Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

24.gif

MORNING! :)

Been up and about for a couple of hours but have had more puter problems - although I've got Rapport and Windows Defender, just lately I keep picking up viruses, and have to run the full version of malware before I can come online.

I hate trojans hate hate trojans - when I sell the flat I am definitely buying a Mac!.

Any suggestions for short term fixes, techie people?

sorry Jim is your best bet x i have mcafee.

Been up and about for a couple of hours but have had more puter problems - although I've got Rapport and Windows Defender, just lately I keep picking up viruses, and have to run the full version of malware before I can come online.

I hate trojans hate hate trojans - when I sell the flat I am definitely buying a Mac!.

Any suggestions for short term fixes, techie people?

2 things

1. AVG Free
and
2. Spybot search and destroy Susie,

The first will prevent most, and the second will clean up most love.

and they are both free.

I agree about Windows, it's bloody hopeless. I thank god I'm a UNIX man.

http://www.avg.com/gb-en/buyav-ppc_...&wm_g_pcmt=&wm_g_cnt=0&wm_kw=AVG+free&wm_sd=1

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

PS. you don't have to donate.

Knew I'd get caught out sooner or later! :)

Well, the whole "doesn't rain but it pours" thing continues - my tenant has given a month's notice (I was hoping she would stay until it is sold). Means that unless there's an offer soon, I'll have to move back there, what a hassle!

Oh FFS Suz - what with you and Linz!!!!

ah well, maybe you'll get lucky and get a buyer quicker without a sitting tenant Susie.

yes Jim is right Suz. any news from the people who came to look on sat?

They have to apply directly to the housing association, not me, so I'm still waiting to hear. I've just spoken to the building society, they will reduce the mortgage to interest only for a few months so that means I don't have to move.

As soon as it's all sorted, I am closing all my accounts with NatWest - they have been completely unhelpful - and that's after 16 years of banking with them. Guess loyalty doesn't count for anything!

Will need to sort out a new bank - who likes theirs?

we're with Santander, neither particularly good or bad really.

2 things 1. AVG Free
and
2. Spybot search and destroy Susie,
The first will prevent most, and the second will clean up most love.and they are both free.

Thx Jim, I downloaded AVG (which isn't free, 30 day trial then you have to pay) and then Spybot, which also isn't free incidentally (it locates the viruses but won't delete them unless you register and pay).

It also said there was a conflict with AVG so I got rid of that. Cost £30 - but worth it, I so can't afford a new laptop!

Thx for the advice.

Back