Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hi all, came to hospital for a scan and to see consultant! Baby is showing quite large, so with my blood pressure and diabetes they are stating induction in an hour or so! I'm on the ward now eeeek

What what what?!?!?! Good luck Hun!

And yes the girls are right sleep tonight!!!!

Last edited:
Good luck slinkyson! I hope you'll be in full labour soon too Laura :)

Ignore that horrible woman safia, she's not worth your time.

I am in so much pain with my tooth/teeth it's unreal. I couldn't eat my dinner & I'm in bed. Wish I didn't get so scared of the dentist :-( I will hunt for clove oil tomorrow. There's not even bonjela in this house!

mama-bear via phone

Yea try the clove oil or if you can manage it even chew a dry clove if you have it but i know it tastes really strong and also dont swallow your saliva after you put it on your tooth spit it out until most of that taste goes as its quite concentrated and you dont want that in a pregnant body x
I usually ignore that lady but today she was really rude towards my children and if she does it again i think i will be even more rude back to her not her child but her she needs bringing a peg or 2 down:)

Good luck slinkyson! I hope you'll be in full labour soon too Laura :)

Ignore that horrible woman safia, she's not worth your time.

I am in so much pain with my tooth/teeth it's unreal. I couldn't eat my dinner & I'm in bed. Wish I didn't get so scared of the dentist :-( I will hunt for clove oil tomorrow. There's not even bonjela in this house!

mama-bear via phone

I hope your tooth pain eases. I think tooth ache is worse than labour. X

Girls I thought Baby Burgess was coming last night....spent all day with period dull aches and 4.30pm stomach cramping every 5 minutes, by 8.15pm they were two minutes but couldn't understand why they were not more painful, rang for advise and told to go in to be monitored.

Turns out I am in the latent phase however could be for hours or days. The two minute cramping did stop but dull ache remained...

Today had dull ache all day and mild cramping has started again from 6.35pm. 3 poos yesterday and 2 today so far. Hoping she's making her way out....slowly but surely I hope :).

Drank pineapple juice, bouncing on ball and having a curry later. :)

Eeeeeek we see both in at the same time! I'm being induced so I've had the thing they stick up getting assessed again at 2am! Had mild period like pains for days now! Contractions have started but baby's head is not down far enough yet! I've got lucazade and jelly babies to keep me going once I get into full blown labour but they may not be till tomorrow! Although the Midwifes have said she's wanting out so who knows eeeeek exciting! I had diahrea yesterday and two poops today it's asif my body knows but yet I'm not quite full term so I'm apparently a priority yet I've only been seen a handful of times I'm stuck in a room for 4 on my tod! I dare say they'll be others joining me through the night! Good luck huni xx

Well ladies I managed about 3 hours kip! On dome painkillers but my god can't sleep now my back and tightening in my tum is pretty immense I asked for painkillers at 4.30 still waiting for them! I much prefer the day staff, at least their English is good I'm really struggling to understand these lot! I'm getting a vagina examination again soon and I just know that's its going to absolutely kill if they don't give me something first! I'm tense as it is! Feel better for abit of sleep 3 hours isn't much to most but it is to me these days!! Anyway will keep you all posted :)

Well ladies I managed about 3 hours kip! On dome painkillers but my god can't sleep now my back and tightening in my tum is pretty immense I asked for painkillers at 4.30 still waiting for them! I much prefer the day staff, at least their English is good I'm really struggling to understand these lot! I'm getting a vagina examination again soon and I just know that's its going to absolutely kill if they don't give me something first! I'm tense as it is! Feel better for abit of sleep 3 hours isn't much to most but it is to me these days!! Anyway will keep you all posted :)

Aww try and get as much sleep in as u can even now so u got lots of energy for established labour. Seems like ur progressing nicely through latent phase :-D

Good luck keep us posted. U will definitely have your baby within the next day eek exciting.....I however think I may be like thius for many days, have decided to come to terms that it ius what it is and enjoy the peace (albeit not so much with a 3 year old in tow lol) whilst I got it xx

Hun keep ringing that bell if you need anything because they do take the piss and forget especially painkillers so bug them lol x
3 hours is good atleast it will give you some energy for later x

I've got to go for a glucose test in a few weeks - I think it's because my start BMI was just over 30... It takes 2 hours first thing in a morning tho so work will b messed about again!! :-/

Has anyone been for one before? She explained it was a blood test followed by a drink and 2 hrs later another blood test :-( sounds too exciting for me!! Lol x

I've got to go for a glucose test in a few weeks - I think it's because my start BMI was just over 30... It takes 2 hours first thing in a morning tho so work will b messed about again!! :-/

Has anyone been for one before? She explained it was a blood test followed by a drink and 2 hrs later another blood test :-( sounds too exciting for me!! Lol x

Lol take loads of magazines or a book x
I had one because i was told asian woman had a higher risk of getting diabetes during pregnancy. When i went they took my bloods and than gave me a bottle of lucozade which i had to finsh and than from when i finished it the countdown started til the next blood test and due to my baby brain i cant remember if they made me wait a hour or was it 2 but however many it was, it was so boring and my tummy was grumbling madly lol. Every hospital is different so they might give you a different drink, i know some ladies on here mentioned orange juice x

I had one and agree with Safia take some books or magazines! I had a really sweet orange squash type drink - made me feel real thirsty! x

Hi lady's I'm happy to report the birth of our daughter PoppyFreitag! She weighed in at 7.2ibs too at 36 weeks! Was born my emergency c section at 12.29am had a really bad time of it! Labour for 15 hours with horrendously painful contractions every 2mins lasting 45seconds! My far the worst pain ever experienced due to the fact she was back to back with me! I managed to get to 8cm and just couldn't do anymore exhausted wasn't the word! So they rushed me in! I just hope I recover ok I'd of prefers to have pushed her our but I was nill by mouth from 8am yesterday! Went into theatre at 12am so I have it my all! Plus the epidural didn't work in me just gas and air!
Anyway I'm just glad she is finally here she's perfect xx

Hi lady's I'm happy to report the birth of our daughter PoppyFreitag! She weighed in at 7.2ibs too at 36 weeks! Was born my emergency c section at 12.29am had a really bad time of it! Labour for 15 hours with horrendously painful contractions every 2mins lasting 45seconds! My far the worst pain ever experienced due to the fact she was back to back with me! I managed to get to 8cm and just couldn't do anymore exhausted wasn't the word! So they rushed me in! I just hope I recover ok I'd of prefers to have pushed her our but I was nill by mouth from 8am yesterday! Went into theatre at 12am so I have it my all! Plus the epidural didn't work in me just gas and air!

Congratulations!!!! Welcome Poppy! I hope you recover quickly, well done Hun. So pleased for you. X

Aww congratulations on your new little girl (poppy was one of three names we had in mind too) poppy is a gorgeous name :)

Although labour didn't go to plan (it rarely does) I hope it wasn't too traumatic for you.

All the best to u and your family.

PS were still waiting for Rosie Jayne to make her grand appearance :)

Aww hun sorry to hear about your emergency section I had to have one too. I'm sure you'll recover great they had me out of bed less than 24 hours later.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl, what a lovely name! Makes it all worth it xx

Congratulations hun x

Congratulations and welcome to the big world Poppy! I know it's not the birth you wanted but you are both safe and she is finally here in your arms!

Enjoy every precious moment x x

Back