My Diary - 2013

Look into your loan and see if you've paid PLP private loan protection. Sometimes it's added to loans without you realising and you're intitled to it back. I'd had a loan for about 12 years which I'd had PLP added to and I got 7 grand back. :)

How do I do that Tracy? God.. That's be great if I did... That loan has been going on forever... Seriously.. I kept getting it topped up n topped up n topped up so I'd say I took it out in like 2003 or something.
It was just so easy.. I'd apply online today, and the money would be in my account tomoro.. So I'd be like "Oh I'd love to go shopping the weekend and on a mad night out... I know.. I'll get a top of €3/400" Not giving a thought that that €3/400 was gona cost me an extra couple of grand to repay coz it was renewing my loan of thousands...

Right... So having no cooker is proving to be allot more difficult than first thought... I thought I'd be OK with all my other cooking gadgets but I'm really not able to stay as on track as I'd like.. In fact.. I'd have to say I'm off track, but without intention...
Like, for instance, I can't fry off mince in order to drain all the excess fat off which means when I cook it, its in the slow cooker (mostly) and the fat is in it.. Now I do get the ex lean 98% fat free mince beef/pork, but to me when the fat is still in it, its not good!!
And I've not been having much veg at all coz I can't stand microwaved veg.. I can never get it right.. Its always either still half frozen or WAY over cooked.. :mad: Like, I'm not being overly bold or anything but I'm not being good as I should/could be..
And by time I clean up after the builders and get started cooking, I'm starving... and just want to eat... I've also being having jarred sauces!! Something I haven't had in at LEAST 3 years.. Not many.. Maybe 1 every 2 weeks but that's 1 too many if you ask me...
So my Dad has leant me a 2 ring camping cooker thing so I need to get a bottle of gas for it and hopefully I can do better then... But I'm a div and its in the car and my BF was gona go over n get it.. DOH!
So.. What I've decided is.. No matter what I've eaten, good or bad, I'm gona write it up on here.. Hopefully that will keep me away from the biscuit tin ;)

Go to your bank, get all your loan details. Every loan is separate each time you add to it all its not adding to it it's paying off the old and taking out a new one. Each loan will have a different reference number, get these list them and write to your bank? It took a while a good 2-3 months. I'm not saying you would've had it automatically added but there's a good chance you did, especially as you got them online.

Worth a try anyway.

Go to your bank, get all your loan details. Every loan is separate each time you add to it all its not adding to it it's paying off the old and taking out a new one. Each loan will have a different reference number, get these list them and write to your bank? It took a while a good 2-3 months. I'm not saying you would've had it automatically added but there's a good chance you did, especially as you got them online.

Worth a try anyway.
Yea definitely worth a try yea.. I only have the most recent one's papers tho.. I'm a dumbass n thro everything away.. but I mean, that's been the biggest and the longest running so that would be the one to worry about.. Thanks hun xx

OK ladies.. Brekkie today is 2x Wholemeal Nimble Small loaf break (HeB) topped with fat free cottage cheese and a cuppa :)
Lunch is homemade meatballs in syn free tomato & basil sauce...
Dinner will be (I think) baked potato, baked fish,n mixed pepper salad...
Will update should I use syns or have anything in between.. Unfortunately I have no fruit with me (we've none in coz Jono's a dope and didn't get it as I had asked yesterday!!!) May pop out at lunch to get it but we'll see.. I could be lazy n stay indoors as long as possible :)

Here to feel your cooking pain!!!

I'm making a chilli in the slow cooker today for the first time and obviously I couldn't brown my mince first so not sure what it will be like! x

Here to feel your cooking pain!!!

I'm making a chilli in the slow cooker today for the first time and obviously I couldn't brown my mince first so not sure what it will be like! x

I done a bolognese the other day in mine and was the same.. Mine turned the sauce very watery (obv the excess water in the meat plus the excess fat YUCK)... So next time I think I'm gona cook the meat for the few few hours in just a tin a chopped tomatoes or carton of passata.. And then drain that and do the sauce bit.. Obv if i'm home when doing it coz if i'm in work i wouldn't be able get home to do it...
I've done a chicken stew in it tho... Defo recommend that!! YUM YUM

Yea definitely worth a try yea.. I only have the most recent one's papers tho.. I'm a dumbass n thro everything away.. but I mean, that's been the biggest and the longest running so that would be the one to worry about.. Thanks hun xx

The bank can trace them right back.

I done a bolognese the other day in mine and was the same.. Mine turned the sauce very watery (obv the excess water in the meat plus the excess fat YUCK)... So next time I think I'm gona cook the meat for the few few hours in just a tin a chopped tomatoes or carton of passata.. And then drain that and do the sauce bit.. Obv if i'm home when doing it coz if i'm in work i wouldn't be able get home to do it...
I've done a chicken stew in it tho... Defo recommend that!! YUM YUM

Oh!!!! I will have to see what it turns out like then! What did you put in your chicken stew?

I made a beef in ale the other day.... I bought an asda beef in ale casserole mix which is 6 syns but but you can easily divide the casserole into 4 or more it works out at next to nothing... Put in stewed steak, chopped mushrooms and onions and left it on whilst i was out at work.... its lovely and on 1.5 syns a portion x

Oh!!!! I will have to see what it turns out like then! What did you put in your chicken stew?

I made a beef in ale the other day.... I bought an asda beef in ale casserole mix which is 6 syns but but you can easily divide the casserole into 4 or more it works out at next to nothing... Put in stewed steak, chopped mushrooms and onions and left it on whilst i was out at work.... its lovely and on 1.5 syns a portion x

Chicken stew

Can use Chicken drumsticks or readily chopped chicken
2 carrots sliced
1 onion chopped up finely
200g baby new potatoes
2 chicken oxo cubes
100mls of vegetable stock

Throw it all into the slow cooker (this is the beauty of it) for settings, you can stick it on high for 6-8 hours or low for 10-12 hours (this option is better for if your at work all day) then when your happy with your stew take off the meat from the drumsticks (it should practically fall off the bone) and add in 1 tbsp flour to thicken the stew ... VOILA .. tea ready and youve only been in the house half an hour

Here you go... Its off the Slow Cooker Recipe Thread on here started by Clairbear :)
The slow cooker syn free chicken curry is delish also.. Tastes so bold but is so good :)

Chicken stew

Can use Chicken drumsticks or readily chopped chicken
2 carrots sliced
1 onion chopped up finely
200g baby new potatoes
2 chicken oxo cubes
100mls of vegetable stock

Throw it all into the slow cooker (this is the beauty of it) for settings, you can stick it on high for 6-8 hours or low for 10-12 hours (this option is better for if your at work all day) then when your happy with your stew take off the meat from the drumsticks (it should practically fall off the bone) and add in 1 tbsp flour to thicken the stew ... VOILA .. tea ready and youve only been in the house half an hour

Here you go... Its off the Slow Cooker Recipe Thread on here started by Clairbear :)
The slow cooker syn free chicken curry is delish also.. Tastes so bold but is so good :)

Fab, thanks... think I need to go and find the thread immediately lol!

How do you poach your eggs?

My hubby has suggested getting the camping stove down from the loft so that would solve my egg issue! x

Fab, thanks... think I need to go and find the thread immediately lol!

How do you poach your eggs?

My hubby has suggested getting the camping stove down from the loft so that would solve my egg issue! x

My Dad has just given me a lend of his.. I need to get a bottle of gas for it.. Will help no end especially with the brownign of meat to go in the slow cooker.. And God do I miss pasta!!!! I can't use pouch pasta coz I've EVER seen any that does wholmeal pasta and I can't eat white :(

I have a microwave egg poacher thingy... :) Its very handy.. Altho I never seem to stop the microwave in time for them either.. Lol.. So they yolk is always cooked but it does the job :)

Yea the thread is really handy :)

Where did you get the poacher thingy from?

I dont really eat a lot of pasta however I have started buying the pretend stuff from Holland and Barrett which is free so I am going to have some of that tonight with my dinner... The texture is a bit different and if you soak it in sauce first its supposed to be fab however I havent tried that yet. You just pop in the microwave for 60 seconds.... If you dont like white pasta it might not be for you but I dont mind it! x

Where did you get the poacher thingy from?

I dont really eat a lot of pasta however I have started buying the pretend stuff from Holland and Barrett which is free so I am going to have some of that tonight with my dinner... The texture is a bit different and if you soak it in sauce first its supposed to be fab however I havent tried that yet. You just pop in the microwave for 60 seconds.... If you dont like white pasta it might not be for you but I dont mind it! x
I got it in the pound shop :) Its dead handy..

I love pasta.. I love pasta salads for lunch.. So filling and free too so yay :) Never realised how much rice and pasta I ate til I was without a cooker :) I also miss real mash potato.. Have had smash a couple of times but its not the same

I made it for John but he seemed happy with it! It took about 10 mins and I think I put a little too much water in the jug as it boiled over a couple of times but it's certainly a lot quicker than cooking it in the steamer

Is chipper fish and chips? mmmmmm! Believe me if I did have a holiday in 20 weeks with my friends I'm not sure how good my meals would be right now! x

Back