Pregnancy and Slimming World

I had slow labour for two days with my second son. It was exhausting but once I'd hit 3cm the 2nd evening he was out within 3hours.

I have a friend who's a mw she told me to try skipping lol, I wouldn't advise it lol!

Oh god no I couldn't skip takes me all my time to stand up let alone lift my body weight hahaha! I've got one of the bouncy gym balls, drinking raspberry and black currant teas but no jiggy I can not be bothered with that haha! So I'm trying to bring it on quicker keep walking about too but it's hardwork my feet are so swollen now its actually getting painful to walk on them! I can only wear flip flops and its bloody raining here so I look abit of a tit but who cares lol x

Morning all :) I'm rather jealous of the ladies in labour, slow or not. All I want is to have a natural birth but nope, due for 3rd section :'(

I'm trying to stay on plan today so ate all the crap in my cupboard last night,lol! I've put 5lbs on in total but it's been at least 2lb a week recently so back to plan!

mama-bear via phone

Yeah some Midwifes are bloody awful so I don't blame you! Our hospital is a training hospital so plenty if obviously fully trains bed staff but loads of foreign staff too! Which can be abit daunting! I can understand you want your little ones looked after by your hubby my friend is doing the same thing so I'm her birthing partner well it's between me and her mum obviously depends if I can get a sitter she's not due till oct so plenty of time!
I'm so sick of insomnia nor it really feels like I haven't slept in months! My bag is totally packed and placed by the front door! I wasn't prepared at all to stay in yesterday I didn't have my bag or phone it charger or anything so that made me realise it needed to be done and ready so im all set woop :) my hayfever is driving me insane it's in my eyes today so itchy! I've chopped done cucumber up so going to lay here with them on for abit to see if it soothes it at all :( xx

The insomnia is driving me mad, i do fall asleep and than wake up again because i either need a wee, baby is kicking me awake or my son is kicking me awake! My hubby decided to open the bedroom window at 6 in the morning when he knows why i keep is shut so as soon as he did that my hayfever kicked off again and its gonna get worse as i need to go out in a little while for my daughter injection. Also little madam was engaged when i woke up for one of my wee's but she's back out again and kicking my ribs ouch! Thats what i want completed by next week my bag all packed by the front door because if my labour starts at night there is no way i am waiting for my husband to wake all the kiddies up and get them in the car, i want to get to that hospital asap and on pain relief lol x

Morning all :) I'm rather jealous of the ladies in labour, slow or not. All I want is to have a natural birth but nope, due for 3rd section :'(

I'm trying to stay on plan today so ate all the crap in my cupboard last night,lol! I've put 5lbs on in total but it's been at least 2lb a week recently so back to plan!

mama-bear via phone

That's not bad at all! I'm not weighing myself now until im just about to have her then again afterwards I've totally blown up with water and got really upset when I got on the scales last week so I'm staying away! I think there's pro's and cons to both natural birth and c sections I know you've had a rough time in the past but you never know you may whizz through this one and be absolutely fine :) I hope so anyway! I'm sat rolling around on my bouncy gym ball it's unbelievable how comfortable they are compared to the sofa :) xx

Wow slow labour amazing news :) told u, you would have your baby before me. I predict 9lb 1oz baby born at 40+3days for me haha

And don't worry about the screaming, like safia said sometimes its just a coping mechanism for the ladies.

X

Lol i wish i could predict when baby will be here but i have a feeling she will be late knowing my luck and will be on the higher end of 6lbs to 7lbs x

mama-bear via phone

I stayed successfully on plan for 3 days and than yesterday with the heat and hayfever i just fell off the wagon and will most likely fall off again today but hopefully will be back on it again tomorrow. I gained 5lbs in my last weigh in aswell so i know i need to try and atleast do some sw as i still have a month or more left and i could put on a lot of weight in that time if i dont control myself x
Aww hun atleast you've had a section before and you know what to expect with it and be prepared for it hopefully. I'm not looking forward to my labour all 3 of mines have been different, one being good and 2 being bad and the 2 bad ones were in the same hospital i'm to due to go into again! x

That's not bad at all! I'm not weighing myself now until im just about to have her then again afterwards I've totally blown up with water and got really upset when I got on the scales last week so I'm staying away! I think there's pro's and cons to both natural birth and c sections I know you've had a rough time in the past but you never know you may whizz through this one and be absolutely fine :) I hope so anyway! I'm sat rolling around on my bouncy gym ball it's unbelievable how comfortable they are compared to the sofa :) xx

Lol i never tried that gym ball because i am so scared it might burst under me:D x

Lol i never tried that gym ball because i am so scared it might burst under me:D x

I was 24st last pg and I didn't burst any balls, I think you're safe to bounce lol! Glad I'm not that weight this time.

I was 24st last pg and I didn't burst any balls, I think you're safe to bounce lol! Glad I'm not that weight this time.

Wow you have done really well x
The weight i am is the lightest i have been in any of them dont know about the heaviest as i always hid the scales away in previous pregnancies. Depending on how slow or fast labour is i think i might try the ball out in hospital x

The insomnia is driving me mad, i do fall asleep and than wake up again because i either need a wee, baby is kicking me awake or my son is kicking me awake! My hubby decided to open the bedroom window at 6 in the morning when he knows why i keep is shut so as soon as he did that my hayfever kicked off again and its gonna get worse as i need to go out in a little while for my daughter injection. Also little madam was engaged when i woke up for one of my wee's but she's back out again and kicking my ribs ouch! Thats what i want completed by next week my bag all packed by the front door because if my labour starts at night there is no way i am waiting for my husband to wake all the kiddies up and get them in the car, i want to get to that hospital asap and on pain relief lol x

Yeah I completely understand that! Best to be ready and just get yourself there :) I know someone who got on a push bike and went to hospital in full blown labour took her 20minutes she has the baby in 20minutes once she got there! It was her 3rd! Some people have it easy don't they! Lol, you should buy some if that hayfever cream they sell it everywhere now I can't remember the name of it! But my midwife raves about it! It's always advertised on TV! My hayfever hasn't been too bad it's all in my eyes at the mo rather than sneezing which is fine by me because I would certainly pee myself if I sneezed ha x

Haha funny you should say that I was panicking last night sitting on it! But then I thought there are bigger people than me that use them in the gyms! Haha! I put it up next to the bed or sofa so I can hold on just incase it does burst haha! It definitely making a difference to my back ache and getting the baby into position I can feel her head right down there and pressure in my bum! Ohhweee so exciting x

Yeah I completely understand that! Best to be ready and just get yourself there :) I know someone who got on a push bike and went to hospital in full blown labour took her 20minutes she has the baby in 20minutes once she got there! It was her 3rd! Some people have it easy don't they! Lol, you should buy some if that hayfever cream they sell it everywhere now I can't remember the name of it! But my midwife raves about it! It's always advertised on TV! My hayfever hasn't been too bad it's all in my eyes at the mo rather than sneezing which is fine by me because I would certainly pee myself if I sneezed ha x
Lol thats why i go through so many pack of panty liners, damn those sneezes. Will be going out soon so will go and have a nosey in boots and see if i can spot that hayfever cream x

Gosh you have done well haven't you! My second pregnancy I will be like you no friggin way will I eat like I have done with this pregnancy but I am a big believer in you learn my your mistakes and no matter what people tell you or try to advise you really have to learn yourself! So I will be better next time round as I will have about 5 stone to lose for our wedding next May eeeek then we are going straight in for our next baby x

Gosh you have done well haven't you! My second pregnancy I will be like you no friggin way will I eat like I have done with this pregnancy but I am a big believer in you learn my your mistakes and no matter what people tell you or try to advise you really have to learn yourself! So I will be better next time round as I will have about 5 stone to lose for our wedding next May eeeek then we are going straight in for our next baby x

It took me 4 babies to learn my lesson, having said that this pg I'm lighter than I was when having my first. I'm aldi shamefully say out side McDonald's eating a large fries and a sweet curry dip. I hate morning sickness it's making me do bad things!

I lost 6st in my first year on Sw, you'll look fab for your wedding but give yourself time to recover after the birth.

Wow you have done really well x
The weight i am is the lightest i have been in any of them dont know about the heaviest as i always hid the scales away in previous pregnancies. Depending on how slow or fast labour is i think i might try the ball out in hospital x

Thanks, I still feel flobby now I'm pg, I was so close to target too lol!
The ball is a good distraction. They seem to have then knocking about on all of the wards now.

It took me 4 babies to learn my lesson, having said that this pg I'm lighter than I was when having my first. I'm aldi shamefully say out side McDonald's eating a large fries and a sweet curry dip. I hate morning sickness it's making me do bad things!

I lost 6st in my first year on Sw, you'll look fab for your wedding but give yourself time to recover after the birth.

Yeah I intend too I'm not putting any pressure on myself I have 10 months! And even if I don't get it all off then that's that :) I love sweet curry dip it is by far my fab from McDonalds yumy! I found eating a bag of ready salted crisps in a morning helped my nausea! Anything quite plain seemed to work but now I just want loads if insular tasting foods :/

I'm in mcdonalds eating a mcflurry! X

Seen midwife today and Baby is 1/5th engaged so she's making her way down....11 days to go :)
Ooo not long to go x bet your looking forward to the end it so hard being pregnant in the heat x

Seen midwife today and Baby is 1/5th engaged so she's making her way down....11 days to go :)

Woohooo exciting :) I'm stuck in the assessment unit again as blood pressure was up before I'm hoping they arnt keeping me in I really don't want to stay in! It's scary listening to all them women in labour! Eeeek x

Back