My Diary - 2013

Exactly :)

You doing anything nice this evening? Looks fab outside... Wouldn't guess it was as cold as it is by looking out... Has your snow gone away yet?X

omg same here!! sunny blue skies but as you say its cold! lol! was snowing earlier!! due to sleet this evening! the joys!! i work 15/20 miles from home and no sign of snow.........at home still covered in snow and ice! wierd ay! but its gradually melting :)

not much planned tbh! Steve has football training (if its still on) so im going to watch catch up TV :) tbh im knackered!! work has been stressful today and im tired!!!! going to cook wholewheat pasta with basil pesto and bacon, onion and pine nuts toasted :) yumm how about you hun?xxx

omg same here!! sunny blue skies but as you say its cold! lol! was snowing earlier!! due to sleet this evening! the joys!! i work 15/20 miles from home and no sign of snow.........at home still covered in snow and ice! wierd ay! but its gradually melting :)

not much planned tbh! Steve has football training (if its still on) so im going to watch catch up TV :) tbh im knackered!! work has been stressful today and im tired!!!! going to cook wholewheat pasta with basil pesto and bacon, onion and pine nuts toasted :) yumm how about you hun?xxx
I would 5 mins from home :) Wreckon the heavens are gona open fairly soon...
If I were you I'd be going home, put on the pasta n run to the shower (hee hee) fluffy PJ's and socks on, hair left in a towel, eat dinner, go dry hair, and then TV for the night :)
I have no plans.. Have to go do a load of laundry so think am gona take advantage and do a batch of soup while i'm there :D (in my Dad's) Then home, dinner, shower, PJ's/bed

Hey hon
Ya I found it hard when I had no cooker last year. But I did ok with my George foreman and microwave. But when I was reading your posts I was wondering what suggestions I had but then I remembered I brought my food to work and cooked up there-bolognaise, stews etc and then froze them. Plus I ate a lot of microwave pasta cos I can eat white.
The thing I missed the most was my homemade chips I must say.
But I did steaks and grilled chicken on George foreman and had them with couscous and salads. But again I was really lucky that when I'm at work I can cook at work so it was only my days off I had to survive at home.

Drove to Waterford today (for no reason) at work and we had the worst hail shower I've seen in years. We wernt sure if they were snow clouds or rain clouds! But seriously they nearly cracked the window! Crazy!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I dunno if a like cous cous. I've a pack in the press to try but am scared ha ha ha

Haha.... :) Ya I was the same. I stared buying it in Aldi ready made in the salad section and then went hey, I think I have some packets in the press for ages!! Thought the same-bought then but wasn't sure! :) But find it great to fill up a salad. :) I prefer the spicy ones to the lemony ones or vegetable onesbut that's just me. :) Go on, u know u want to. :)

Ainsley Harriot ones are sometimes on offer in Morrisons - all the flavoured ones and they are good.

They have different syn values which I have in my laptop somewhere - will have a look later and post them.

Thanks girls. I defo will try it.

We don't hav a morrisons :(

They are on offer in Aldi a good bit too. :)

Hope they have not changed recently :)

AINSLEY HARRIOT COUSCOUS SYNS

[FONT=&quot]Aromatic Thai Style Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 2
Chilli Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 3
Lemon, Mint & Parsley Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 3
Moroccan Medley Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 1½
Roasted Vegetable Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 2½
Spice Sensation Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 2
Sun-dried Tomato & Garlic Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 3½
Tomato Tango Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 1
Wickedly Wild Mushroom Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 2½

[/FONT]

They are on offer in Aldi a good bit too. :)

Yea I got a box in Aldi but its just plain cous cous.. Gona make it up with a veg oxo and lotza seasoning.. (Advice from bloke in work :) )

Hope they have not changed recently :)

AINSLEY HARRIOT COUSCOUS SYNS

Aromatic Thai Style Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 2
Chilli Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 3
Lemon, Mint & Parsley Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 3
Moroccan Medley Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 1½
Roasted Vegetable Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 2½
Spice Sensation Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 2
Sun-dried Tomato & Garlic Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 3½
Tomato Tango Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 1
Wickedly Wild Mushroom Couscous, excluding oil & butter, 100g pack 2½

Awww... Thank you for that.. That's so nice :) x

Morning all..

Well yesterday I went way over in syns... I had my porridge for brekkie (heB) Slice toast and beans for lunch (4.5 syns) but while I was waiting I had a pack of King (10.5 syns) Fruit for snacks in between.. And baked sole (fish) with steamed baby potatoes and veg! BUt then was really hungry later on and had a bowl of Fibre 1 cereal..Not sure of the syn value of the cereal but I'd already reached my 15 syn allowance :( I also only managed 750ml of water...
So... I'm starting today differently.. I have my first bottle of water ready to go.. And I'm having scrambled egg for brekkie.. Lunch will be either beans on toast OR mug shot with toast.. So 0 syns and HeB.. Dinner is slow cooker ribs :D n baby potatoes n steamed veg...
I have a banana and an orange for in between and I've cottage cheese and ryvitas in the cupboard for if I get picky at 3pm... So the only excuse for going off plan today is being a greedy pig.. Lets see how I go :) xx

Scrambled egg with 1 slice nimble wholemeal bread for brekkie... 1/2 HeB used...
2 x 750ml bottles of water drank...
Chicken Mug Shot (1 syns) and 1 slice Nimble wholemeal bread for lunch... 2nd 1/2 of HeB used... :) :)

Last edited:
Hello hun

yay sounds like a brill day so far well done!!!

how are you today? xxxx

Hello hun

yay sounds like a brill day so far well done!!!

how are you today? xxxx

Hi hun... Yea am feeling good today.. Positive about having a 100% day anyway...
Skin is really dry n lips all chapped.. Just goes to show how a few off track days affects you in more ways than just weight...
I'm on to my third 750ml bottle of water and currently have a mug of hot water so reached at least 2 litres so far already today... First day in a good while I've drank the RDA of water so pleased with that...

Really busy in work but the day so absolutely DRAGGING.... Weather's much better tho.. Not too cold and a nice light breeze.. Wish I cud pop home to hang out my washing.. I've TONNES of it and nowhere to dry it so it'd have been an ideal day for drying... (feel so old even thinking about my washing!!!!)

Hi hun... Yea am feeling good today.. Positive about having a 100% day anyway...
Skin is really dry n lips all chapped.. Just goes to show how a few off track days affects you in more ways than just weight...
I'm on to my third 750ml bottle of water and currently have a mug of hot water so reached at least 2 litres so far already today... First day in a good while I've drank the RDA of water so pleased with that...

Really busy in work but the day so absolutely DRAGGING.... Weather's much better tho.. Not too cold and a nice light breeze.. Wish I cud pop home to hang out my washing.. I've TONNES of it and nowhere to dry it so it'd have been an ideal day for drying... (feel so old even thinking about my washing!!!!)

aw good pleased your feeling positive today!! well done on the water front!!! omg i know, if i eat bad for a few days i get bad skin, dry skin, ulcers the lot!!! lol so heres to keeping on track!!!

i know its lovely outside today isnt it!!!

hahaha omg do you know what i was thinking ahh wish i was at home so i could open the doors and windows and really air out the apartment.,......who the hell "airs out" their house haha yes i am 22!!! xxxx

aw good pleased your feeling positive today!! well done on the water front!!! omg i know, if i eat bad for a few days i get bad skin, dry skin, ulcers the lot!!! lol so heres to keeping on track!!!

i know its lovely outside today isnt it!!!

hahaha omg do you know what i was thinking ahh wish i was at home so i could open the doors and windows and really air out the apartment.,......who the hell "airs out" their house haha yes i am 22!!! xxxx
Ha... I DO!!! Every day every window in the upstairs of my house is swinging.. Obviously that's only coz Jono is there.. I wouldn't have it open like that if we were both at work...

Back