Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Have you got to the stage I have? I feel that so much has passed me by while I was large that now I need to do stuff, experience stuff, get out there...............you know?

Haven't hit that stage yet but I am wanting to do more but still feel embarrassed by my size, my head so doesn't see any changes. x

I've got an idea - we need to put a list of the things we've always wanted to do but couldn't because of our size (whether it was a purely physical or mental thing holding us back). Could be a good impetus...

My love of live music has definitely come to the fore, can't really afford real gigs at the Take That price type tickets so local bands in local pubs has become my fun time - next friday is my next gig and looking forward to it already.

Not sure about the confidence thing, I have become more of a scaredy cat as I have got older - a water park slide used to be nothing, as big as I was, maybe 10 years ago, 5 years ago it became a very scary thing to me...........no rhyme or reason for it. Yet I can walk into a pub and watch a band all by myself........weird.

I know, driving in the snow terrifies me and I always thought I was quite a confident driver. Ah well, if life was the same all the way through it would be toooooooooooooo boring lol

I've started getting old lady vertigo with stairs - need to see where my foot is going on the next stair, instead of tromping down without a worry :(

Just read those last few posts, and was thinking about Jim wondering about whether we have lack of self esteem.

I'm on my own so can please myself - but you have families and OHs, and I think you are amazing to stick to Atkins and please other people at the same time.

Just keep in mind that losing weight is for you and no one else. What a gift :)

Back