Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Yes, she was actually in Brisbane visiting her parents, but they've been very lucky and only had a bit of water in the house, thank goodness - but she said it has been terrifying, after 11 straight days of rain. It's so hot there that the earth is baked dry and the water doesn't have anywhere to drain away.

oh no its terrible! at least we have soppy grass to drain it away!

Made me stop complaining about the bit of rain we've got!

TG for leftovers, I am about to tuck into chilli mayo mince left over from yesterday, I am ravenous today!

Yes QLD is getting a thrashing from what I've seen Susie.

Yum suze made with tinned tomatoes?

It sure is, Jimbo, and they've got more water on its way, poor things!

V - no it's induction friendly, I just fry up 500g mince, add steamed cabbage and chilli flakes, then stir in mayo. Really quick and simple and it does two meals :)

MMMM, I may give that a try Susie, looks good to me.

No worries, it is delish - and better heated up the next day.

Has anyone got a good recipe for cauli rice? I made it once and it was a mess...

Also, Vicky and Jim, as the inhouse curry lovers, do you have a recipe for a nice curry that's not too hot, preferably without cream?

thats sounds lovely Suze. God Bless Mayo!
grate it when uncooked, stick in micro with bit of water, cover and ping it. thats how i did it when making cauli tots.

Curry wise i would just use a curry paste (the pataks once arent bad as you only use a teaspoon/tbsp) and fry meat in it. add some stock and let it bubble away, or a can of tesco value tinned tomatoes(they are the lowest ive found). Ive ordered some coconut milk to add into mine. 2g/100g and tin is 400g. which aint bad!

Morning Susie.

I did have a couple of malts last night, I was home alone so felt I deserved them. :)

Back