Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Sounds like you have been a VERY busy bee.

Yay for the smaller size swimsuit that's fab.

You do so well with your physio, walking and swimming. I am so so sorry you have been left with so many things plus meds after everything. Hope meeting with consultant goes well and you get some answers and you see your mam.

Fab accommodation is booked for your sons wedding xxxxx

Thanks @jules1981, it's being at home that has given me the time to concentrate on looking after myself. My family still see me as sick and needing to recover and support that recovery, bringing me walking, lifts to the pool and making better food choices with me.

Was out on Monday with husband and only meal was lunch in a hotel. I was hungry so had the veg soup and the another starter of goats cheese salad. The soup was very carb heavy and I had the brown bread with it, proper Irish soda bread full of wheatgerm and bran. I slathered it in butter, it was delicious. Then Tuesday brought Dad out and had fish and chips, I usually leave the chips but had them. Then had wine when we got home. Weight was naturally up yesterday but I seem to have clawed that back today and on track for a small drop.
It would be very unlike me to eat out two days in a row and go so far off plan for both of them. And I did feel uncomfortably full after the fish and chips so I need to remember that feeling. I now like the feeling of an empty stomach.
Today I'm treating myself and finally getting my nails done, manicure and pedicure. The pedicure is so luxurious, full foot spa sitting for an hour in a massage chair, it's so worth it compared to trying to bend down to reach my toenails.

Hi, enjoy your pedicure & massage chair. Sounds lovely. I’m so disheartened at the moment started SW without signing up on Monday & 3 days in I’m up 2lbs been gaining every day. I get weighed every morning, after a pee & naked before food. Bad I know but I can’t break the habit. I was having near to my allowance of syns but cut that in half yesterday & still put on 0.8 of a pound. Decided to just have half my allowance of syns from now on.

Morning @Ali Kat, ,thanks I did enjoy it. Especially my toenails, they were so bad and I just can't reach them properly.
I really have no idea about SW or what way it should work so can't help other than say don't get disheartened. Just swapping bad habits for good will have to pay off in the end. I'm a daily weigher too, I know most say you shouldn't as you will have ups and downs but I find it keeps me really focused and I can easily see what caused a gain. It stops me going off track too many times each week. I weight daily but only officially record it each Sunday.
I using a keto approach with fasting, I fast from between 18 hours to 22 hours most days so have one meal only or a meal and smaller snack one, whatever suits that day. But this really is only doable because I am currently at home and can set my own schedule.

Last edited:
Had physio on Wednesday morning and hip exercises increased hugely. In fact I have to rearrange bedroom to make more floor space for stretches with resistance bands. Well I don't know what she did at the session but both hips sore now, really feeling the workout she gave them. Went swimming yesterday and pushed it to 36 lengths swimming and reduced the walking to 8 lengths. Still arms only doing the front crawl but added some small leg kicks to the backstroke at advice of physio. Today will be a full rest day from physio and swimming. Might go for a short walk, weather dependent. I'm trying to see how far I can get now without crutches but also without limping.
Food good yesterday mostly on plan and only one meal. Ate at 1600, chicken goujons, bacon medallions, coleslaw and cheese followed by one square dark chilli chocolate. The goujons were breaded which is off plan but they were very good organic chicken craft butcher ones.
Small drop on the scales today, aiming high with a target of 1kg loss this week and two really focused days will give me that. I'd like to do a full fast for about 30 hours and think that would be really beneficial but unfortunately I have meds to me taken timed with food so can't.
Next milestone is 76kg which would be 10kg lost and after that big target of 74kg which is a weight at which I visibly drop a size and look smaller.
Raining out, hoping it clears as the two boys are home today and I'd like to spend the day in the garden with them if possible.
Take care, chat later.

Last edited:
17/06 86kg BMI 37.2 obese class two
23/06 83.8kg weekly loss 2.2kg
30/06 82.6kg weekly loss 1.2kg
07/07 81.8kg weekly loss 0.8kg
14/07 80.5kg weekly loss 1.3kg
21/07 79.2kg weekly loss 1.3kg BMI 34.3 now obese class one
28/07 78.1kg weekly loss 1.1kg
04/08 77.5kg weekly loss 600g
Goal 80kg BMI 34.6 Have broken that with 77.5kg and BMI of 33.5
11/08 76.4kg weekly loss 1.1kg
18/08
25/08
30/08
06/09
13/09
20/09
27/09
04/10
11/10 Goal 70kg

Morning all, well I'm happy. I've lost 1.1kg this week and brought my BMI down to 33.1. Tantalisingly close to below 33 and also close to a 10kg loss.
Took the day off from swimming and physio yesterday but did go for a short walk with husband. Went without the crutches and walked through farm lanes rather than on the road, 2km over wobbly terrain.
Had lunch at 2ish, I had 2 oysters. Then a two eggs omelette with spinach, parsley, tomatoes, courgette followed by one square of dark chocolate.
Then at about 6pm I had some olives, feta, almonds and cranberry Wensleydale in the garden with 2 glasses of white wine.
Went to bed early about 9pm but then was awake at 0230 for about 2 hours.
Plan for today is I might go swimming and bring Oscar, which means I won't get a lot done myself. I've to do some shopping, some store cupboard items like coconut milk and chia seeds. And chicken wings, I want to make some soup. Will do physio when I come back I think.
Then I need to do a big wardrobe sorted out, it's time for an upgrade downgrade clear out and try on. And I've all my summer clothes still bagged away,I want to wash some and have available to wear.

Morning, went swimming with Oscar. I did 24 lengths swimming and 8 walking. Not too bad. Didn't go for a walk yesterday and didn't do my physio either. I do need rest days during the week but since she had increased the intensity of it it's just getting harder to do, I need more time and more space and it just takes a bit of organising. Oscars pool membership is up and I can't afford to renew it right now so leaving it for a while. He only gets to go when I bring him so he isn't getting great value from it.
Did a big clothes clear out yesterday and re sorted. I had a bag of summer/holiday clothes set aside and a bag of "don't fit yet" ones. Tried on everything and most are now washed and outside drying. I've lots that now fit and even one that's a "wear it now as it will be too big soon" 😅. If only I had somewhere to go. I now have a bag of clothes I don't want and a bag of too lose to wear. I still have a small bag that are too small and hanging onto them.
I might be going out today for cocktails ( but not drinking) it's future daughter in law's hen weekend. I didn't go away with them but will meet them in the local bar for the tail end of it today so have loads of options of dresses to wear whatever today's weather.
Chate later.

Morning, didn't go anywhere at all yesterday but did lots of trying to tidy and reorganise things at home. I still have some ironing to do and need to sort out the spare room bedroom wardrobe (where I am currently staying as it's downstairs). Went for a walk at about 2pm and managed about 2.25 km without crutches, though it's still a wobbly walk. Had one meal yesterday at about 3pm rocket, mozzarella, coleslaw, green beans and frozen dusted lemon sole (lidl). I had no desire to eat again but had some almonds at 7pm as I took some medication and it tastes awful. Was trying to watch the Olympic closing ceremony but we had a thunderstorm and lost the TV signal just as the music started.
Slight drop on scale this morning has me reaching the magic number of 76kg which is a total loss of 10kg and BMI just dropped under 33,I know for me it's not "official"until the weekend but it's a milestone worth marking. And I've been constantly monitoring my blood sugars and they are getting lower and I have been in mild ketosis for 4 days now which is good.
Plan for today, physio and then into town for a swim. And will see what the day has. I've a good burger for lunch with more rocket and the last of the coleslaw. And I made chicken stock yesterday so need to make soup.

I am on track and will stay on track😀

Hi, congratulations on your milestone. I wish I was more active but I’ve always disliked walking & being morbidly obese (10 stone overweight, was 14 stone overweight at my heaviest) I’m really unfit & struggle with walking. I have to walk slow as in the past I got chest pains if I walked at a moderate pace.

My gp prescribed Tildem but advised I only needed to take 1 if going to the gym. I work 10am - 7pm so I’m always too tired to go for a short walk after work & I definitely didn’t want to do so in the dark, cold, nights in the winter. You put me to shame because there’s always before work or during my 30 mins lunch.

I figure when my weight plateaus I will have to get more active. I’ve lost 12lbs since the end of June. 1st week I dropped 6lbs but then I yo-yo’d for 3 weeks before dropping a lb & then it’s been an average of 2lb a week.

So as long as I lose every week I’ll be happy. Just looked up weight range for a 5ft 2 female & it’s 7 stone 3 - 10 stone 13, with an ideal weight of 8st 12. I haven’t been 9st since I was 19. I’m 47 now. I know I can do it because I’ve lost 8 stone in the past.

It’s not a diet it’s a way of life.

Last edited:
I agree @Ali Kat, its a way of life but first it takes a big mental shift to get to that stage. I have been scarred into taking action. Previously while I may have had a sedentary job I had always tried to go for a walk or a swim, I've always enjoyed swimming. But that has just totally slowed down in the past 5 years ( new job, more travel, less time,going to college and then of course COVID). And since Christmas well I just haven't moved at all as was in pain and waiting for hip surgery to relieve that.
10am to 7pm is a difficult time to fit exercise and even meals around, it uses up the good bits of the day.

Well I'm a bit happy today, I've been monitoring my blood glucose as hospital really wasn't happy with it. And numbers not only are normal now but I'm also in therapeutic ketosis. So my body is now burning fat🔥.
Yesterday did physio and went swimming and went for a walk.
Today I plan on going swimming in the lake, a neighbour met me on the road and asked if I'd be interested...yes please😀. Though will probably freeze.
I've made some good chicken stock and think I might bring a hot flask of it with me to warm up afterwards. Soup made for the week, the stock, some bits of chicken, leeks, tiny bit of celery, cream and parsley...it's lovely and full of good things.

Morning, weight still creeping down so should make this week's target. My blood glucose numbers are now a more important target for me though than weight. Both hips were very painful yesterday and tried to go for a walk but didn't get very far so I've started taking paracetamol for them. I'm hoping it's just the increase in physio. Today is a no physio day so will continue with paracetamol and see how it goes.

Well I woke up sore so didn't do physio again today but I did go swimming, 28 lengths and a short 1.25km walk. Out for the day tomorrow with husband and maybe lake swimming in the evening

Morning, me again. Well I had no weight loss for 3 days in a row and a slight increase this morning. So it will be hard to make tomorrows goal but will keep trying. For some reason I haven't had as much water the past few days, I don't know why. Even sitting on Thursday night I said I just had no desire to drink water. I also did have some wine two nights in a row so that hasn't helped.
I haven't been doing my physio either for a few days, it was just too painful. But going to get up soon and get stuck into it. Then will think about going to the pool.
I was supposed to be taking the boys to the beach next week to a friend's house but he managed to double book and it's not available. So I'm desperately looking for somewhere else to take them for two nights and it's not easy, it's the last week of school holidays and everywhere is booked. I've even thought of camping but daughter wants a bed and Oscar needs a bathroom. Will keep looking, backup plan is three day trips.
I've been certified for another 3 weeks off work and have told husband I need a short break away before I go back to work. I need an opportunity to feel normal before returning. So we have a few days away together in two weeks, can't wait. And that gives me great motivation to get back on track. I'd love to reach the goal of 74kg for it, for me this is always the weight at which I properly drop a size.
Take care, chat later.

Morning, me again. Well I had no weight loss for 3 days in a row and a slight increase this morning. So it will be hard to make tomorrows goal but will keep trying. For some reason I haven't had as much water the past few days, I don't know why. Even sitting on Thursday night I said I just had no desire to drink water. I also did have some wine two nights in a row so that hasn't helped.
I haven't been doing my physio either for a few days, it was just too painful. But going to get up soon and get stuck into it. Then will think about going to the pool.
I was supposed to be taking the boys to the beach next week to a friend's house but he managed to double book and it's not available. So I'm desperately looking for somewhere else to take them for two nights and it's not easy, it's the last week of school holidays and everywhere is booked. I've even thought of camping but daughter wants a bed and Oscar needs a bathroom. Will keep looking, backup plan is three day trips.
I've been certified for another 3 weeks off work and have told husband I need a short break away before I go back to work. I need an opportunity to feel normal before returning. So we have a few days away together in two weeks, can't wait. And that gives me great motivation to get back on track. I'd love to reach the goal of 74kg for it, for me this is always the weight at which I properly drop a size.
Take care, chat later.
I admire your motivation. Hope you have a lovely time on your break away.

Managed a loss of 700g this week for which I am very grateful because at one stage I thought I was in line for a gain.

17/06 86kg BMI 37.2 obese class two
23/06 83.8kg weekly loss 2.2kg
30/06 82.6kg weekly loss 1.2kg
07/07 81.8kg weekly loss 0.8kg
14/07 80.5kg weekly loss 1.3kg
21/07 79.2kg weekly loss 1.3kg BMI 34.3 now obese class one
28/07 78.1kg weekly loss 1.1kg
04/08 77.5kg weekly loss 600g
Goal 80kg BMI 34.6 Have broken that with 77.5kg and BMI of 33.5
11/08 76.4kg weekly loss 1.1kg
18/08 75.7kg weekly loss 700g
25/08
30/08
06/09
13/09
20/09
27/09
04/10
11/10 Goal 70kg

Morning all, well last week was up and down but managed a 700g loss. I'd really like to hit 74kg for 30th Aug. I have finally managed to organise a few days away with husband. As already said I just want to feel normal, and trying to fit time away between all the appointments I have was hard. That means a 1.7kg loss in two weeks, it's manageable but difficult. We've found somewhere to take the little kids for two nights this week so it will be even harder to stay on track with food and exercise this week as I won't be at home cooking for myself but eating out to little kids schedules and preferences.
Went lake swimming on Saturday and had fun, the water was cold and it took me a while to get in but once I did it was great. Only thing is a dog was with us and she got too close to me and scratched me twice. Only seemed like a small scratch at the time but now I have massive bruises from it.
Yesterday focussed on getting my full physio workout done in the morning and then went to the pool. Did my longest session there yet, 40 lengths swimming. Have reduced my walking to just 6 lengths and that's in lots of two to give myself a breather between lengths. I do front crawl and backstroke and barely use my legs at all. Breaststroke is bad for my hip and shoulder so don't do it at all.
Managed a pain free night, I took paracetamol and also rearranged my bed so I'm sleeping without pressure on my hips. Lots of cushions behind me so I'm almost half sitting and can't roll onto my side and then a very large cushion under my knees. Im normally a foetal position or swastika side sleeper so it was hard to go to sleep but woke without pain, only five hours sleep though.
Plan for today is an early trip to town, daughter one needs to borrow my car for crèche drop offs and to get to work so will drop me to the pool. I need to try to buy 2kg dumbbells for physio. I got 3kg ones as recommended by physio but they are just too heavy to do the exercises and be effective.
Going to start with a jump on the scales and then some peppermint tea, chat later👍

Back