Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hey ladies, hope everybody's doin ok or at least not sufferin 2 much! :)

I was wonderin bout these Braxton Hicks things - everybody including my m/wife reckons I shud b avin these by now n prob shud ave been avin them 4 a while. I kno I'm new at this but surely I wud ave noticed!? lol! My Mammy reckons she didn't get themso is it possible than sum people just don't!? I'm also wonderin if there's an average time 4 baby 2 engage? I kno they say it tends 2 happen earlier in 1st pregnancies. I'm comin up on 33wks n I think my baby is tryin 2 move that direction. Baby generally seems 2 lie across the way, head poking out on the left, bum out the rite n feet up where my rite lung shud b! 2day it def feels like baby is doin much serious re-positionin altho my bump doesn't seem 2 ave dropped any yet...

Sorry 4 all the questions by the way but Googlin this stuff tends 2 b a nightmare! lol!

Early BH around your stage are just like a tightening where your stomach hardens and no pain but at my stage now (38wks) its like mild period cramping....not enough for me to take paracetamol thou....but that's for me personally.

Babies engage early with 1st. Mine has been head down for weeks but still not engaged which been told can be as late as labour. When in labour with molly she told me she was not fully head down more like lying to the side x

Ahh that's a pain isn't it, I can relate too your fear of not realising until too late but with first you should have time on your side....in theory :-D but then as everybody says..."everybody is different" I had a show at 9pm but proper labour pains didn't start until 12am (before that it felt like normal BH) and got hospital for 4.30am, molly came at 7.49am...and I was considered quick as a first timer.

Carl has tried to ask for closer work but its where it is and that's that so there's not much we can do about it.

Going good, got some tablets from doctors for my heartburn Thursday and literally haven't had it since Friday......amazing!! So happy about that, get back ache a little still depending on how my day has been but got a cough/cold so really having coughing fits in the night which combined with a bladder being pressed on by baby....u can imagine the rest :) have been wearing sani pads lol the joys

Got 13 days left :) :) :)

Moses basket ready for bedding to go on when born, change station up, car seat and base out of the loft. Will steralise some bottles from maybe back end of next week closer into 40th so they are ready.

How about u? Finished work yet? X

You sound very organised, we've got everything ready! I've been wearing Sani pads for a while now better to be safe than sorry :) the joys indeed! The tablets off the doc are ace I take them at night :) makes such a difference! Your first was quick if love mine to be that quick :) I'm at the assessment unit at hospital just waiting to go in as I have to get blood pressure checked twice a week and the nurse did it 4 times all of which were sky high and now I have selling and tingling in my fingers and feet! So here I am! Going to be here a while I feel!!! Anyway I'm still doing bits of work but not much now only just over 2wks left so need to rest up really :)

You sound very organised, we've got everything ready! I've been wearing Sani pads for a while now better to be safe than sorry :) the joys indeed! The tablets off the doc are ace I take them at night :) makes such a difference! Your first was quick if love mine to be that quick :) I'm at the assessment unit at hospital just waiting to go in as I have to get blood pressure checked twice a week and the nurse did it 4 times all of which were sky high and now I have selling and tingling in my fingers and feet! So here I am! Going to be here a while I feel!!! Anyway I'm still doing bits of work but not much now only just over 2wks left so need to rest up really :)

Well organisation has only happened last week, the week previous nothing was done but with molly everything including nursery was done at 6 months I think haha :)

Yes she was and my sister was exactly the same so it much be a family trait.

Ooh dear that doesn't sound good, if your blood pressure continues to be high u will likely get induced early right? Hope your not there too long tonight thou xx

Well I went and I have put on 5lbs - so I've gained 4lbs since finding out I was preggo! Going to try and stick to plan this week now - need some good food rather than crap! x x

Early BH around your stage are just like a tightening where your stomach hardens and no pain but at my stage now (38wks) its like mild period cramping....not enough for me to take paracetamol thou....but that's for me personally.

Babies engage early with 1st. Mine has been head down for weeks but still not engaged which been told can be as late as labour. When in labour with molly she told me she was not fully head down more like lying to the side x

I aven't had any kind of tightenin sensation at all so who knos - mayb I won't get it til later on or mayb not at all! lol! As 4 all this serious shiftin about I spose I'l just ave 2 wait n see if it is baby tryin 2 engage.

It's crazy how much we end up analysing every little aspect of pregnancy! lol! :D

Well I went and I have put on 5lbs - so I've gained 4lbs since finding out I was preggo! Going to try and stick to plan this week now - need some good food rather than crap! x x

Try not 2 worry bout it hun as stickin 2 plan durin pregnancy can be really difficult! Just try the best u can 2 maintain a healthy diet n don't worry 2 much bout the occasional inevitable slip-ups! lol! x

Hey ladies, hope everybody's doin ok or at least not sufferin 2 much! :)

I was wonderin bout these Braxton Hicks things - everybody including my m/wife reckons I shud b avin these by now n prob shud ave been avin them 4 a while. I kno I'm new at this but surely I wud ave noticed!? lol! My Mammy reckons she didn't get themso is it possible than sum people just don't!? I'm also wonderin if there's an average time 4 baby 2 engage? I kno they say it tends 2 happen earlier in 1st pregnancies. I'm comin up on 33wks n I think my baby is tryin 2 move that direction. Baby generally seems 2 lie across the way, head poking out on the left, bum out the rite n feet up where my rite lung shud b! 2day it def feels like baby is doin much serious re-positionin altho my bump doesn't seem 2 ave dropped any yet...

Sorry 4 all the questions by the way but Googlin this stuff tends 2 b a nightmare! lol!

With my pregnancies i dont feel the braxton hicks till the end and so far with this pregnancy i will be 36 weeks tomorrow and still havent felt any. My first didnt fully engage until 37 week and this one is bopping in and out because it baby number 4! Dont worry hun everyone is different and she will eventually engage and as with the the braxton hicks they dont always happen and sometimes they happen and you dont realise as your tummy just goes hard with no other symptoms x

Hope all is going well in hospital x

I am 38 weeks and only just done hospital bag myself. Slinky it sounds like baby is engaging...i think another term is lightening...or is it quickening?? it is when they moving down into the pelvis ready for birth which can happen weeks before on first babies....2nd and so on can be just into labour. I had it the first time, felt like she was trying to bury her head out haha. I haven't had it this time around yet but have had the pressure between my legs...lots of baxton hicks thou.

I had show when i was in labour....but still didn't know i was as thought it was just braxton hicks...it was a bit like jelly and pink but only a tiny bit. You know when your in proper labour for sure....but even as a second time around pregnant lady i am still petrified i won't realise until its too late to let my husband know as like today he was in coventry...the rest of the week he's in bham/wolverhampton and we live in staffordshire so bit of a trek really. X

I have a feeling with the way everything is going at 38 weeks my hospital bag still wont be ready x

Aww hun i gained 5lbs last week at weigh in but remember some of that gain will be baby weight and plus its getting warmer so maybe a bit of fluid retention. I have been on plan 4 days but my mind is starting to rebel again, i blame the pregnancy hormones x

With my pregnancies i dont feel the braxton hicks till the end and so far with this pregnancy i will be 36 weeks tomorrow and still havent felt any. My first didnt fully engage until 37 week and this one is bopping in and out because it baby number 4! Dont worry hun everyone is different and she will eventually engage and as with the the braxton hicks they dont always happen and sometimes they happen and you dont realise as your tummy just goes hard with no other symptoms x

Thanx hun! x

Hope yer not kept there 2 long hun xx

Try not 2 worry bout it hun as stickin 2 plan durin pregnancy can be really difficult! Just try the best u can 2 maintain a healthy diet n don't worry 2 much bout the occasional inevitable slip-ups! lol! x

Thanks I am trying to focus on eating healthily rather than loosing but have been finding it so hard all I have wanted to eat is naughty food lol x

Aww hun i gained 5lbs last week at weigh in but remember some of that gain will be baby weight and plus its getting warmer so maybe a bit of fluid retention. I have been on plan 4 days but my mind is starting to rebel again, i blame the pregnancy hormones x

Damn those pregnancy hormones lol x x

Thanks I am trying to focus on eating healthily rather than loosing but have been finding it so hard all I have wanted to eat is naughty food lol x

I'm basically avin the w/ends off plan, kinda as a reward 4 stayin on plan durin the week. It doesn't ALWAYS work but at almost 33wks I'v gained bout 1st 4lb so it must b averaging out not 2 badly! lol!

I'm basically avin the w/ends off plan, kinda as a reward 4 stayin on plan durin the week. It doesn't ALWAYS work but at almost 33wks I'v gained bout 1st 4lb so it must b averaging out not 2 badly! lol!

Sounds like a plan - might see how I do this week and then try that if struggling lol x x

Sounds like a plan - might see how I do this week and then try that if struggling lol x x

well like I said I don't always manage all the week days on plan but it seems 2 b workin so far! lol! :D

Well organisation has only happened last week, the week previous nothing was done but with molly everything including nursery was done at 6 months I think haha :)

Yes she was and my sister was exactly the same so it much be a family trait.

Ooh dear that doesn't sound good, if your blood pressure continues to be high u will likely get induced early right? Hope your not there too long tonight thou xx

Well that was an eventful night! Ended up having to stay in to be monitored! I'm in slow labour, swollen ankles & hands, high blood pressure and fast pulse so kept me in to monitor me! Let me home but I have to go back in tomorrow for blood pressure check! Seeing consultant Friday in light on last night I think I'll be induced early too! My blood pressure has come down abit today that's why I was able to come home! I didn't sleep a wink last night!! 3 women on the ward were screaming the place down seriously freaked me out! :( glad to be home there's no place like your own bed :)

Back