cut out smoked salmon from my evening menus cos I think I spotted a pattern there (never have ham or other reconstituted/regurgitated(!) cr*p anyway...)...

Otherwise back to the old cycle, transit, water drunk and hung onto... if you've stuck to plan.

What are you eating mouseymousey?

Back