Pregnancy and Slimming World

Question for second or more time mums and labour.

Getting myself stressed out about knowing when I am in labour as my husband can work hours away and with my first I didnt know I was in labour until 12am and had her for 7.49am that morning so super quick for first. Also my family have a history of fast births so worried I won't realise until its too late....

Do u still get the latent phase of labour during second labours where the cervix thinning/softening?

X

Popping on quickly in between orders here.

I'm on my third but smaller this time than before. My placenta is at the worry line apparently of 2cm but I'm due for another section anyway :-( its also right at the front which they complain about at every scan.

Those of you with anterior placentas - does your baby stay low down? The sonographer commented that even when breech baby was very low. I never ever get kicks above my belly button like I did with the other two. I also find it's getting sore to sit down as I get bigger, like baby is squashed down low & putting pressure on my already weak pelvis -I always get sod when pregnant.

Any advice or similar experiences? Is my placenta preventing baby from moving up?

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)

Just checked my paperwork it stares placenta is posterior, measuring at least 4cm's away! So that's good! I should really sit and read these notes I never do :/

I read mine today but they are rather depressing....I've had 2 previous sections; MRSA; I'm chubby....not a great read,lol

I read mine today but they are rather depressing....I've had 2 previous sections; MRSA; I'm chubby....not a great read,lol

Chubby??? How dare they say that! I never read mine! To be honest I wasn't sure what the hell half of it said, their writing is shocking! Was the MRSA after you had a c section? I've read that somewhere!

Chubby??? How dare they say that! I never read mine! To be honest I wasn't sure what the hell half of it said, their writing is shocking! Was the MRSA after you had a c section? I've read that somewhere!

Well the notes say something about maternal habitus but the midwife said 'awk that just means a bit chubby' -I could have cheerfully smacked her!

Yep my first delivery was shocking! One of the things they managed to do was give me MRSA which has haunted every procedure I've had since as they won't test me again. As one doctor pointed out, clearly I don't have it anymore as I'm not at death's door. The problem is if I test negative before a procedure & positive after then I have evidence to sue apparently. Unfortunately both me & baby were very ill after their neglect during first delivery but sometimes you just gotta let go. This is why I hate going to hospital & hate having the sections. Almost as much as I hate the comments people make about how easy a section is!

Whoops, sorry...touchy subject :)

Question for second or more time mums and labour.

Getting myself stressed out about knowing when I am in labour as my husband can work hours away and with my first I didnt know I was in labour until 12am and had her for 7.49am that morning so super quick for first. Also my family have a history of fast births so worried I won't realise until its too late....

Do u still get the latent phase of labour during second labours where the cervix thinning/softening?

X
Thats a difficult one hun, with my first i had 2 days of latent labour, with my second non and with my third I had around 17 and half hours of latent labour so not sure what to expect this time. But one thing is the active birth got quicker with each baby so i would contact your hubby at work as soon as you get those niggles x

Hi all, hope you're all well!

Just had WI and I gained 2lbs. Could be worse! I'll be 14 weeks on Saturday so gonna figure out my first trimester gain and see if I can keep is minimal throughout the second! Very excited to be going on to the next third, feels like a proper milestone for me and little <3

Husband is cooking me tea bless him and I have gaviscon today so life is looking a bit better. Looking into memory foam pillow and mattress covers too as I'm sleeping badly already so thanks for the tip Slinky! We're gonna pick up some darker curtains and some ear plugs for me too as I'm desperate for a good nights sleep and I know it's not gonna get any easier so I'd quite like a get a good few nights in at this early stage ;) xxx

Popping on quickly in between orders here.

I'm on my third but smaller this time than before. My placenta is at the worry line apparently of 2cm but I'm due for another section anyway :-( its also right at the front which they complain about at every scan.

Those of you with anterior placentas - does your baby stay low down? The sonographer commented that even when breech baby was very low. I never ever get kicks above my belly button like I did with the other two. I also find it's getting sore to sit down as I get bigger, like baby is squashed down low & putting pressure on my already weak pelvis -I always get sod when pregnant.

Any advice or similar experiences? Is my placenta preventing baby from moving up?

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)
My baby likes to do extremes she either really low or really high in my ribs and when she's low and i sit down it feels like i am squashing her head and it really hurts! Depending on where the placenta is it may prevent baby moving up, my son was a very low baby, i never felt kicks high up like i do with this pregnancy x

Hi all, hope you're all well!

Just had WI and I gained 2lbs. Could be worse! I'll be 14 weeks on Saturday so gonna figure out my first trimester gain and see if I can keep is minimal throughout the second! Very excited to be going on to the next third, feels like a proper milestone for me and little <3

Husband is cooking me tea bless him and I have gaviscon today so life is looking a bit better. Looking into memory foam pillow and mattress covers too as I'm sleeping badly already so thanks for the tip Slinky! We're gonna pick up some darker curtains and some ear plugs for me too as I'm desperate for a good nights sleep and I know it's not gonna get any easier so I'd quite like a get a good few nights in at this early stage ;) xxx

I gained 5.5lbs today:( think its time for me to go back on plan x

I'm hoping to breast feed so going to really try and be healthy! I'm quite lucky with my fiancé as he loves cooking from scratch so when bed home we do eat well! It's when I'm on my own I opt for convenience food too just for the energy half the time I'm not even hungry I just eat for the sake of it! Or did do should I say, I can't with this diabetes I have to eat little and often to avoid sugar crashes! But anyway that aside! I think it's veg and fruit that's doing the wind thing to me so will hold back abit! I don't have much fruit but veg I do! I'm getting married next May so once baby is here I have 10 months to slim down but I'll have to start dress shopping around Xmas so I intend to jump on either SW or ww as soon as the docs give me the all clear abc I'm feeling fine to do so! I don't want to put pressure on myself! C
I'm exactly the same, since my hubby changed shifts he does one week early and one week late and the week he does a late shift i just eat convenient food and eat for the sake of it. The week he is on early i am fine and eat fine so i need to get out of this cycle and get used to being weighed every 2 weeks instead of every week. I'm sure by next May you will get there hun and its good that you wont pressure on yourself as thats where it usually goes wrong after having a baby x

I gained 5.5lbs today:( think its time for me to go back on plan x

I sympathise huni, it was WI 4 me 2day n I gained 3lb this week :( I spent the rest of the day givin myself a serious talkin 2, sayin how determined I'm gona b 2 stick 2 plan PROPERLY but then ended up wif a chip shop T! I kno it's gona b difficult this w/end cos of Father's Day - family meal on Sat nite wif hubby's family n then meal out on Sun wif my family. Then it's my weddin anniversary next week so me n hubby r takin Mon off work 2 spend the day 2gether, which will most likely end up in another meal out or a takeaway SOOOOO anyway I decided 2 try 2 stick 2 plan as best I can til next Tues when I'l b back on track wif NO EXCUSES!!! lol!

I sympathise huni, it was WI 4 me 2day n I gained 3lb this week :( I spent the rest of the day givin myself a serious talkin 2, sayin how determined I'm gona b 2 stick 2 plan PROPERLY but then ended up wif a chip shop T! I kno it's gona b difficult this w/end cos of Father's Day - family meal on Sat nite wif hubby's family n then meal out on Sun wif my family. Then it's my weddin anniversary next week so me n hubby r takin Mon off work 2 spend the day 2gether, which will most likely end up in another meal out or a takeaway SOOOOO anyway I decided 2 try 2 stick 2 plan as best I can til next Tues when I'l b back on track wif NO EXCUSES!!! lol!
It was a bit of a disappointment but i knew it was coming lol. Never mind we dont have long to go and these gains will soon disappear once baby's arrive x

It was a bit of a disappointment but i knew it was coming lol. Never mind we dont have long to go and these gains will soon disappear once baby's arrive x

If I'm being totally honest I was actually a bit surprised I didn't gain more this week as I'd managed a STS 4 the last few weeks n I really did eat way 2 much ice cream during r wee spell of hot weather! lol! x

Well the notes say something about maternal habitus but the midwife said 'awk that just means a bit chubby' -I could have cheerfully smacked her!

Yep my first delivery was shocking! One of the things they managed to do was give me MRSA which has haunted every procedure I've had since as they won't test me again. As one doctor pointed out, clearly I don't have it anymore as I'm not at death's door. The problem is if I test negative before a procedure & positive after then I have evidence to sue apparently. Unfortunately both me & baby were very ill after their neglect during first delivery but sometimes you just gotta let go. This is why I hate going to hospital & hate having the sections. Almost as much as I hate the comments people make about how easy a section is!

Whoops, sorry...touchy subject :)

No that's fine you let it all out! I have friends who have had natural births and c sections! And those who have had c sections through complications said it was the worst thing they had done! A few were lucky enough to experience both procedures so they could compare! I have everything crossed that I can deliver her naturally with every pain relief available hahahahaha! Not surprised your dreading it with all that has happened to you and your first! People always say their first was the hardest! I'm terrified, excited, nervous, basically I am going through every emotion going! Eeeek

I'm exactly the same, since my hubby changed shifts he does one week early and one week late and the week he does a late shift i just eat convenient food and eat for the sake of it. The week he is on early i am fine and eat fine so i need to get out of this cycle and get used to being weighed every 2 weeks instead of every week. I'm sure by next May you will get there hun and its good that you wont pressure on yourself as thats where it usually goes wrong after having a baby x

Yeah very true! I think having a newborn will be enough pressure I don't need added pressure so just going to take my time with it! Even if I only lose 1-2ib a week that's a few stone by May! But it never happens like that I usually lose 3-4 one week then nothing for 2wks and so on! My body is odd and won't part with fat lol!

I cant get enough of ice cream but it is now flaring my heartburn up even more so i dont know how much longer i will be enjoying it. With your gastational diabetes will it disappear straight away after having baby or it will take a couple of days/weeks x

Back