Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Morning all. Im in bed with a four year old sleeping on top of me and im trying not to move too much.
Swimming on Monday did 40 lenghts again, i had the time to focus on them so why not. And did my full lot of physio. Had my physio appointment yesterday and told her about the pain so she has decreased the intensity of some of the exercises. Then got in the car with daughter 2 and 3 little ones and we took a trip away with the 3 little ones, we must be mad. Legs and hips killing me from walking yesterday. We took them swimming in the evening, as we had 3 non swimmers i only managed to do 8 lenghts but then spent time dragging the kids around. Late dinner for us all and that was my only meal yesterday. In fact the others had breakfast while i was at physio and no meal during the day. They did all have an ice cream at about 3pm.
Plan for today is more swimming and then check the weather and how our legs are and maybe a wildlife park.
Chat later

Hope you enjoy your time with your family. 40 lengths is very impressive. I’m finding now that I’ve lost a stone I can walk a lot better.

Last edited:
Thanks @Ali Kat .
Home now from our trip away, I ended up with 3 nights away, 2 with the kids and one with husband. I made good choices with food though did sneak the odd chips. I didn't fast properly but did get some swimming in. Happy to report I didn't gain any weight, didn't lose any but didn't gain any. So only today to see if I can reach target for tomorrows weigh in. Don't think it's doable but will give it a go.
I've lots of unpacking and washing to do and need to start now with my swimsuits before anyone else gets to the machine.

17/06 86kg BMI 37.2 obese class two
23/06 83.8kg weekly loss 2.2kg
30/06 82.6kg weekly loss 1.2kg
07/07 81.8kg weekly loss 0.8kg
14/07 80.5kg weekly loss 1.3kg
21/07 79.2kg weekly loss 1.3kg BMI 34.3 now obese class one
28/07 78.1kg weekly loss 1.1kg
04/08 77.5kg weekly loss 600g
Goal 80kg BMI 34.6 Have broken that with 77.5kg and BMI of 33.5
11/08 76.4kg weekly loss 1.1kg
18/08 75.7kg weekly loss 700g
25/08 75.2kg weekly loss 500g
30/08
06/09
13/09
20/09
27/09
04/10
11/10 Goal 70kg

Morning, a loss of 500g this week. I was hoping for 800g as I wanted to get into the 74s but will take 500g any day over a gain. I was really hoping to be 74kg for this Friday, just a nice phycological number for me to reach.
The loss is now visible on my body in two ways. I am obviously smaller and fit in smaller clothes. But also I am now showing signs of flabby loose skin. I'm doing what I can to tone up, my swimming is now quite strong but my flabby loose bingo arms are growing quicker than I can tone up. Also no amount of Clarins magic cream is going to sort out this turkey neck. I'm taking collagen supplement daily.
Hoping to do some physio when I get up and go swimming at the pool. I did nothing yesterday, too exhausted after the few days away and definitely needed to let my legs recover.

Morning, it's the beginning of a new week and on Friday I have a few days away with husband. I'm really looking forward to it and took some time yesterday trying on clothes and packing for it. I'm in danger now of missing out fitting into some clothes, I will bypass them and they will become too big before I get to wear them. I've ordered a dress from Zara for the wedding as the lovely posh one I got is now too big...and also my daughter feels it may be too bridesmaidy so deemed not appropriate by her.
Physio yesterday morning and 40 lengths swimming. Then came home and cooked a lasagne style dish, using courgette slices instead of pasta and mozzarella and greek yoghurt in place of cheese bechamel. It was delicious.

Morning, I've had a whoosie drop overnight. I had a STS yesterday and was confused as I felt smaller. The scales is a funny thing and of course I know it's not accurate especially with regular weighing but keeps me motivated.
Yesterday did physio and then a 3km walk with husband. An earlier lunch than usual at about 1330 of the lasagne as above and some asparagus. Followed by a square of dark chocolate. It was cold so I lit the fire and fell asleep watching a film. Another walk when daughter came home from work, this time about 2.25km and snuggled back up under a blanket to watch another film. Husband cooked a roast chicken so had a slice of that and some smoked almonds. Then a litre of sparkling water with some lime in it.
The weather is beginning to feel very autumnal here which has me sad as I'm still really waiting on my summer to begin.
Take care, chat later

Hi Tipperary, keep up the good work. You’re an inspiration. I went to my in-laws for the bank holiday weekend & was only having 1 main meal a day so I dropped 4lbs. I’m just hoping I keep it off as I introduce lunch back. My hubby said I was walking a lot faster at the weekend.

Thanks @Ali Kat . That weight loss is great but the walking faster even better, weight is only a number it's the advantages that go with losing it that are more important.

I did it, I am officially bang on 74kg and a BMI of 32
Weigh in not supposed to be until Sunday but I am going away for the weekend and won't have access to a scale

25/08 75.2kg weekly loss 500g
30/08 Actual date 74kg weekly loss 1.2k and BMI 32
06/09
13/09
20/09
27/09
04/10
11/10 Goal 70kg

I'm away this weekend and had a target of 74kg and I have reached that. I have two resort style dresses to bring with me that fit comfortably and are something I would never have worn before so am excited to see how they feel and look on.
Target for next week is to stay the same, to not put weight on over this weekend. I will be able to go for walks but won't have access to a pool, I may have a beach but not sure if it's swimming friendly. I will be able to do some physio but not all, can't bring my weights with me.
The dress from Zara arrived, it's an XL but says it's small fitting, and it's quite a slinky form fitting dress, you know the ones with a side zip, they are always tough to fit into. I tried it in the morning with a size 18 shapewear slip from M&S (I'm now very wobbly and need something to hold my bits in) and it looks good but couldn't get zip up last 2 inches. Well I could if someone else tried but I didn't want to force it, belly, hips and boobs fit it was underarm was the issue. The arm openings are very small. So then bought a size 14 Dunnes shapewear slip with a different top and tried that later, daughter got zip up but boobs looked bigger in this one and pulled a bit. So, going to wait until much closer to wedding and myself and two daughters going shopping to get the correct underwear for our dresses.
I'm hoping to lose another 4 kilos, a very big ask, but I will arrive in Greece a week before the wedding so need to give myself some leeway to allow for potential holiday gain.
Plan today is physio and pool, and I'm getting my hair done. And I need to pack for tomorrow. Using up what's left in fridge and freezer so today is either chicken or eggs, spinach, cheese and tomatoes.
Chat later

Last edited:
Thanks @Ali Kat it's been a great confidence boost.
I'm sitting on a balcony in the sun and I can see the sea, it's about 50m away. I'm boosting my vit D and my happy hormones. Was travelling on Friday and first full-day here yesterday. Have been having two meals a day but making good choices and severely limiting the carbs. It's meat, cheese, veg, eggs and nuts only. Have been having wine though and I can see it going straight to my ankles. Walking,eating and shopping yesterday, though walking was very uncomfortable and now I'm very sore. Then we did have a jump in the sea, it felt so good. Plan for today is chill on the beach, swim a bit and read a book.

Last edited:
Meals yesterday where gazpacho (fresh with no bread) and grilled halloumi salad for lunch. Then dinner in an amazing restaurant was fois gras, then a broad bean hummous with courgette followed by a desert of poached apricots with lavender cream. I had a nibble of bread. This is the first sweet thing I have eaten on the trip, I had planned on one dessert or sweet treat while away.
Today is some shopping , maybe some sights and hopefully again a dip in the sea. And I will see some sun.

Morning and home to the cold weather and my nose is freezing and tingling. The numbness in my face and mouth is very slowly getting better, or not as noticeable as it was but when I get cold it gets extremely cold to the point where it hurts. A little bit of heat this week and it was hardly noticeable but now it's like Siberia on one side of my face. Mini break finished and my one totally off plan day was Wednesday travelling home with takeaway and chocolate while travelling. Lots of plans yesterday to walk and swim and fast but decided to rest my body. Well rest as in no formal exercise but I did lots. All unpacked, all washed, dried and mostly ironed. I've a rack left out now to pack for the trip to Greece for the wedding. A few things needed some repairing, an odd stitch here and there so that's done. And I've moved all my clothes and toiletries back upstairs. I'm not fully recovered but can manage the stairs and need to stop feeling like an invalid. I've been given some more time of work to need to kick my rehabilitation up a gear. Seeing the physio today and then going to the pool. It's our wedding anniversary this week so out to a nice restaurant for dinner tonight to celebrate (with a voucher I bought husband for Christmas) and then back to strict diet and exercise regime tomorrow.
Take care, chat later.

Thanks, the meal was lovely and weight is up this week but I had accounted for that. Need to set proper targets for next week now and make a plan

Morning, official weigh in today has me up 700g on last week. I had expected it and hope to claw that back by mid week and record a small loss for next week.
Went to the pool yesterday morning and swam a quick enough 40 lengths. I concentrate on the feeling of the water pushing past my right arm and I really feel that it is helping bring back the feeling. The weight training is helping the strength and the major physical deficit I am left with is fine motor skills. I struggle to put a key in the door, guide a computer mouse correctly, can't pluck my eyebrows or put on mascara and my handwriting still very clumsy. I use my tablet touchpad all the time and the amount of corrections I need to make means it's very slow...but all part of the healing process.
Made soup yesterday, stock from chicken wings then veg including cabbage , tomato paste, some smoked paprika and garlic and a little bit of mince...sort of a Borscht type thing. Planned on having enough for the week, well the smell attracted the hoards and I barely have enough left for today. Then a neighbour called to see if I wanted to go for a swim in the lake and I said yes even though I had my exercise done for the day. It was pretty cold but I reckon we were about 30 minutes in it. I felt good afterwards but took a long time to get warm again despite a warm shower and the soup. I wouldn't really count it as exercise as it's more bobbing about but it is good for your immune system and lymphatic system...so I'm told.
Plan for today is physio, pool swim and maybe a wander with the small kids depending on the weather. Soup for lunch and I've mince cooked so having that in lettuce wraps with cheese.
Take care and chat later.

600g gain this week at 74.6kg. Aiming for 73.5kg on 13/09 with a nett loss of 500g
I've got this 💪