+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Looks nice hun but just remember on EE that you have to have 1/3 of your plate filled with superfree foods in order for it to work properly! x

Hi,
with regards to that, say spag bol which i make with onions,carrots, tomatoes and mushrooms, would they count at 1/3 as the other 2/3 would be the pasta and the meat?

x

Hi,
with regards to that, say spag bol which i make with onions,carrots, tomatoes and mushrooms, would they count at 1/3 as the other 2/3 would be the pasta and the meat?

x

Yes it would count towards the 1/3 but my C would always say to add some extra veg on the side (e.g. a salad) just to be on the safe side or have some fruit afterwards.

You can count leeks towards your 1/3 superfree but not beans as they're only free on a green day. Superfree foods are only veg and fruit which are free on both green & red days and come from the list in your book. Confusing, I know!!! x

ok,i was reading book to check and must of got confused cos on page 5 it says choose free food on pages 11 to 19 so i thought this meant all food and baked beans have the ss symbol next to them.god just when i think im getting used to this extra easy plan i get it all wrong again,well weigh in tomorrow fingers crossed.
just 1 last thing does it count like if your meal just isnt compatable with veg/salad could you have maybe an apple after or fruit bowl?

Yes it would count towards the 1/3 but my C would always say to add some extra veg on the side (e.g. a salad) just to be on the safe side or have some fruit afterwards.

Thanks for that Stacey! I don't like salad at all lol I shall have a carrot afterwards :)

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Stuffed sweet peppers (hea of low fat cheese)

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Homemade pork sausages & rich onion gravy (syn free on EE)
[/FONT]

20978_327548610666_528245666_4037927_4932139_n.jpg

my tea yesterday evening, was 1 x hex B and 3 1/2 syns

my lunch today, 3 syns and hex for my ryvitta :)

20978_327548685666_528245666_4037929_252736_n.jpg

Hot, sweet & sour chicken and noodles 3 syns.

20978_327548720666_528245666_4037931_4175724_n.jpg

img0004de.jpg

Followed Britmumincanada's recipe for burgers. YUM YUM!!! Its on her blog. She calls it the ultimate SW cheeseburger! I used thinly sliced healthy eating (tesco) chedder (stilla HeA) instead of the pretendy cheese slices, I dont like them lol It was so big I could barely get my gob round it, and cos we was on a red day we had two!! LOL!! I am so stuffed!

I always add...carrots..mushrooms, celery, courgette and onion. This is based on SW extra easy portions of veg for a spag bol. I use this combination for my chilli con carne, currys as well. I always try and add at least 5 superfree veg to sauces, if I can and if not have them on the side. :p

You can count leeks towards your 1/3 superfree but not beans as they're only free on a green day. Superfree foods are only veg and fruit which are free on both green & red days and come from the list in your book. Confusing, I know!!! x

They are also free on extra easy, although I agree not a superfree food. Its also worth noting that baked beans are also a H SS F, which means they are particularily nutritious, high in fibre and also classed as a super speed food. Its only on red days that they are not free, but can be used as a HeB. ;) :)

ok,i was reading book to check and must of got confused cos on page 5 it says choose free food on pages 11 to 19 so i thought this meant all food and baked beans have the ss symbol next to them.god just when i think im getting used to this extra easy plan i get it all wrong again,well weigh in tomorrow fingers crossed.
just 1 last thing does it count like if your meal just isnt compatable with veg/salad could you have maybe an apple after or fruit bowl?

Baked beans are a H SS F food, they are free on Green and EE, and your right, they are a superspeed food but dont get muddled with Superfree ie :fruit and veg and superspeed , as they are slightly different things. Including superspeed foods are a good thinng as choosing them regularily can speed your weight loss!

If your doing extra easy, anything from page 9-19 is free, and you can choose anything from that list. They recommend you fill your plate with 1/3 of the foods from the Superfree section - pg 11&12, if you read the write up at the beginning of that section they explain this in paragraph 2.. this includes most veg and most fruit, but you can still choose freely from the other pages!

Choosing foods with an SS next to them does help your weight loss as these are Superspeed foods, again diff from superfree.

Leeks are a superfree food, but it may be worth adding some more veg to either the bake, or on the side. I love steamed veg, so regularily steam brocolli and carrots to add to my food, and I stuff my bakes and sauces full of them.

Hope that helps..;)

Last edited:
img0004de.jpg

Followed Britmumincanada's recipe for burgers. YUM YUM!!! Its on her blog. She calls it the ultimate SW cheeseburger! I used thinly sliced healthy eating (tesco) chedder (stilla HeA) instead of the pretendy cheese slices, I dont like them lol It was so big I could barely get my gob round it, and cos we was on a red day we had two!! LOL!! I am so stuffed!

I am definately going to try this - looks yummy!!

x

These peppers are great! Do you have the recipe for this as I have one sitting in my fridge waiting to be used ?

I just stuffed them with cooked savoury rice (I make my own, but you could use packet) top with soem cheese (hea) and put them in the oven for about 20-30 mins.

Britmumincanadas recipe for 'Toffee Banana Chocolate Weetabix Cake'.

Very simple to make, was quite impressed that it did rise! lol Loved the quark topping and banana. The cake was a cake. Lovely and soft!

Only disaster I had was the toffee. I havent ever made this before. So I ended up not taking it off the heat quickly enough and II was serving 4, the first one was fine but it kept cooking and even though i was going fast it burned very quickly.
Anyway my piccy isnt as glamorous as your but here is my attempt.

img0006l.jpg

Back