Pregnancy and Slimming World

Well that was an eventful night! Ended up having to stay in to be monitored! I'm in slow labour, swollen ankles & hands, high blood pressure and fast pulse so kept me in to monitor me! Let me home but I have to go back in tomorrow for blood pressure check! Seeing consultant Friday in light on last night I think I'll be induced early too! My blood pressure has come down abit today that's why I was able to come home! I didn't sleep a wink last night!! 3 women on the ward were screaming the place down seriously freaked me out! :( glad to be home there's no place like your own bed :)
Oh what a night you've had, I really hope they induce you early after whats happened x

I sympathise, my hayfever Is bad and had a nose bleed, yuk!
I feel awful today, plus its so humid. I dare not cook for my children either because feel awful and i dont think they will appreciate me sneezing all over it. Just counting down till kiddies go to bed and i can go and have a cold shower x

Oh what a night you've had, I really hope they induce you early after whats happened x

Me too it was dreadful I'm exhausted! Oh god Safia it was so scary listening to the women mooing and screaming whilst in labour! I feel like someone is digging their knuckles in my back! :(

Me too it was dreadful I'm exhausted! Oh god Safia it was so scary listening to the women mooing and screaming whilst in labour! I feel like someone is digging their knuckles in my back! :(

Aww hun i was exactly the same with my first i had to go into hospital into the labour ward to get my waters checked to see if they had broken or i'd peed myself. While i was waiting to be checked seemed an eternity and all i could hear was this lady in the next room screaming, i literally turned white and my eyes nearly popped out, it took the midwife a while to calm me down when she did check me but believe me as scary as it sounds when you go through it you kinda understand the screaming, you might even be a screamer (i screamed but only at the pushing part), it was just like a coping mechanism for me x
Oh hun the only thing i can say about the slow labour is that maybe try some of the things like nipple tweaking to try and get it to progress but hopefully fingers crossed the consultant will be nice and induce you soon after your appointment on friday x

Aww you sound just like me with my first, if i was close by you i would give you a hug and reassure you but this will have to do :bighug:

Aww hun i was exactly the same with my first i had to go into hospital into the labour ward to get my waters checked to see if they had broken or i'd peed myself. While i was waiting to be checked seemed an eternity and all i could hear was this lady in the next room screaming, i literally turned white and my eyes nearly popped out, it took the midwife a while to calm me down when she did check me but believe me as scary as it sounds when you go through it you kinda understand the screaming, you might even be a screamer (i screamed but only at the pushing part), it was just like a coping mechanism for me x
Oh hun the only thing i can say about the slow labour is that maybe try some of the things like nipple tweaking to try and get it to progress but hopefully fingers crossed the consultant will be nice and induce you soon after your appointment on friday x

Yeah I'm just reading up on things to speed up labour! I could do with one of them balls to sit on coz my back kills! But the docs and midwife said she isn't happy coming yet she's very happy splashing about! When I first went in I wasn't contracting then about 9pm it started and went through the night and today too! But if rather be at home it was so boring there! X

I know how you feel hun with my first i was in the latent phase of labour for 2 days and than a day of active labour, i didnt get any sleep for over 3 days. Just make sure you sleep when you can and eat and drink to keep your energy up x

I know how you feel hun with my first i was in the latent phase of labour for 2 days and than a day of active labour, i didnt get any sleep for over 3 days. Just make sure you sleep when you can and eat and drink to keep your energy up x

Yeah I will do Hun I've bought some jelly baby's, midget gems and energy drinks to keep me going! I have a huge appetite at the mo can't get full at all! I've just bought a yoga ball because my back is killing so I figured if I sit on this up against the wall it will help and it is doing but I can feel her head she's in my pelvic area I think! There's loads if pressure down there! My contractions arnt regular and vary in intensity they seem worse if I lay down when I'm walking or sat straight they are ok! I so hope my consultant brings me early I can't wait to see what he says Friday! Having said that with these contractions there's everychance she'll want to make an early appearance anyway!

3 days of labour sounds good to me one of my mates was in slow labour for 2wks eeeek! How have you been today? X

Yeah I will do Hun I've bought some jelly baby's, midget gems and energy drinks to keep me going! I have a huge appetite at the mo can't get full at all! I've just bought a yoga ball because my back is killing so I figured if I sit on this up against the wall it will help and it is doing but I can feel her head she's in my pelvic area I think! There's loads if pressure down there! My contractions arnt regular and vary in intensity they seem worse if I lay down when I'm walking or sat straight they are ok! I so hope my consultant brings me early I can't wait to see what he says Friday! Having said that with these contractions there's everychance she'll want to make an early appearance anyway!

3 days of labour sounds good to me one of my mates was in slow labour for 2wks eeeek! How have you been today? X
Hayfever has calmed down thank god but like you my appetite has gone mad i'm always eating so i know for sure she's moved down but boo to the weeing. Feeling her head and that pressure is excellent, its telling you your going in the right direction. With my first thats why i didnt get much sleep because the contractions always felt worse when i was lying down so was always sitting or on my feet but thats good because the more upright you are the more pressure it puts on everything and encourage labour. Wow 2 weeks is mad but the way your describing things hopefully it wont be that long x

Hayfever has calmed down thank god but like you my appetite has gone mad i'm always eating so i know for sure she's moved down but boo to the weeing. Feeling her head and that pressure is excellent, its telling you your going in the right direction. With my first thats why i didnt get much sleep because the contractions always felt worse when i was lying down so was always sitting or on my feet but thats good because the more upright you are the more pressure it puts on everything and encourage labour. Wow 2 weeks is mad but the way your describing things hopefully it wont be that long x

Eeeeeek I know 2wks is nothing! I can see her coming early though! The amount if women last night pasting up and down the corridors was unreal! But I now understand it coz these are very mild pains that I'm getting it all feels very similar to period like pains but instantly feels better once I'm upright! But I reckon I'll be like you was with your first I don't think I'll get much sleep now for the rest if the pregnancy I can't sleep prompt up with loads if pillows I've tried it! It's mad to think that back in Nov/Dec I was reading people's posts who were at my stage now thinking! That just seems so far away for me and its here I can't believe how quick it's gone! Just exited to have her now obviously I'm scared but more excited than anything :) xx

Lol i was excited too, thats what kept me going x
Not looking forward to labour this time as i will be alone, hubby will be babysitting as i dont want babys to go my mums. Also need to find out what to do if its the same midwife as last time as theres no way i want her to be my midwife through labour again! On a good note your situation has given me a kick so will be doing some more hospital bag shopping and try and finish it off by the end of next week x

Eeeeeek I know 2wks is nothing! I can see her coming early though! The amount if women last night pasting up and down the corridors was unreal! But I now understand it coz these are very mild pains that I'm getting it all feels very similar to period like pains but instantly feels better once I'm upright! But I reckon I'll be like you was with your first I don't think I'll get much sleep now for the rest if the pregnancy I can't sleep prompt up with loads if pillows I've tried it! It's mad to think that back in Nov/Dec I was reading people's posts who were at my stage now thinking! That just seems so far away for me and its here I can't believe how quick it's gone! Just exited to have her now obviously I'm scared but more excited than anything :) xx

Hey hun, sounds like u'd quite a nite of it! I hope yer not in slow labour 2 long n u get 2 meet baby real soon xx :bighug:

Lol i was excited too, thats what kept me going x
Not looking forward to labour this time as i will be alone, hubby will be babysitting as i dont want babys to go my mums. Also need to find out what to do if its the same midwife as last time as theres no way i want her to be my midwife through labour again! On a good note your situation has given me a kick so will be doing some more hospital bag shopping and try and finish it off by the end of next week x

Yeah some Midwifes are bloody awful so I don't blame you! Our hospital is a training hospital so plenty if obviously fully trains bed staff but loads of foreign staff too! Which can be abit daunting! I can understand you want your little ones looked after by your hubby my friend is doing the same thing so I'm her birthing partner well it's between me and her mum obviously depends if I can get a sitter she's not due till oct so plenty of time!
I'm so sick of insomnia nor it really feels like I haven't slept in months! My bag is totally packed and placed by the front door! I wasn't prepared at all to stay in yesterday I didn't have my bag or phone it charger or anything so that made me realise it needed to be done and ready so im all set woop :) my hayfever is driving me insane it's in my eyes today so itchy! I've chopped done cucumber up so going to lay here with them on for abit to see if it soothes it at all :( xx

Hey hun, sounds like u'd quite a nite of it! I hope yer not in slow labour 2 long n u get 2 meet baby real soon xx :bighug:

Awww thanks Hun me too! I'm super excited now! Quite scared too for obvious reasons but I just want her here now I saw and heard loads if babies coming into the world yesterday it was amazing :) x

Well that was an eventful night! Ended up having to stay in to be monitored! I'm in slow labour, swollen ankles & hands, high blood pressure and fast pulse so kept me in to monitor me! Let me home but I have to go back in tomorrow for blood pressure check! Seeing consultant Friday in light on last night I think I'll be induced early too! My blood pressure has come down abit today that's why I was able to come home! I didn't sleep a wink last night!! 3 women on the ward were screaming the place down seriously freaked me out! :( glad to be home there's no place like your own bed :)

Wow slow labour amazing news :) told u, you would have your baby before me. I predict 9lb 1oz baby born at 40+3days for me haha

And don't worry about the screaming, like safia said sometimes its just a coping mechanism for the ladies.

X

Good luck slinky, sending you labour vibes. Slow labour is exhausting sleep when you can, walk when you can and think opening thoughts. Good luck sweetie, you'll meet your baby soon.

Wow slow labour amazing news :) told u, you would have your baby before me. I predict 9lb 1oz baby born at 40+3days for me haha

And don't worry about the screaming, like safia said sometimes its just a coping mechanism for the ladies.

X

Haha I reckon my baby will be a big one too! They estimated around 6ibs 2wks ago so I'm guessing she'll have gained a couple if pounds by now! My bloody back is breaking but other than that I'm ok! Excited and nervous but ok :) x

Good luck slinky, sending you labour vibes. Slow labour is exhausting sleep when you can, walk when you can and think opening thoughts. Good luck sweetie, you'll meet your baby soon.

Thanks Hun eeeek I just hope it doesn't go on for weeks like some people do! Because I don't know how I will cope with this feeling like someone is pushing their knuckles in my back then realising the pressure! But it's all good I can't wait to have her I'm super excited to be a mummy :) xx

Thanks Hun eeeek I just hope it doesn't go on for weeks like some people do! Because I don't know how I will cope with this feeling like someone is pushing their knuckles in my back then realising the pressure! But it's all good I can't wait to have her I'm super excited to be a mummy :) xx

I had slow labour for two days with my second son. It was exhausting but once I'd hit 3cm the 2nd evening he was out within 3hours.

I have a friend who's a mw she told me to try skipping lol, I wouldn't advise it lol!

Back