My Diary - 2013

aw bless him!! poor pup!!! hope the vets figure it out for him and give in anti-biotics or something xxx
Thanks hun.. Will keep you updated.. Not long now til he's back there so hopefully will have some news..

Thanks hun.. Will keep you updated.. Not long now til he's back there so hopefully will have some news..

o good!! keeping my fingers crossed ... Benny sends some Puppy love too xxx

Well ladies.. Stringer update... My poor puppy is getting no better.. Vet said his temp is still up too high.. he gave him another injection and Jono's to bring him back up in the morning.. If its still not come down he'll have to be hospitalised :( My poor puppy :(

Well ladies.. Stringer update... My poor puppy is getting no better.. Vet said his temp is still up too high.. he gave him another injection and Jono's to bring him back up in the morning.. If its still not come down he'll have to be hospitalised :( My poor puppy :(

O no!!! Poor puppy!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed he gets better Hun!! *hugs* xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

O no!!! Poor puppy!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed he gets better Hun!! *hugs* xxxx

Thanks hun.. Am so worried now.. I just wana go home to my baby :(

Thanks hun.. Am so worried now.. I just wana go home to my baby :(

aw do you finish at 5?! poor puppy, he is in the best hands though - you did the right thing taking him to the vets!! i think lots of mummy cuddles will surely help him too xx

Finish in 20 mins Emma.. thank God..

Google is the devil! Dunno why I tortured myself with this.. This is what I've found... Note, Stringers temperature yesterday was 41.3 degrees celcius (106.34 farenheit!)
[h=2]Warnings[/h]
  • If your dog's fever exceeds 104.5 degrees you should seek immediate veterinary care, as it could be a sign of serious illness or disease. While aspirin can be administered to reduce the fever, it would probably be wise to consult a veterinarian first to determine the cause of the fever. The aspirin may "mask" the actual illness. Also, be aware of the potential side effects that are similar to those of humans who take aspirin such as nausea, vomiting and bloody diarrhea.

Read more: Home Remedies for Fever in Dogs | eHow.com Home Remedies for Fever in Dogs | eHow.com

Have you got a vet on call 24hrs? I'd insist he gets sorted now. Poor thing, just give him lots of hugs and reassurance. Dogs are pretty tough I'm sure he'll be fine.

Finish in 20 mins Emma.. thank God..

Google is the devil! Dunno why I tortured myself with this.. This is what I've found... Note, Stringers temperature yesterday was 41.3 degrees celcius (106.34 farenheit!)
Warnings

• If your dog's fever exceeds 104.5 degrees you should seek immediate veterinary care, as it could be a sign of serious illness or disease. While aspirin can be administered to reduce the fever, it would probably be wise to consult a veterinarian first to determine the cause of the fever. The aspirin may "mask" the actual illness. Also, be aware of the potential side effects that are similar to those of humans who take aspirin such as nausea, vomiting and bloody diarrhea.

Read more: Home Remedies for Fever in Dogs | eHow.com Home Remedies for Fever in Dogs | eHow.com

Do not google!!! honestly Steve googles all the time!!! and a cut on his foot ends up him having like 10 minutes left to live after he's been on google!! Dw just see what the vets say tomorrow and if you think he is really bad then call the 24hr vets if you have one?! xxx

Have you got a vet on call 24hrs? I'd insist he gets sorted now. Poor thing, just give him lots of hugs and reassurance. Dogs are pretty tough I'm sure he'll be fine.

Do not google!!! honestly Steve googles all the time!!! and a cut on his foot ends up him having like 10 minutes left to live after he's been on google!! Dw just see what the vets say tomorrow and if you think he is really bad then call the 24hr vets if you have one?! xxx
I don't think we have such a thing.. But I will check that out.. My poor baby.. Never thought I'd say it but I just wish he was up jumping in my face wrecking my head while i'm tryna cook/wash up/mop the floors.. anything.. This is TORTURE!!! My poor baby..
Emma I'm first to give out to anyone that hits google with any medical issue... I'm so annoyed at myself.. Now I'm thinking all sorts.. Doggie is coming to sleep in my room tonight.. First thing I do when I get home is clear up the whole floor so he can't get at anything... Will keep you all posted on his progress... The injection takes 45mins to kick in so lets all take a minute to pray he's jumping around by this evening:fingerscrossed:

I don't think we have such a thing.. But I will check that out.. My poor baby.. Never thought I'd say it but I just wish he was up jumping in my face wrecking my head while i'm tryna cook/wash up/mop the floors.. anything.. This is TORTURE!!! My poor baby..
Emma I'm first to give out to anyone that hits google with any medical issue... I'm so annoyed at myself.. Now I'm thinking all sorts.. Doggie is coming to sleep in my room tonight.. First thing I do when I get home is clear up the whole floor so he can't get at anything... Will keep you all posted on his progress... The injection takes 45mins to kick in so lets all take a minute to pray he's jumping around by this evening:fingerscrossed:

i know i tell Steve not too but i always have a sneaky google when its me!!! just dont panic until you have too!!!! fingers crossed for you!!! keep us updated xxxx

He's had quite a bit of unsettling stuff happen to him really and GS are very clever, Laura's right maybe he's just stressed himself out. Dougs fine he was bouncing about the morning after his op, I've been told he can't jump, run and leap about. It's been really hard trying to keep him calm, I've not even been able to take him for long walks which believe it or not he needs a massive walk most days. I've taken him out today and he was like something possessed he's worse for it too as hyper as anything and to top it off my little girls gotta go to hospital coz she's stuck something up her nose:(.

He's had quite a bit of unsettling stuff happen to him really and GS are very clever, Laura's right maybe he's just stressed himself out. Dougs fine he was bouncing about the morning after his op, I've been told he can't jump, run and leap about. It's been really hard trying to keep him calm, I've not even been able to take him for long walks which believe it or not he needs a massive walk most days. I've taken him out today and he was like something possessed he's worse for it too as hyper as anything and to top it off my little girls gotta go to hospital coz she's stuck something up her nose:(.

ohh god Tracy, what the hell do they be at huh! My wee girl is complaining of a sore tummy the last few days, think I'm gonna have to get her looked at x

Oh no.. Hope your little girl is OK?? Laura... poor little one.. :( Hope they're both OK.. Stringers still the same so far.. Injection doesn't seem to have worked again.. He's just slept all afternoon.. He keeps coughing now n kinda heaving as if he needs to be sick, but nothing coming out... I'm thinking pneumonia but only coz that site I was on earlier said with his temp it cud be a possibility.. Poor puppy.. Been fighting tears all day.. I WILL NOT CRY!!!

Morning

How are you? How's stringer? Xxx

Morning hun.. Stringer is MUCH better today thank God.. I was so worried yesterday.. Especially after checking Google!
His appetite was back and his energy seems to be back too.. Up under my feet this morning wanting to play.. Never been so happy to have him under my feet!
He's back at the vet now, so hopefuly the temp has gone right back down and they can give him something for that awful cough he's got.. My little puppy is on the mend :D xx

Wednesday, 30th January

HeA: 40g Grated Low Low cheese
HeB: 2x Wholemeal Nimble bread

Brekkie: Grapefruit
Lunch: BLT with grilled mushrooms and greated cheese (HeA & HeB)
Dinner: Maggi Garlic & Herb for chicken (1.5 syns) with mini baby potatoes boiled, cauliflower & brocolli
Snacks: Mandarins. Pear. Banana. Macaroon Bar (cannot find the syns ANYWHERE so giving 6.5 as per the book "chocolate, standard, 25g = 6.5) Scanbran with low fat cottage cheese (1 syn)
Water: 4x mug hot water with lemon wedge + 1.25Lt
Exercise: 5 min walk.. Puppy too ill to go anywhere so we walked to the shop n back just to get him some air.. (Shop is 10 doors away)

Back