M-Mouse's Droppings

I'm ok thanks. WI is Monday. I have just found some gojis in my cupboard so I am going to try them in some muffins! Lots of family birthdays in the next week or so so lots of food occasions :eek:

More rugby at the weekend - they ought to play it in the summer - the novelty of standing on the side of a damp cold muddy pitch is rapidly waining!

How about you?

But you will be good at these occasions wont you ! (or ill be kicking butt) im ok honey - roll on friday!

No straying... your husband wouldn't like it! ;)

The goji muffins were nice actually - the bits tasted a little raisiny, but I did soak them in boiling water first to make them a little plumper.

Last edited:
you need to make hot cross dukan buns with them in then :)

Yey, hot cross duns! I could even make some little 'pastry' crosses from corn flour and water! Not sure what to do about the butter though!!

yellow flavouring in some fromage frais?

I've always said that one needs good imagination for Dukan dessert cookery!

I think Fractal suggested even marinating(!) the gojies in sugar free jelly for some extra flavour... yum! (Might help with the "lemsip" flavour green sugar frees! they're "wrong"!)

Well I was surprised. I have had them before and they were quite dry. These were part of a package of dried food snacks and theyw ere actually quite moist before I soaked them. It was just refreshing to have something different!

yellow flavouring in some fromage frais?

I've always said that one needs good imagination for Dukan dessert cookery!

I think Fractal suggested even marinating(!) the gojies in sugar free jelly for some extra flavour... yum! (Might help with the "lemsip" flavour green sugar frees! they're "wrong"!)

- reminds me of when my Mum had made crumble once but had run out of custard powder, so ended up making the custard out of corn flour, but adding some yellow food colouring - I had never seen such funny looking custard:D

Hi world/weekend. It's good to see the weekend after such a busy week workwise. Have been out this morning to buy rugby boots for DS and dragged him around a few clothes shops too:D DD is working and then going to a sleepover so peace reigns supreme in the house. DS and I are watching (or in my case 'watching' the rugby. I am still subject to a lot of eye rolling at my questions - but I do like to understand things! I made my goji cake when I got home and have eaten the whole lot - and I could eat it again! I have been quite organised though and have some of the old vietnamese shaking beef marinating for later.

I am trying not to eat too many eggs this weekend - apart from in my cakes - as I sometimes seem to get through so many of the things! I definitely need to get those chickens installed. I have been hinting about them but OH has had other things on his mind - maybe I can have them for Easter instead of my birthday next week - far more appropriate:)

Not up to much for the rest of today but watching U13 rugby again tomorrow morning, followed by lunch out for Mum's Birthday. It will be a PV day, so I should be able to find something to have. We have 3 family birthdays within a week but I don't think we are going to go out for mine, just my stepfather's the next day.

DD had a nice time in France but was a bit horrified that she was expected to share a bed with her exchange partner:D there were two English girls each sharing a bed with half a set of twins! When she got home her comment was 'she's not bloody sharing my bed when she comes here!' She seems to have returned with a vast supply of French goodies that she seems to be troughing her way through. I have tried gentle hints that it's not a good idea but it all seems to fall on deaf ears.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

You're really making me want to try those goji berries now, and I was so determined not to! ;-)

Good luck with coping with all of the birthday meals. Hope you have a really lovely day on yours.

Oh dear about the French exchange trip. Were there 3 of them in each bed? Hope the beds were big and no one snored!

lol sleep talking in French how bizzare that would seem

Back